Desperate help needed please

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Desperate help needed please

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Expat 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I am so pleased with the 3 stone I have lost so far. No diet had every worker for me and I love this way of eating. I think I will always do it for life just to feel good and maintain.. However .. I’m desperate. I need to lose another half a stone, could do with a stone but I’m not greedy. Since April I have not lost an ounce ! Haven put on either but I just cannot lose anything. Having been in it for a year I have played around I tried eating less and tried eating more tried back to back and tried 4:3 !!! Nothing !!! Please can anyone help ? Has anyone any tips ??? At moment I eat 1400 cal a day and then 350 calls on fast day but only as been doing it so long. I couldn’t possible eat 2000 anymore ! My bmi is 26 and I excercise between 2 -3 times a week. Just feel so deflated as I’m doing everything right , love the plan but can’t lose 🙁 would love some advise

Hi Tess:

What is your TDEE. And do you weigh/measure to count calories, or estimate your calorie intake?

Hi Tess1. How frustrating!

A few practical things if you aren’t already doing them. Are you accurately measuring your non fast day intake? Some things slip by and before we know it we have exceeded our TDEE. The exercise maybe needs changing up. Have you tried Fast Exercise? There’s info on this site and from what I have read in the book it boosts fat burning.

Also, are you losing centimetres/inches? That counts just as much as pounds/kilos.

Also consider where you are is your equilibrium weight. Would that be so bad?

Good luck.

Tdee is 1800 cals.
    I do count via fitness pal but like everyone else sure I’m not 100% as some things u just have to guess but I do weigh things out. I already do pilates, Zumba , hiit training , kettlecise and piyo so a little bit of everything. High intense training and Pilates and piyo ! I am not losing inches no I also measure this once a month literally nothing had budged !!! I do eat slim pasta and rice in fast days as its so low in cals maybe should not have any carbs ?
    I could currently according to guidelines be 1.5 stone lighter I weigh 10.6 stone and could be 9 stone for my height so yes I do really NEED to lose half stone. Really getting me down lots hard work and no results 🙁

Hi Tess:

Well, if you were ‘doing everything right’, you would be losing weight. I would guess your TDEE is wrong – probably less than your fitness pal is saying it is. Some of them even ‘correct’ for exercise, causing a person to ‘eat back’ their exercise calories and overeat as a result.

As you are neither gaining nor losing weight, your current diet has you eating to your TDEE (whatever that number is). Try eating less for a month or so and see if that works. If you eat less than your TDEE, you have to lose weight.

Good Luck!

I already eat less then tdee and have been since jan as advised above and I am doing everything as per 5:2 website not fitness pal that’s how lost 3 stone and I’m not losing anymore that’s why asking for help !

Hi Tess:

I will try to put it another way.

Your TDEE is the number of calories your body needs to neither gain nor lose weight. It does not equate to what some calculator says – it is unique to you. The only way to lose weight is to eat less than your TDEE.

You state you are eating 1400 calories a day, with 350 on diet days. You state that you have neither gained nor lost weight. That means that you are eating to your TDEE and that your TDEE is not 1800, but around 1100 per day according to your numbers. That sounds a little low, but you also admit you may be eating more calories than you think because you are not really counting them all because you sometimes have to guess. I question the accuracy of the numbers you gave, but they are all I have to work with.

So to lose weight, you have to eat less than your TDEE, which you state is about 1100 per day.

So that is why I suggest that for you to lose weight, you have to eat less than you have been eating, regardless of what your fitness pal says about your TDEE or the number of calories you are consuming.

That is a hard pill to swallow, as I’m sure you feel you are not eating very much right now. But if you want to lose more weight, you will have to eat less, or be happy eating to your TDEE and maintaining your weight at its current level.

Good Luck!

Tess,

Can I suggest a simple method, click on the how it works link at the top of the page and calculare your TDEE using your goal weight and selecting sedentary in the exercise section. Follow 5:2 and count calories every day for two weeks. Try not to get into situations where you have to guess calorie content for these two weeks if at all possible, and see if that helps. If it doesn’t I suggest you make an appointment to see your GP to check there isn’t an underlying medical cause.

Good luck.

It sucks that TDEE goes down the more weight you lose – feels like the goalposts are moving farther away the closer you get!

Tess, are you measuring yourself too? I sometimes find I get stuck on the same weight for a while but the tape measure shows a quarter inch off here or a half inch off there. Might help keep you motivated? Just a thought.

Tess…cut down on carbs by sticking to natural carbs (fruits, etc) and avoiding processed carbs (pasta, white rice, bread, etc). It will definately make a difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.