Do People Usually Get Fat at a Constant Rate?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Do People Usually Get Fat at a Constant Rate?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dumpling 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Now that I’ve lost weight again to be back at normal body weight at 170 pounds (77.1 kg) or so, after starting this year at age 60, I’m wondering if my previous weight gain would have taken place at a constant rate, at an accelerating rate, or at a decelerating rate?

The reason that this is important is because if it was weight gain at a fairly constant rate, it would mean that I just need to cut calories by 1185/week to avoid regaining weight. (about 0.34 pounds worth), which would be probably easily handled by 1-36 hr fast, or 2-24 hour fasts.

My last weight gain, took 1,720 days or 4.7 years to gain 83 lbs (37.6 kg), at a calculated rate of 17.6 pounds (8.0 kg) per year, which is pretty scary. That works out to an excess of 169.4 calories per day, or 1185.5 calories per week.

I calculated my weight gain over the last 4.7 years as 83 pounds (37.6 kg) gained, going from 154 pounds (70.9 kg) to 237 pounds (107.5 kg). I had originally lost 99 pounds (44.9 kg) in 2010/2011 going from 253 bs (114.8 kg) to 154 pounds (69.9 kg). I guess I got over confident and regained 83 pounds (37.6kg). I have no idea how long it took me to reach my original fat state, but I was below normal weight most of the time when I was a teenager.

I have a strong feeling that my heavy consumption of diet soda somehow messed with my metabolism and caused me to consume an extra 169 calories per day, every day, day in – day out to make me fat. Since I’ve now stopped that, and started regular fasting, my goal is to just avoid weight gain.

How’s it going ? Still maintaining ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.