Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,931 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,051 through 25,100 (of 35,418 total)

• Talking of plates, I struggled to find a small size dinner plate..in the end the best I found was at Asda Home I think ยฃ2 each, plain white…..just what I wanted..

X

Watching a program on C4, about Cadbury chocolate,๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹. could very well open the big bar.

You are sounding empowered and focused Dave. We will be right behind you. Letโ€™s get that 2 stone OFF!

Was thinking of fasting tomorrow, but son has come home & bought me lots of food, some of it won’t keep! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Silly youngest son has been out today…& changed his car! He’s got himself a dirty great Audi, it’s crazy that an 18 year old can turn up & get lent so much money like that, he has a good job, but! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Morning all!
    Dave- you were quiet yesterday evening; were you busy munching on chocolate?!
    Kay- are you done now with work? Hope you enjoy the break!
    Jean- thanks for the recipe, will email you back…having trouble with sending emails at the moment. Hope you had a nice lunch with your daughter! Is your visitor well enough to come for Christmas?
    Minols- nearly the busiest day for you! Will you get much of a break afterwards?
    Typhoo- was it your daughter’s birthday today? If so hope she likes her presents & you have a good time together!
    Mel- did you fight off the cold?
    Nana- sorry, page has turned so can’t remember what you’re up to today, have a good day!
    Endellion, Annabelle, Cakey- hope you’re all okay!
    Have decided on a compromise of fasting through the day & will eat tonight! In the spirit of reflection, I need to get more of a grip on the nonFDs, eating way too much, especially at the moment! That, & getting back to exercise will be my New Years resolutions!
    Have a good day everyone…a busy one for me as my list of things to get done the next couple of days is getting longer, plus Mum has been down again so need to find time to pop in to her…

HH the chocolate bar is still intact, and so is the Ferrero Rocher,,(amazingly).I had a few sweets but didn’t go overboard.Going to buy the turkey soon,hope they have some left.It’s absolutely pouring down here, just for a change. It’s my daughter’s birthday on Sunday,not good planning both children’s birthdays in December ๐Ÿ˜.

Morning All…
    Dry here..a good park walk lots of dogs to play with….very very muddy after the weekend 5k

Going to get table things together, for Xmas day, I seem to have lost my napkins….

Hedgehog..
    My visitor is arriving about 1.30..he says he feels good…..I am going to do a curry tonight with starters, so get that moving this morning so I can finish off as rice is cooking… as I never cook on Christmas Eve, just easy stuff.
    Sorry your Mum is feeling low it does hit you….are you OK?…oh another car for your son, I suppose itโ€™s too tempting….

Dave..
    Good luck on the turkey it looks manic near the shopping areas..๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Everyone is busy, hope you are getting it together and organised….

Jean x

Got a turkey,it serves 8-10 so Heidi will be very happy.She has the legs wings and thighs, absolutely packed out Sainsbury’s,got on the car park easily though.We used our nectar points so it all came to 66 pence in the end๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.Managed a walk without getting wet, will try again later for another dry walk.

Afternoon all

It’s another wet day here but i don’t care as I have no intention on going anywhere today ๐Ÿ˜†

Jean

I bought myself a smaller plate for the same reason but need a good size plate for my Christmas dinner so I can get lots of vegetables on. Love my sprouts and cauliflower.

No more fasting for me until the new year I’ve already managed to eat the pringles in my cupboard

I must have a look for a small plate,took Heidi out again and stayed dry,but it’s very windy. Will do a bit of Googling now for the plate. Think the choccy bar will be opened tonight.

Enjoyed my day off today, just pottering around, tidying a bit, looking at recipes. Going to make some truffles in a bit!
    Jean, thanks for the recipes!

Dave, cant believe the choccie is still intact!!!

Hi everyone!
    Long time no talk. Been busy as ever and not fasting the past few weeks, just trying to enjoy sensibly. A few indulgent days but also plenty of choosing to eat less, which I suppose is positive!
    My coming home to my parents for Christmas is now me coming home for good, as my boyfriend broke up with me two days ago… so itโ€™s been quite the rollercoaster and Iโ€™ve had to pack up and move out since we lived together.
    This morning I weighed myself for the first time in 8 weeks (and after my friendโ€™s annual Christmas cake party last night including plenty of mulled wine and prosecco) and Iโ€™ve gone from 65.2kg to 62.8kg, so Iโ€™m happy about that. BMI is now 20.7 and I think Iโ€™d like to reach about 61/60kg by the summer, although Iโ€™m in no rush.
    Ironically my โ€œweight lossโ€ was one of the reasons he cited for his decision. Which I canโ€™t decide if that makes him a horrible person or just someone clutching at straws…
    Anyhow, Iโ€™m excited for Christmas regardless, and hope you all are too! Iโ€™ve been putting Baileys in my coffees for about two weeks now, haha! X

Just ordered a small plate from Amazon,it’s coming tomorrow.Will start using it next year.

Endellion, sorry to hear your news! What an upheaval for you ๐Ÿ˜•

Dave, you already sorted your smaller portion plate out for new year! Forget about it for now ๐Ÿ˜

HH, hope your mum is feeling a better. Not the easiest time of year.

My mum is a bit down too. My sister visited her at the weekend, and by the sounds of it, it was a very strained visit and my sister said some hurtful things. Her parting comment was well it was nice to see you even though we dont get on ๐Ÿ˜ก
    Im now convinced she is feeding stories to the rest of the family and they are believing it and are all pally together with my mum and I on the outside.
    She is saying she had an awful childhood and my mum has never been there for her. All rubbish but I can see how she has manipulated the family.
    Its horrible and I really dont understand whats really happening and why.
    My mum is 89 but is independent and very young in her outlook. They forget that she is the age she is and dont make any allowances for the fact that she is a little forgetful and quite set in her ways after living on her own for years and years.
    Grrr….families!

Neil is due home about 8 this evening, then we have 2 days off together.
    Im going to wander off to the pub for an hour on a bit and see whos out. Its nice early in the evening as there a few who only go for an hour early on and its nice and quiet. Sometimes there is a doggie to make a fuss of ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just need to finish off the truffles first..and do a taste test!!

Evening!
    Endellion- so sorry about your news, what a rotter! Can’t imagine a few kilos weight loss would harm a relationship…but well done on it! Hope you have plenty of Baileys to drown your sorrows ๐Ÿน
    Jean- mmm curry, very nice!
    Kay- hope those truffles are good! Shame about your family, horrible, especially at Christmas ๐Ÿ˜ž Hope you have a nice drink at the pub.
    Dave- queuing for miles round here at shops, glad that we didn’t have to go far! Good job getting the turkey!
    Typhoo- pringles gone, oh no! You can have my sprouts ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Managed to fast until dinner time but was getting seriously hangry! Son brought home an amazing bit of carrot cake someone at work had made, resisted that until after dinner! Took Mum out for a walk as it’s been lovely & sunny, she was more cheerful today thankfully. Got quite a bit done, but lots left for tomorrow…

Presents are all wrapped up just glad I don’t have to do that again but managed to not get tangled up in sellotape and paper.

Endellion

Sorry to hear your news its a terrible time to end a relationship but it’s his loss not yours and congratulations on the weight loss

Evening All..
    A lovely walk caught up with Oreo ( Dalmatian) ended doing 4 circles of the park instead of the usual 2..well worth it with the play between them…

Curry went really well with starters too..not really keen on cooking for people not really that confident these days…but just finished the bottle of wine off….even Charlie had a bit on the side from us he liked it too ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Dave..
    Glad the turkey is bought and Heidi has her bit too…

Steve…
    The small plate is a good idea you soon get used to it…..it will be a larger one for us on Xmas day ๐Ÿ˜‚

Kay..
    Enjoy your day off till Boxing Day…you are trying the truffles is it my recipe?…hope itโ€™s a hit ๐Ÿ˜‚ maybe I should of made them ๐Ÿ˜‚ ..Still a lot of trauma at your Mums, you would think they would take her age in to consideration.. families are just a pain they never seem to improve…..we will maybe go to pub tomorrowโ€™s lunch just to break the day..enjoy your evening out…

Endellion..
    What a prat at Christmas…you deserve better….your BMI sounds really good, I am 23.4 well done at getting down to your weight..enjoy being at home the best place while you think it through….just enjoy yourself and put it behind you …itโ€™s his loss…..

Hedgehog..
    Christmas Eve is always busy I have quite a lot to do too….Sweet Sue to do, ham to cook and veg to prepare ..I too love carrot cake…pleased your mum feels better today it seems to be hit and miss….

Minols..
    How are you doing..all under control….enjoy your time…..

Jean x

Hello

Happy Christmas Eve Eve

Loving the self disclosure. I started four years ago at 12:9 and in about 8 months dropped 3 stone. Lowest was 9:6. Gradually since then itโ€™s all crept back and been hovering around 12:9 for about 18 months. Canโ€™t get my fasting rhythm head back on.

Endellion sorry about your breakup. This is always a safe place to share. Was just reflecting on what a supportive and friendly thread this has always been. No conflict within the group ever.

Same to you Kay about your family discord. Itโ€™s such a shame. My MiL has just turned 90, I feel so guilty that my sister in law does so much. I do her grocery shopping and we do her garden and help with the housework but hard when working full time and have my own parents who need a bit more help too. SiL is retired but I know itโ€™s still heavy for her.

Well the dogs been bathed and groomed ready for Santa, shopping and wrapping all done. Just waiting for the youngest to arrive home, eldest away with bf but home on Sunday for NewYear.

Made pavlova yesterday to take to friends as a dessert. First attempt and it seemed to go down well. It could be my new thing. Also made a chocolate tiffin that looked like a Christmas pud which was fun.

Smaller plate wouldnโ€™t help me unfortunately as itโ€™s not the portion size itโ€™s the snacking and chocolate.

Lovely carol service on Sunday. Our church joined up with another and it makes so much sense. Lovely to hear the church full, congregation not big enough for two churches these days. Sang all my favourites – whatโ€™s everyone elseโ€™s favourite?

Have lovely family days ahead – will check in again post turkey.

Cakey..
    We must support you and get that head in order for the New Year…We have lost it all..put it all back on…and lost it all again…so it is possible ๐Ÿ˜€

Sat here in definitely a Christmas mode chocolates in all directions..our visitor has gone to bed, as we said to him..just do what he wants too no problem…he isnโ€™t well….

Love the sound of the tiffin Christmas pud…daughter has made tiffin in America they havenโ€™t seen it before in Texas ..her eldest loves it…

Itโ€™s very difficult to help like you would like on MIL, you work going across the country and always so busy, you do what you can were possible.

I will have three egg whites left after making my chocolate pud, I shall make a pavlova for the new year..instead of wasting them….

Lots of favourite Christmas songs..they all make us emotional and tearful, me and Steve heโ€™s shocking..is it our age?..we didnโ€™t make the Christmas service tonight the timing was just wrong….we lost both sets of parents at Christmas even after all this time it still catches you….

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Sorry not to be on here lately but as it is for all of you I guess it’s been really busy the last couple of days.
    Endellion sorry to hear your news don’t let it ruin your Christmas he’s not worth it.
    Kay your local sounds just like ours – sadly it’ll be shut for the whole of the January. Can never understand why family members act the way they do. Enjoy your time off with the other half.
    Hedgehogs glad your mum is a bit happier.
    Jean glad the curry was good – we’re having one tomorrow evening as it’s our Christmas Eve tradition to eat one and watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
    Dave enjoy that chocolate bar.
    Initially I first started 5:2 in 2016 with a starting weight of 15st 10Ibs in 2015 and managed to lose 2st 7ibs and then sadly my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and passed away so I stopped doing the 5:2 way of life and gained 7Ibs. Messed around dieting half heartedly until earlier this year and managed to lose those 7Ibs on my own then I discovered this lovely forum and since joining have managed to lose another 4ibs so now weigh 12st 13Ibs and would like to lose another 2st next year.
    Will be super busy over next three days so would like to wish all of you a Happy Christmas๐ŸŽ„
    Nana xxx

Join the two stone club Nana,with Steve and I.Lets see who can be the first too lose 2 stone ๐Ÿ˜. Chocolate bar opened,had around a third๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ.

Morning all!
    Lol, the way I’ve been eating on nonFDs I’ll be joining to 2 stone club!
    Lots to do today, like everyone else! Was quite relaxed about cooking the dinner just for us & Mum, but we’ve invited a neighbour who would be on her own otherwise, so feel a bit more pressure ๐Ÿ˜‚. Mince pies for breakfast today, very festive!
    Have a good day everyone!

Quick post to wish everyone a happy Christmas! Break ups and family traumas notwithstanding.
    Managed to get down to Kent yesterday although Paul still very rough. I just have the bad cough so not too bad but a rough night. Too much red wine and nuts consumed yesterday eve. Six of us off for a walk soon so Jodie will be very happy. Out for a meal tonight then I will cook tomorrow. Only four of us so not too arduous. Is it just me or is turkey really expensive? Waitrose had a boxed Heston Bluementhall one, admittedly quite big but it was ยฃ65! Needless to say didnโ€™t get that one.
    Anyway, everyone enjoy Christmas. See you on the other side.

Good morning FB’s.A little last minute shopping to do then take it easy, take Heidi out a couple of times and then watch telly and guzzle food. Not so much chocolate today but will have some beer, very rare I drink in the house but today and New year’s Eve I will partake. Hope everyone is well or getting better if not, my friend on the quitters reunion (stop smoking forum) is bad, got that virus that’s going round, hope it stays away from me.

Hi Everyone
    Lovely to catch up on everyone’s news before the big day…blowing fat raspberries at you ex, Endellion – along with everyone else!
    Enjoyed a slightly crazy nativity service on Sunday – too long to explain why, but our story started with the earth (FAB costume made by one of the new mums), and Adam and Eve. I’d warned everyone that if they chose that part of the story to come dressed for…then they really must come dressed! We had some very ‘enlightening’ costumes – especially from 2 who arrived in dressing gowns so I thought they were shepherds! Google adam and eve onesie if you want to know the rest!

So far no letters of complaint – phew!

I’ve jsut been tidying up and getting eveyrthing ready for watchnight this morning – after one final funeral for the year…definitely having a nap later. This old girl can’t take the pace of being on her feet after midnight anymore! I left the male types to entertain themselves today…not sure what I’ll walk in to at the end of the day!

No turkey for us – just roast chicken and essentially a basic roast dinner – easy! And none of us is particularly into Christmas cake etc, and as a friend sent a sponge through the post the other day as a thank you gift (yes, you really can send sponge!), we’ll maybe start on that. Tried to keep extra food to a minimum (crisps – yum) because there’s only 3 of us, and I will need to get back on to the wagon soon!!!

Hope that even if we don’t manage to behave, our families do (!), and we all get through to the other side without too much work to do in the new year!

Mx

Afternoon All…
    Everything is ok here..a lovely walk on my own with the boy this morning…veg all prepared and my choc pud made for me on Christmas Day..the guys are having traditional Christmas pud….I was so good instead of a 6 portion I made a 4 hoping I donโ€™t regret it ๐Ÿ˜‚..we have definitely been getting through chocolates and pies, I shall have the two days and call it a draw then…

Hedgehog…
    Mince pies for breakfast thatโ€™s a new one ๐Ÿ˜‚..glad the meal went well…

Mel..
    Glad you was able to travel hoping Paul picks up…nothing worse as being ill at Christmas..enjoy yourselves…turkey was a bit pricey we have gone for beef this year, a small crown in the freezer for new year or when ever…

Dave..
    We may go out to the pub tonight, sounds like a bit of pool maybe ๐Ÿ˜ฌthatโ€™s not for me…

Minols..
    A quiet Christmas for you, are you not going south this year or is it too much…enjoy your sponge cake..

Kay..
    How was your truffles? Enjoy your couple of days off….

Cakey, Nana, Steve, Annabelle, Endellion, ….DF hoping you join us again in the new year

Merry Christmas to everyone, have a lovely time…

Jean x

No pub for me,don’t like going out Christmas or New year’s Eve,you get the people who only drink once or twice a year and can’t handle it, which usually turns to trouble.Thats why it’s the only time I drink in the house. Heidi’s just had her fix in the churchyard๐ŸŒ€๐ŸŒ€๐ŸŒ€.Denise has got Christmas 24 TV channel on๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ.Do people know what a zebra crossing is, I am beginning to wonder, I got halfway across the road and a silly woman in a big car nearly ran over my toes,had to pull Heidi back quickly.

Good afternoon all

Having a very lazy day watching Christmas films but as it’s officially Christmas now why not.

I might open the quality street this evening and at this rate It’s going to be three stone i need to lose lol.

Merry Christmas everyone enjoy the festivities and good food

A short break before I get back to work, nearly done now!
    Minols- sounds very quiet & restrained in your house, maybe you need it after the mad nativity! Hopefully not too much damage done!
    Dave- I think driving in general has gone downhill, there’s some crazy drivers about, the woman was probably rushing about, glad your toes & Heidi still intact!
    Jean- very organised! Enjoy the pub tonight!
    Kay- you aswell if you go! Hope you & Neil enjoy your day off…
    Mel- hope Paul soon feels better, & you don’t get any worse…turkey does seem expensive, my lot don’t like it that much so chicken for them (2 actually, to make sure there’s enough for leftovers!). Hope you cooking dinner goes smoothly- I used to find plenty of ๐Ÿท helped!
    Typhoo- enjoy being lazy & the chocolates…Hubby has opened our Cekebrations & Roses, have felt one of our presents, that’s Quality Street, might be joining you in the 3 stone club ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Endellion- have a good time with your parents…
    Nana- hope Poppy is good, enjoy seeing all your family!
    Cakey- hope you got everything done! & can maybe have a bit of a break over Christmas, but probably not!

Evening All…
    A quick meal egg and chips from chippy delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

Our pub I think will be quiet everyone doing Santa things…I may be wrong…I love to see all different movement up and down the street moving bikes etc…not many children now…

Dave..
    Your poor toes could of been a big ouch..glad you are both ok…

Steve..
    Our Quality Street is well down with other stuff too a big ouch into the calories…itโ€™s CCChristmassssss ๐Ÿ˜€

Hedgehog..
    Hope your jobs are done and you are relaxing…

Charlie has more presents than us…he is hoping Santa Dog arrives as he has been a very good boy ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜‡๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ

Jean x

Jean just chilling with a glass of Baileys – will definitely be joining everyone in the New Year.
    Nana x

Cheers to you Nana! I am sort of enjoying a nonalcoholic fruit punch, will save my special alcohol free sparkly for tomorrow, hubby is on the Prosecco!
    Jean- thanks, my jobs are finally done! Relaxing now; we’re having nibbly things tonight so no cooking ๐Ÿ‘ Just wrapped presents for Xena- she hasn’t got much, she’s not really bothered with toys except for plastic bottles & her ball! So she has one cuddly toy, a chew & a packet of expensive biscuits!
    Have a good evening everyone ๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿซ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…

Nana..
    My bottle of Baileys is not open yet…may join you later…cheers..

Hedgehog…
    I like this no cooking day..we should have more ๐Ÿ˜‚..Charlie has two rubber pull type toys, a grey jumper from us and tin of biscuits from Auntie Lou, which he has already opened…another bottle bag filled from our friends at Leeds no idea on those yet…

The men and Charlie are sleeping…I am feeling tired too…not really bothered on going out….

Jean x

Truffles were lovely! Only a few left, but I only did half the recipe.
    Also made your dessert Jean, again halved it!

Not sure if we will go to the pub or not. I feel quite tired and it feels like too much effort!!

Neil is cooking us sausages and mash ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Although we have been nibbling on snacks all afternoon!

Having a buffet tonight and a couple of bottles of beer. Egg and chips from a chipy never seen that before,non do eggs round here. I never fall asleep downstairs,never done it at all, I suppose there is time for it to happen ๐Ÿ’ค.I hope everyone is having a good time.

Kay..
    Pleased the truffles turned out well..I really like them….hoping the pud is good…I did a 2 thirds…(two egg) which does 4 people…we made the pub so busy and noisy nice as itโ€™s a new landlord…

Dave..
    We bought the chips I made the eggs ๐Ÿ˜‚…I never fall asleep only in bed!

Jean x

I can fall asleep on the settee any time ๐Ÿ˜‚

Merry Christmas to you all, have a lovely day! ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„

Merry Christmas everyone๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…hope you all have a great day.And santa brings you something nice.

Merry Christmas everyone have a great day ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Merry Christmas everyone have a great day….

A lovely park walk very mild and dry….Santa dog called last night with some presents…one already destroyed another on its way, a few more yet he is working through them..he is being restrained the biscuits still unopened!

Jean and Steve x

I took Heidi out,it’s like a ghost town.Just a lot of magpies ๐Ÿ˜. Turkey is cooking so Heidi won’t eat her normal food.

Christmas dinner eaten just waiting for it to go down so i can eat the viennetta

I have more smarties ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜no food until tonight.Will take Heidi out again and let her pick the route.

Our dinner turned out lovely…a Charlie river walk and just had my choc pud….absolutely delicious one of the best dinners we have had…Charlie had two dinners so no dinner for him tonight…

So very full just finishing of the bottle of wine and maybe a snooze for us all…

Hope everyone is having a good day…

Steve..
    Hope you are ok and dinner was good, donโ€™t like to think of anyone on their own…enjoy your Viennetta ice cream..

Dave..
    Enjoy your smarties I couldnโ€™t eat anything ..

Jean x

I am hungry now, probably have Christmas dinner at 6pm.Took Heidi out and she chose a different walk,met a couple of dogs on our walk.She has not eaten her dog food because she knows there is something better on offer ๐Ÿ˜.

Jean
    Thank you dinner was very nice and the viennetta has all gone my excuse is how long would half last in the freezer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Sitting down to watch home alone 2 and wondering if I have room for some chocolate or more likely I may need to wait an hour or so

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and not feeling ready to explode yet

Still waiting to have mine๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

All going well here…just pushed a few chocolates down…you just have too donโ€™t you…Charlie boy is totally shattered a very busy day he has some snoozing to snatch up on..๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค

X

Viewing 50 posts - 25,051 through 25,100 (of 35,418 total)

You must be logged in to reply.