Exercise with 2 collapsed discs in neck and shoulder impingement

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Site stuff Announcements
Exercise with 2 collapsed discs in neck and shoulder impingement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  In it to thin it 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve been successfully fasting since October 2016 but would like to start toning up. The trouble is I have 2 collapsed discs in my neck and shoulder impingement. Could anyone recommend any toning exercises which would not affect my neck. Many thanks

Hi Ali, I sympathize with your condition. I had a fall skiing last spring and herniated 3 lumbar discs. I find the best way to exercise is in short doses. I like walking or stationary cycling best, but can also tolerate deep water jogging and aquafit class, if there isn’t too much jumping around. Being in the water, about 75% of the body weight is supported by the water so I am able to exercise a bit longer than while on dry land. I find I cannot tolerate any exercise that increases compressive forces so most training with weights is out. I can tolerate using a Theraband to do some resistance training.
    I had always been very athletic and active before my fall and really miss being able to push myself physically.
    When I have overdone it and pain flares I get a lot of relief from using an inversion table and from cold laser therapy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.