Average weight loss per week

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Average weight loss per week

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Poca 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• First, I want to say that I’m embracing 5:2 (even though I might try different versions of it later) as a lifestyle change, not just a diet to lose weight.

BUT – like most people who start it, I’ve stumbled across it because I was looking for ways to lose weight and be healthy at my age (51).

I have at least 40lbs to lose, and my hope is that it’ll be gone before my 52nd birthday (December 2017).

Having said all that, I’m curious as to what is the average weight loss of everyone? Weekly and monthly?

Is an expectation of 1.5lbs to 2lbs a week (at least in the beginning) reasonable for me? Or should I just shut up and see what happens 🙂

Hi Poca and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 for women over time is a little less than a pound a week. Two pounds a week is a stretch. Here is information that will help – the TDEE link explains why it is very hard to lose 2 pounds a week over time (you can do it initially, but it becomes much harder as time goes by): https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

How quickly you lose is going to depend entirely on you, and other people’s experiences will be largely irrelevant.

My weight loss averaged more than the average Simco quotes, but then I stuck to 5:2 religiously AND didn’t eat any added sugar or refined carbohydrates for 4 months. I recognized that biscuits, cake, bread, pasta were the things driving my weight gain so they had to go! A lot of people are very resistant to giving up what they perceive to be dietary staples/ treats though, and some contimue to overeat on non-fast days, others may be insulin resistant or hypothyroid etc, and for these people weight loss will be slower.

I knew roughly what weight I wanted to lose, but didn’t set myself a target either in lbs per week or an end date (I’d never been on a diet so didn’t know what I could achieve). I just went with it as a lifestyle change and enjoyed the journey. (For info, I was 45 when I began, and lost 30lbs in about 5 months).

Thanks guys! Given what you guys said, I think my goal of losing 40lbs by December-ish is realistic, regardless of how many lbs per week.

As excited as I am to be able to fit in to single digit jeans again, I’m also very excited about the health benefits over the long run.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.