Eating very little fat on fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Eating very little fat on fast days

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I usually eat vegetables, a little fruit and potatoes on my fast days. Eating in this way you get to eat lots of food which is nice, but it contains very little fat.

Could the absence of fat be a problem or can I continue with it?

As long as you feel satisfied, I wouldn’t worry about getting enough fat on fasting days, but I do like to make sure I get a decent amount of protein. I think that might be difficult on potatoes, vegetables, and fruit only. I am mostly vegetarian but frequently eat eggs or fish on fast days to make sure I get enough protein, which the body doesn’t store and which it needs for repair. Other high-protein possibilities are tofu, low-fat cheeses (the calorie count can be high because of fat, but low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta can be good for breakfast) or pulses (but the calorie count can be high there because of starch — one really good recipe for pulses that does work is the curried lentils in the FastDiet cook book). I like to eat low-fat cheese or yogurt and fruit for breakfast and fish (baked in foil with lemon juice and herbs), eggs (in, say, a frittata), tofu (in miso soup), and lots of vegetables for dinner on fast days, and mostly skip starches like potatoes, rice, and pasta. Every once in a while I just don’t feel satisfied without a bit of starch and then I eat about one and a half ounces of the rice or potatoes my son is having. This might not work for everyone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.