Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,596 replies, has 410 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 2 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 34,101 through 34,150 (of 36,089 total)

• Bowling for me again tomorrow, going to try and get up at 5am on Friday. Will fish until 1pm ISH then shopping later on. Will get things ready tomorrow when I get home from bowls.

I’ve lost 9lbs so very happy with that. The sun as come out so feeling good today.

Good afternoon
    Hedgehogs, thank you for the offer of having my GD. She is 7 going on 17. She is lovely but full of energy. After a couple of hours you would be returning her šŸ™‚

Nana, my baby GD is on the mend but still not fully fit – smiling though. She is going to Lytham today with family for a few days. Not too far away if they need to come home.

Jean, our bathroom sealant needs replacing. You inspire me with the jobs you tackle. I may give it a go.

Dave, enjoy your picnic. I hope the weather is kind for you. Congratulations on your 9lbs loss.

FD for me today and weigh in tomorrow morning. Eye Clinic at the hospital today. Small puncture in my retina last year, just a check up. I will be there hours – it’s very slow going.

Only had coffee for breakfast today. Trying without toast – see how I go.

All the best to the Thursday fasters.
    Regards Bronwyn

I’ll be up in less than 6 hoursšŸ’¤šŸ˜“. Determined to get up at 5am though. Will eat more today, will take a few butties to eat while fishing. I’ll bite even if the fish don’tšŸ¤£

Good morning everyone,I got up ok, didn’t sleep much do am early night tonight is on the cards. Weather looks ok funny want the sun to come out today if possible.Not a fast day or even a low day.

The fish were not really biting, caught a nice carp and a roach, that was it but a nice day in the fresh air. Chloe was whining when I went outšŸ˜ driving Denise nuts.

Afternoon everyone it’s a much warmer day here than of late. Was rewarded with a one and a half pounds loss on the scales this morning so think I’ll be continuing with tre eating and 1200 calories for the time being.
    No Friday night meet up with friends and takeaway this evening as OH has come down with a nasty cough and cold that’s doing the rounds here at the moment.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and hope you have a good weekend.
    Nana xxx

Had too many calories today so will be back to 1200 from tomorrow.

Evening!
    Dave- sounds like it was a nice morning even if not too many fish…really well done with 9lbs off, that’s great!
    Nana- well done with your pound & a half off too, that’s really good, you have to work hard for it…Hope hubby gets better soon & you don’t catch it!
    Jean- nice to have seen your daughter, shame about Katie’s grandad… Hope your loo seat is easier to fit than our one was! Nice to have Natalie back for a walking companion too…
    Bronwyn- so pleased your youngest GD is on the mend! Your 7yr old sounds like hard work! Hope your weigh in is good too, & hope your eye appt goes okay, sounded nasty!
    Had a busy day, walked Xena & Obi, but Enoch’s mum not answering again. Made the cake ready for gret-nephew, coloured all the icing, made butter cream, all ready to decorate tomorrow! Saw Mum this afternoon, she’s had a bad week, hopefully seeing Archie on Sunday will cheer her up…

Evening Allā€¦.
    Our river bank has been cut so lovely to be back walking on itā€¦taking about 4 foot of height weeds and nettles down.

I had lunch out with friend I havenā€™t seen her for a year a really lovely catch up.

1lb on again I think I am in holiday, a bit of eating this week!!

Bronwynā€¦
    Hoping the eye clinic goes well for you
    Being on my own I have not much choice I have to get on with jobs, I give it a tryā€¦.

Dave..
    Hope the fishing went well and you caught lotsā€¦

Nana..
    Hope hubby soon feels better shame on missing your night out.

Jean x

Good afternoon everyone, it’s the FA cup final today and our house is mixed. Denise supports United my son and I support City. I’d better keep my heart spray to hand. If we lose I’ll be miserable all week, Denise says it’s just a game but when you have gone for over 50 years it’s a bit more.

Afternoon All..
    Looks like the return of warm weatherā€¦
    A long village walk this morning chatting on the way nearly two hours Charlie only clocked up 50 minsā€¦ gaffer tape needed!!

As late back and rushed to boules my worse game ever. I like a quiet morning before I play..

Sat in the garden reading the last hour in now a bit warmā€¦

Dave..
    Good luck for the footy although we are Man U fansā€¦

Bob can bob off.. we have lost stones here so no help needed!!!

Jean x

Hi FB Brits.. hope all is well with you. Xxxx

Its lovely weather now.. lots of warm sunshine again has arrived with June..

A busy 2 weeks for me looking after my neighbours plot…. 2 greenhouses and loads of seedlings to care for. Plus cat lol.

This morning I put a pack of chicken fillets and load s of veg in the croc pot it smells absolutely delicious.. dinner this evening and tomorrows loads to freeze.

Well done everyone that lost weight this week.. Xx Keeping my weight stable.. I love the feeling..

Enjoy your weekend everyone ā€œProcessed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.ā€ Xxxx

Good afternoon, had a nice day out just the two of us, had a picnic in Etherow country park. Lots of birds and ducks and plenty of dogs. Weather perfect so enjoyed it.

Evening!
    Dave- a lovely day out for you, did Denise & Chloe enjoy it too?
    Nana- hope hubby is feeling better xx
    Jean- have you grown tomatoes again this year? It’s nice to have a natter on a walk though…enjoy the sun!
    Hemmy- wow, you’ll be busy with the neighbour’s plants! Does Mr Pips like their cat?
    Bronwyn- hope you’ve had a good weekend…
    Got Archie’s cake made yesterday- it’s a bit dry but looks good! We went to sister’s this afternoon which was lovely, Archie was a bit overwhelmed to start with but did enjoy it… Ate too much this weekend, but a FD tomorrow. BGT final on now…

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A walk around our nature reserve which was a change with Oreo, it sounds nicer than it is .. getting very closed in and over grownā€¦

Finished cleaning my windows in and out, anyone tried ā€˜The Pink Stuffā€™ glass cleaner, about Ā£1.10 unbelievably good, streak freeā€¦

A few things packed for my holiday, passport and other bits and pieces put in my hand luggageā€¦

Hemmy..
    Lots of work looking after your neighbours plants and puss.
    Freezer getting full again šŸ˜‚.. I shall again after my hols.

Dave..
    Glad your picinic day went well and sunny weather too..

Hedgehog..
    No tomatoes this year, with being away twice no one to water them.
    Archieā€™s cake sounded lovely.. I am with eating too much at the momentā€¦

FD going well up to now keeping busyā€¦

Lunch out tomorrow you canā€™t win with food!!ā€¦ meeting up with Natalie and Sam.

Keep strong fasters!!!!

Jean x

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A walk around our nature reserve which was a change with Oreo, it sounds nicer than it is .. getting very closed in and over grownā€¦

Finished cleaning my windows in and out, anyone tried ā€˜The Pink Stuffā€™ glass cleaner, about Ā£1.10 unbelievably good, streak freeā€¦

A few things packed for my holiday, passport and other bits and pieces put in my hand luggageā€¦

Hemmy..
    Lots of work looking after your neighbours plants and puss.
    Freezer getting full again šŸ˜‚.. I shall again after my hols.

Dave..
    Glad your picinic day went well and sunny weather too..

Hedgehog..
    No tomatoes this year, with being away twice no one to water them.
    Archieā€™s cake sounded lovely.. I am with you eating too much at the momentā€¦

FD going well up to now keeping busyā€¦

Lunch out tomorrow you canā€™t win with food!!ā€¦ meeting up with Natalie and Sam.

Keep strong fasters!!!!

Jean x

Twice???
    No idea whyā€¦.

Another hot sunny day here today. We drew at bowls 4 winners each but lost in points. I got dropped so can’t blame me. Got a good sun tan sat on a bench in the sun.761 calories so far today so doing well.

Evening everyone,
    Lovely day in West Yorks. Sunny with a light breeze.

Weighed myself on Friday and I had lost 1.5 lbs. I was so pleased. I have not had breakfast for 2 days. I tried just having coffee but it gave me tummy cramps so not having anything until lunchtime. Getting used to it – see how I go.

I have been discharged from the eye clinic. I still have a slight shadow in my right eye but it doesn’t affect my vision. I bought a 50p book from the waiting room. A Barbara Vine chiller, enjoying reading it in the garden. Some of her books have a sinister edge to them.

Dave your picnic sounded lovely. Did you take Chloe with you? I was happy that City won. As a Leeds supporter I can’t support Utd. Back in the Championship next season šŸ™ My DH supports Bradford City so not much glory in our house šŸ˜‚

Next FD is Thursday and then weigh in Friday morning. I seem to be behaving at the moment – I hope it lasts.
    Regards Bronwyn

Evening!
    Bronwyn- well done with your loss, you’re doing well! Good you’ve been discharged ā˜ŗ I don’t think I’ve read any of Barbara Vine’s books…
    Dave- enjoy the speedway, keep strong on your FD!
    Jean- when do you go away? You get organised well ahead! Well done with your FD, & enjoy your lunch tomorrow…
    Hemmy- the garden’s keeping you busy!
    My FD has been okay, busy too- walked all 3 dogs, did ironing, youngest popped round, been to mum’s…the HomeStart family I supported who went to Belfast are back for a couple of days so we’re meeting for coffee tomorrow, guess it won’t be a 2nd FD…

Morning All..
    A cloudy damp start again, usually brighter a little later..a river bank walk with Oreo..

Lunch back at the pub in Airmyn where we are walking this morning.

Bronwyn..
    Well done at your weight loss and your new plan is working. Itā€™s strange how you can get so focused at times then you loose the plot againā€¦ my holiday head I feel I am struggling.

Hedgehog..
    I go away a week Saturday 17thā€¦ I have to get organised I am not so quick now and getting Charlieā€™s bag done tooā€¦ still I always start about two weeks before..
    Three dogs to walk you must be burning the calories always so busyā€¦

Dave..
    Shame you didnā€™t play bowlsā€¦ nice and brown though!

Jean x

Good morning everyone, Bronwyn I never have breakfast but on holiday I had it every day hence I put a stone on.Bradford had a great speedway track years ago. City’s final push on Saturday the champions league final. Got to win that one too equal united. Having lemon chicken for tea tonight with Mediterranean veggies.

Evening!
    Just 2 dogs walked, didn’t have time to walk Enoch, met HomeStart mum in town, that was lovely. Food shopping done as well, then cooking…not a FD, had lovely carrot cake, although that was lunch! FD tomorrow…

I didn’t take Chloe on the picnic,it would have been a disaster, too many dogs running free, she would have been terrified. She dosent seem to be bothered being left on her own. No sun today so I won’t top up my tan.Had too much to eat yesterday so back on track today.

Afternoon All..
    An early walk then we went to visit my sister. She was teary and upset, a bit under the weather with a chest infection and a bad back. She was back talking to her imaginary people which she hasnā€™t done the last 4 visits.

Hoping for a FD today all is going wellā€¦

A bit more getting ready for hols, case labels done, sorted toiletries out.

Jean x

The sun came out in the end, it’s been a lovely day. Clear blue sky now. Only 48 calories so far today.

1100 calories and that’s up to bed time. So below target. Will hopefully do the same tomorrow and Friday.

Evening!
    Dave- well done, you’re keeping low! Such a shame Chloe is so scared of other dogs…
    Jean- nice you get to see Natalie & Oreo again, will she be off working again? Hope your sister gets better soon, sad that she was hearing the voices again…
    Bronwyn- you’re doing well, I used to skip breakfast but do love it on a nonFD! Can’t seem to give that up at the moment…
    Nana- take care & get better soon, a shame hubby is so good at sharing!
    Hemmy- hope you’re okay & just busy with the watering!
    FD was hard today, finished at 700cals. Walked with Obi & his owner- she’s still very unsteady, not sure how she’ll manage with him on her own, he does lunge at other dogs sometimes, she’s never corrected him. Didn’t have time to walk Enoch again…

Good morning everyone a beautiful sunny day here šŸŒžšŸŒžšŸŒž. Going bowling again at 1-30 so fingers crossed I can win today for a change. Will take Chloe out now before it gets to hot.

Afternoon All..
    Sun just appearing here itā€™s been chilly.. out and about getting holiday bits, mozzy stuff, money went in the charity shop bought 6 books, found a Val Woods a local author I shall read that before I goā€¦ I shall only take a couple, there will be too much talking going on.

Katie and family landed this morning, they are shattered so have gone to bed in hotel near the airport. She used it when she was with Emirates there is a small town nearby to walk around. She flies to Tenerife tomorrow.

Trying for another FD but getting in a holiday mood. I did one yesterday but finished at 600 but then went a bit higher to 800 cals I caved in a bit later in the evening.

Hedgehog..
    I will see Nat next week hopefully, sheā€™s flying this week.
    So sad for my sister itā€™s no life locked up all the time.. hoping to take her to the cafe next door to the home but I will have to ask and then I hope she goes back in.!!!
    Obiā€™s owner doesnā€™t sound very good on her feet..

Dave..
    Hope your game goes well today, I shall possibly play Saturday and then Tuesday.

Jean x

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you Xxxx

What beautiful weather … June is so very pretty . Lots todo in the garden.. A full time job with my friend s plot to tend as well . I don’t mind but very time consuming… always glad to see them back lol.. ( Next Tuesday )

Just had a cuppa soup and cheese & crispbreads .. not feeling so hungry this weather.

Dave Enjoy the bowling lovely weather for it.

H H …I reckon skipping breakfast does help a lot .. For years I have only had coffee….at Xmas I got into eating toast and fruit with Kristy .. found it hard to lose weight.. Not eating till lunchtime I think really helps ..

Sym… I expect you are in holiday mode now .. maybe just relax and enjoy it.

Bronwyn.. How is it going for you today..

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone.. People can motivate you to begin, but it is
    the self-motivation that takes you to the end. Xxxx

Hemmyā€¦
    Everything is growing so fast you will have so much to doā€¦ I have a couple of bushes which really need trimming they have truly taken off maybe after holidays.. they tend to scratch you a lot.
    Itā€™s not very hot here quite cold this morning, a bit of sun out now Charlie is sun bathing but itā€™s not that warm.
    I like soup in hot weather lots of people donā€™t.

Sat starting my new book finish it before hols.. my favourite local author I tend to keep her books. She writes about my area, villages which you know crop up in her story line, this one has started in 1853 at the momentā€¦

Jean x

Good afternoon everyone gorgeous weather here, sat in the sun for 3 hours. Can’t win at bowls to save my life. Going to change bowls and see if that works.

Another very sunny day here definitely shorts weather. Bowling again later, decided to change my woods today see if I can play better. Hard to keep low when I get up this early but I will try. Hope you all have a nice day.

Roasting here today 28Ā°C and I’ve got to give the bathroom a deep cleaning, steamer out going to be warm.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    An early walk before it gets too hotā€¦ at last the sun is here 24 degrees today maybe a touch hotter, blue skies. Daughter and family in Tenerife, so count down to me seeing her Saturday, I am getting excited to see them.

PĆ©tanque this morning only one game which our side won, so very hot, back for sausage sandwich at cafe. New owner normally cake and drinks only no food but she will continue the morning breakfast for us, which is nice.

Sat in the garden with a book and G & T.. just in at the moment, grass needs cutting, a job for later.

Dave.,
    Hope the change of woods help you win today, ours was very slow due to the hot weatherā€¦ you canā€™t win if it rains itā€™s so fastā€¦ hope your bathroom steam goes wellā€¦.

Bought some dog blankets from Asda really struggling on what I want, the quality and the size, lots are a very shiny material which I donā€™t like.. coming tomorrow pick up local.

I canā€™t see me fasting much this week the hot weather and holiday head on ā€¦see how I goā€¦ I will tryā€¦

Jean x

Hope the weather is ok in the canaries,supposed to be windy and wet. It came up on my phone take your wellies and rain coat if you’re going there. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž. Steamer out in the bathroom I’m even hotter now so sat in front of the fan.

Dave..
    No rain Dave itā€™s 25degrees.. a couple of days cloudy/sun still hot
    X

Afternoon everyone
    Lovely weather here today. Garden looking colourful but the soil is very dry and cracked and we have been watering some of the plants. The water butt has been empty for a while now.

Friday morning weigh in and I had lost another 1.5 lbs. I am getting used to not having breakfast and it is helping with the weight loss. It was hard at first but I am getting used to it. Had a day out to Buxton and Bakewell. Had scampi and chips for lunch and a glass of wine and an ice cream later. Still being goodšŸ™‚

Today has not been great. One of our dogs has an upset tummy. Won’t go into detail but it has involved some carpet cleaning. She is eating well and playing around so not poorly. I think she scavenged yedterday. We only have one carpeted room so she had to choose that one šŸ™ Then a two hour appointment at Specsavers. Floaters and flashing in my other eye! Luckily not as bad as before so will not be referred this time unless they worsen.

Unexpected visitors have arrived so will sign off. Enjoy this lovely weather.
    Regards Bronwyn

Well done Bronwyn, good loss. I love Bakewell & Buxton. We used to have a picnic by the river in Bakewell and I went to speedway in Buxton, it’s not there at the moment but may come back who knows. I’ll get weighed on Monday so fingers crossed. Big night tonight, champions league final. Feeling very nervous. Wish I didn’t but after watching them play for over 50 years I can’t help it.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A lazy afternoon reading a bit in the sun then under the brolly.. did I have 2 or 3 G&Ts they were nice any way.., I got the grass cut, I hate sitting if jobs have to be done.. the couple of bushes need trimming but they are very scratchy so donā€™t want that all over my arms for holidays.

I am not sure what to eat I am not really bothered at the momentā€¦ walked Charlie he was nattering to go a bit hot really but a job done..

Bronwyn..
    Well done on the loss itā€™s nice when you can change around to suit.. no breakfast is suiting you.
    I love Bakewell the last winter break I had with Steve ā€¦ scampi and chips sounds about right, my sort of thing.
    Enjoy your visitorsā€¦

Dave..
    Good luck for weigh in Mondayā€¦ enjoy the match..

Jean x

Very happy City won.

Good afternoon,yet another hot sunny day. The rain never came so will make the most of the good weather. The weather forecast is on and it’s going to be a warm night tonight around 16Ā°C .Too hot to sleep.

Good afternoon,yet another hot sunny day. The rain never came so will make the most of the good weather. The weather forecast is on and it’s going to be a warm night tonight around 16Ā°C .Too hot to sleep.

Hard work Bowling it’s over 30Ā°CšŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…. Speedway tonight so no coat needed. Hope it doesn’t rain.

Evening everyone have been missing for a week due to coming down with a really nasty cold that’s going around my OH passed to me. The only good thing about it was I hardly had an appetite which resulted in a two pound weight loss which I’m hoping not to regain. At least this hot weather that we’re having is helping as I’m drinking lots of water but also ice cold pinot grigo šŸ˜‰
    Haven’t had a chance to catch up on the posts I’ve missed but hopefully everyone is alright.
    Back tomorrow.
    Nana

Morning All..
    All this weather is good if by the beach or have a swimming pool.. a bit too hot for at home every day.

Meeting Oreo this morning a good run before the heats up..

As I have just told my grand daughter 4 sleeps before I see them all.. meeting them at the airport to go to Majorcaā€¦ if all goes wellā€¦. they are in Tenerife at the moment.

FD went well yesterday see if I can squeeze one more in on Thursdayā€¦

Nana..
    Hope you are feeling much better I hate the summer colds..
    Take it steady have another wineā€¦.

Dave..
    Lots of floods near you hope all is wellā€¦No Petanque for me too hot.. itā€™s a sun trap at the best of times.. hope speedway went wellā€¦

Jean x

Good morning, speedway was a close call but we won, it started late because of the open top bus for City celebrating the treble. And the heavens opened on them but was ok where I live 4 miles away from the city centre.A good eating day yesterday under 600 calories.

Afternoon everyone
    Very warm here. Fourth day I think. Our garden and patio are south facing and it gets very warm indoors on days like this. I have the blinds and curtains closed to keep it cool. Catching up watching tv recordings. Too hot for cooking or housework. Wish I was at the coast paddling.

Still not having breakfast. Most days it doesn’t bother me but the smell of fresh coffee does tempts me. Seems easier to not overeat when it’s warm. DH is away watching cricket for the third day. I usually overeat when I’m alone but so far so good. Friday is weigh in so hoping for another loss as I have been good since the last one. Two more days to go though.

Dave, I was glad City won šŸ™‚ How is Chloe in this weather? My two are flat out on the laminate floor. Walked them first thing and they have not moved much since šŸ¶šŸ¶
    Regards Bronwyn

Viewing 50 posts - 34,101 through 34,150 (of 36,089 total)

You must be logged in to reply.