Fast Diet and Quetiapine

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MurasakiPurple 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there,

I take Quetiapine as I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, and despite trying everything to lose weight (reducing calories and daily exercise), nothing has worked. My doctor has said there is evidence to suggest Quetiapine can affect metabolism and may cause you to store more fat, but has suggested this diet as he read it even helped some people with Metabolic Syndrome to lose weight. I’m just curious to know if there is anyone else on Quetiapine or other Bipolar medication that has had success losing weight on this diet. I did my first fast day yesterday, and other than a bit of sleep disturbance last night, I didn’t feel hungry, so the thought that I only have to do this 2 days a week to lose weight sounds great!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

I don’t share your experience but do know that medications for bipolar disorder and depression do seem to cause major weight gain and often without seeming to eat more. I really hope this works for you — good for you for making the effort!

Hello! This might too late. Lol. So I was on 500 mg of quetiapine a day, to treat my bipolar depression. I gained 18 kg in less than half a year because of it. Then I started intermittent fasting 20:4, and I lost 10 kg in the first 2 months. My meds was reduce to 300 mg and now I’m on 200 mg, and hopefully with the lowest dosage next year! It’s all thanks to intermittent fasting that I could maintain my mental condition, no more depression and manic for the past 6 months. I only feel lethargic whenever I don’t do fasting and whenever I had too much sugar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.