Depression – anyone been helped or found it to deteriorate

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Depression – anyone been helped or found it to deteriorate

This topic contains -3 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Rol 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hi,

As my question above states I’m curious to know if anyone has found an improvement or worsening of depression (type that worsens at the beginning of the day).

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi,

When I started doing 5:2, 5.5 years ago, I’d just been made redundant so was pretty depressed – although obviously for a very tangible reason. With 5:2 I felt like I was at least controlling one aspect of my life so it helped me feel less depressed.

However, when my wife lost both her parents she found keeping up with doing 5:2 was too much for her and she didn’t feel that controlling that aspect of her life helped at all.

So whether it helps or not is probably very much down to the individual.

Taking positive steps on my own behalf has continued to improve my tendency to both depression and anxiety. But it has been a multi-pronged approach. Not burying my body under an avalanche of sugar was the start, and has likely caused the most significant change in my moods. But losing weight and feeling better has made me want to do more to take care of myself—putting on attractive clothes every day, getting a great haircut, new makeup, having my nails done…and that becomes more motivation to stick to the eating plan, and eat healthy food, and so I’ve lost more weight, and that opens more doors. Getting out and walking every day, sleeping better…etc. It doesn’t mean that every day is a blissful la-la land of positivity, but the trend seems to be generally upward. 🙂 The important thing is that you’re worth the effort and it’s worth it to have faith in yourself. Things can get better. 🙂

Hello
    I dont have depression but i have noticed my mood is going up and down now i am fasting.
    As well as tiredness day 1 &2 after fast day.
    Investigation this result more as i cannot live in this way.

It is possible to overcome from depression with the help of ayurvedic treatment

I am sure it could help.
    Although also check out Thubtenchodron.org (see section.. working with emotions)
    Mental health challenges take you on a journey, but keep exploring ways to find peace and your life will become richer for it. All the best 🙂

Due to depression it is possible that someone going through frustration so they should have to do ayurvedic treatment.

This is the way to treat

They said that medical cannabis is very effective when it comes to anxiety. At first I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. Like this strain https://blimburnseeds.com/cannabis/american-genetics/gelato-seeds This one is very effective when it comes to stress and mild anxiety. Let me hear your two cents with this.thanks

Thanks for the responses. I am hoping for a dietary approach to treat (maybe that won’t work!). I am wondering if the 800 kcal Mediterranean style diet will work?

That and additional sleep – not sure 6:30 hours is enoug!

Hi there, to be fair I changed my diet away from gluten before I started 5:2. Everyone told me I would lose what when I gave up gluten, but I didn’t actually. But what did happen is that my mood became way better. I don’t suffer from depression, but if I eat gluten I become very emotional, angry, very sad and unhappy. I had other strange symptoms too, predominantly chemical sensitivity. I have been very very fortunate that giving up gluten made all those things disappear. Then starting 5:2 in 2015 I lost a lot of weight and lots of my friends have done it too. I have let it creep back up over the last 6 months but I am back on track now. You could try not eating gluten products and see if it helps.

Thanks steady and well done for giving up the gluten. I’m presuming you eat gluten free bread now – just trying to ascertain if you’re also giving up processed foods? Great to hear something has helped and congratulations on doing well with 5:2. You’ll get back on it and like someone said to me the lovely thing about 5:2 is you can just add it back in when fallen off the wagon.

Julia I’m sorry you have suffered from the black dog. Personally I ear more (overeat) when very low (although I think more flat and apathetic) and always carbs, even what some would call healthy. I presume it’s my brain screaming for serotonin as I don’t crave my favourite foods like cheesecake! I am unsure for me, if something stimulating the appetite would help. When I was grieving I couldn’t eat anything so I think I must have a low grade depression at other times. Thank you for sharing and I’m so glad you’ve found something that helps too- I will investigate!

Totally agree with your experience here… A) In the process of fasting, what do you struggle the most? B) what about it attracted you for you decided to start reaching for goals? C) If there were a method mixing fasting, meditation and awareness, would you consider to try it?

I don’t suffer from depression, but if I eat gluten I become very emotional, angry, very sad and unhappy. I had other strange symptoms too, predominantly chemical sensitivity. I have been very very fortunate that giving up gluten made all those things disappear. https://www.myaarpmedicare.life/

It’s actually very dangerous to get addicted to alcohol, especially when you don’t know the measure. Some time ago, I started drinking a lot and it turned into a heavy addiction, and I could not cope with it on my own. Later, I started looking on the internet for ways to help myself and found residential rehab centre, where I got help and started living a normal life again. Good luck to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.