Fast Days: no impact?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ShariB01 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Everything I’ve read suggests that I should lose a couple of pounds after a fast day. However, after the first week (when my body seemed to be reacting “normally” to fasting), I find that I’m only losing 1/4 lb after a fast day.

This doesn’t make any sense to me. Obviously most (or even all) of the weight will go back on when I eat normally – I’m not talking about the weekly weight loss (which I know will be v slow). What’s puzzling me is how there be virtually no change after 24 hours of fasting? Surely the fact that I’ve got less food in my stomach than normal should make more of a difference than it does? I’m weighing all of my food and counting calories religiously so am definitely not going over the allowance. Has anyone else had a similar experience or is it just me?

I personally don’t notice any weight changes after fast day. Like you its only about a 1/2 a pound if that. It usually comes back after feast day. But my main changes are in general health and well being and inches being lost. I would say, measure your body instead, I find that to be a better way of tracking the changes in my body. Hips, waist, bust, arms and legs. By doing this I feel that I am happier with my fat loss and I’m not disappointed by the number on the scales. I have also noticed that I am building muscle which will mean I’m actually gaining weight and not losing it which is why I opt for weekly weigh ins and body measurements. My weight isn’t dropping as quickly as I would like but there are definite changes in my body so far.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.