Confused with the 5:2 diet? Any 7day? Or strictly mon-su?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Confused with the 5:2 diet? Any 7day? Or strictly mon-su?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Okay so I was supposed to fast 36hours after a cheat day kinda day (friday) and I was forced into a family party(Saturday) where I was surrounded with people and food. In about the 26hour phase the started noticing I wasn’t eating that much so I tried pulling it off and I ate a little and then it turned into a binge. I fasted for 38hours after (Monday afternoon) and ate a 630calorie meal. The fast was supposed to be 48 hours. So do I fast another day? To make up for the 10hours? And fast again later this week for 24hours minimutm ?or leave it as is because I have another party this Saturday so I will eat more.

I was also wondering if I can just eat another snack about 200calories and fast another 36hours will this leave me maintaining weight instead of losing? What should I do?

Sorry, I’m fining it impossible to follow what you’re describing, so I’m not sure this will be the answer you are looking for.

You decide what the ‘7 day period’ is and if you need to tweak it because of a holiday or a glut of parties in one particular week or something then you just do a fastday as soon as you can (say day 8) and still try to do 2 fast days in the next week (so you’ll have done 3 fastdays all together in THAT 7 day period. Days 8, 10 and 12 say).

The fact that you keep referring to hours fasted makes me think that maybe you’re doing 8:16 rather than straight forward 5:2? But then you talk about ‘another snack about 200calories and fast another 36hours’ so I don’t know where that comes in if you ARE doing 8:16?

If I were you I think I’d go to Simcoeluv’s thread for newbies and get my head around how it works. Make a plan and try to stick to it. You CAN manipulate 5:2 to your own ends but it’s probably best to have a good grasp of how the basics work before you start trying to do that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.