calorie accuracy in fast diet book

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
calorie accuracy in fast diet book

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

I have recently started fasting and my preferncell is to use the fast diet books recipes. However I am finding that the calories in the book are often miscalculated-generally to low. Has anyone else found this? I’m not sure if I am counting the calories correctly.

Hi hells,

I’m curious to know what you’ve compared the Fastdiet recipes with? I use http://www.myfitnesspal to calculate the calorie content of foods I eat as well as for recipes in my cookbooks that don’t otherwise give me a calorie count. However, sometimes I find discrepancies with some of the foods in myfitnesspal, so I’m careful to confirm each ingredient.

One other factor is that here in Australia, food energy is measured in kilojoules rather than calories. For example a raw green medium apple contains 199 kilojoules though only 44 calories. Sometimes I’ve mistaken the kilojoule count for calories and visa versa.

If you could post a list of ingredients for a particular recipe, I’d be happy to check the calorie content with other sources to see if it measures up to what is listed in the book as the total.

I don’t own a copy of the book. I had checked my copy from the library and have since returned it so am not able to check my own copy of a recipe. Maybe there are others who can chime in who do own a copy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.