dry mouth

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Who Knows 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I began 5:2 in January and within days of starting, I have had various mouth/throat problems
    I am getting an incredibly dry mouth – so much so sometimes that it feels like my tongue is sticking

I am NOT dehydrated, and indeed even after drinking my mouth feels just as dry

I am a woman of ‘that’ age – and have read that women of my age can experience this

but I just wondered if anyone else had found this, and if anything helped (apart from getting meds from the gp)

many thanks

Hi keep, I have not experienced this but I wonder if sucking on a mint or chewing gum would help?

thanks for the suggestions
    that helps during the day
    but I cant do that when I am asleep, and it wakes me up
    its horrible

Wakes you while you sleep? Wow, sorry to hear that. Maybe call your GP and see if she/he has any suggestions.

I think I will have to
    it is 3:40am and it has woken me again, with my mouth all stuck up
    am sucking a sugar free sweet which is helping a lot – just have to stay awake for a bit

surely I cant be the only person on this whole forum who suffers with this!!

I get that but if a make a conscious effort to sleep with my mouth shut I’m usually OK.

Try mouthwashes which are specially made to treat dry mouth and if it doesn’t help you should visit a dentist.

Hi,

New here, just made an account after seeing this post about dry mouth. I recently finished a short water fast so a little different to what many discuss here but since finishing the fast I have had a severely dry mouth. It is causing me real problems and waking me up all night.

Did you ever manage to find out what was causing your dry mouth or find a way to sort it out?

I hope you get to see this as a dry mouth may sound trivial but it is causing me a lot of stress.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.