Courgette Spaghetti!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scribblefast 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,

I’m sure plenty of you will have given this a go already, but I just have to have a little rave about it!

I made courgette spaghetti for the first time last night – it was amazing!

It’s so simple to make, and really doesn’t require any fancy gadgets or machines, just a standard box grater.

Get a fairly long and fat courgette (zucchini). Lay the box grater down with the biggest holes facing upwards (needs to be a full long side with just these holes).
    Draw the courgette length-ways down the grater to produce long strands of spaghetti, and continue until you reach the seeds. Then turn the courgette over to the next side and continue the process.
    I left the skin on and it was lovely, but this would obviously be a personal preference.

I fried a garlic clove and some onions in a little olive oil, then tossed the courgette strands in this for a minute or two just to warm them through. I then added half a tin of chopped tomatoes and some meat-free meatballs (already pre-cooked in the microwave), and stirred it through.

It was absolutely delicious, really filling and satisfying. It created a big bowl of pasta, and the texture was just perfect.

Very low in calories, and you could use spray oil (or none at all) to reduce the calories further. Then you just chose your own sauce or meat/ non-meat additives.

I will definitely be doing this again. I love pasta, but I don’t have much of it these days as it swallows up lots of calories.
    Courgette Spaghetti is the way forward! Plus it’s an easy way to get another portion of vegetables into your diet.

I did this recently and it was surprisingly good! Rather than a box grater I used a speed peeler so I had a lovely plate of courgette ribbons… or fettuccine, if you like!

Speed peeler – I’ve never even heard them!

I do like fettuccine and other thicker pastas, so I may have to look into getting one of those.

The courgette pasta is rather good those isn’t it? It doesn’t actually feel like you are eating a bowl of grated courgette! It’s definitely going into my bank of easy tasty fast day foods!

any idea how many calories in your courgette spaghetti

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.