Did my first full 24-hour fast yesterday

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fatgirlslim4life 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everyone,

I wanted to pass along the news to everyone that I did my first full 24-hr no-calorie fast yesterday. I fasted from 6 p.m. Monday night to 6 p.m. last night (with only plain water, black and green tea with nothing added, and water with cucumbers and a lemon slice and mint leaves in the interim).

I thought I might not be able to do it, but in classic “mind over matter,” or in this case, tummy, I DID IT! Everyone who says that it is actually easier than eating throughout the day or a small breakfast or lunch was right. You just drink plenty of 0-cal drinks and get on with your day.

I had a lovely 500-cal dinner last night and felt great.

Tomorrow is my second fast day of the week (9th total) and I hope to go 24 hours again. I think you get the most bang for your buck that way. At least, I hope so.

Anyway, just putting this out there.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Melinda

well done! it feels like such win when you achieve what you set out to do, (i can even see you punching the air as your scored) good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes. xx

Brilliant! Sometimes it is hard, but mostly, as you say, it’s easier than you think. And the benefits are well worth it.

Well done Melinda, I do find mind over matter helps without a doubt, and I also think the thought is always worse than the “deed” so to speak. My first fast day yesterday and I had just one meal of 500 calls rather than splitting into two, I’ve never been a breakfast person anyway so didn’t bother me and I really enjoyed it lol. Well done
    Marie

Hi Melinda,

I will be interested to find out how your figures go this week. I don’t think that I would be able to do that as I love breakfast, but it might come in handy as a once off here and there if/when I plateau. You must have a really strong mind, as well as some other people on the site that also carry out this routine on a regular basis. Fantastic effort and best of luck with your weigh in this week. I hope you do really well. Jenn

Thanks, FFL, Toms, Jenn, and Marie. I would like to report that I have now successfully completed two 24-hour total (no calorie) fasts, 36 hours total (I have eaten a 500-cal dinner both nights and then ate a normal breakfast the following morning). I lost 2 pounds this past week! I am so happy.

And, I can honestly, honestly say that it wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be. In fact, I do think it was somewhat easier than trying to divide meals and calories up. I just had it in my mind I would go 24 hours, and then I got on with it.

This is all quite revolutionary for me. I never in my wildest imagination could have believed I could go 24 hours without eating anything. I used to be anxious whenever I had to go more than 4 or 5 hours without eating. This lifestyle is liberating because now I know I’m not going to pass out or die if I go a bit longer between meals. AND–it’s supposed to help our bodies repair and rebuild.

So, I’m beyond happy right now.

Hi Melinda,

Congratulation on your two 24 hour fasts and your loss of 2 pounds. It does feel liberating and empowering to be in control and make decision that you stick too. I fully get it. Great start. Jenn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.