Anyone trying to get rid of those last few stubborn pounds?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone trying to get rid of those last few stubborn pounds?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi! My name is Alexandria, and I’ve been doing ADF for a week and a half now. I’ve lost 3 lbs over the first week, but not much since then. I think I’ve been getting sloppy on my fast days and cheating a bit. First 50 cals over becomes 100 and soon the fast day turns into a feast..*sigh*
    I know I can do better, so I’m whipping myself back into the habit of 500 calories ONLY. I am really enjoying the ADF life though. I am still able to work out (t25 and p90x3) every day without feeling like I’m going to pass out.
    I used to be 140 ish lbs and then I got scared to look down at the scale again, but then I started exercising again and now I’m down to 130. My goal weight is 128, but if I can get down to 125 in a safe manner, than that’s great. I’m so happy that I’m finally almosttttt there. If I DO get to 125, I’d officially have lost 15 lbs and that’s pretty awesome for me. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anyway, enough ranting about me. Hehe. I was wondering if anyone else is trying to get rid of those last few pounds and talk about it!

Good Morning ,

I was very sceptical about this way of dieting to start with as I wasnโ€™t loosing weight for the first two weeks despite training HARD every day, in the gym, boxing and hill sprints. And when I say hard, I mean that I did my leg day five days ago and hill sprints this morning was still sore! After a slight binge at the weekend on biscuits (not like me at all) I decided to go 4:3 this week with my final fasting day tomorrow as I am at work then travelling so thought it would be easier than a normal Friday night โ€“ and its WORKED!! Jumped on the scales and when I started this I was 141lbs and I was 138.6 this morning! Now I know this doesnโ€™t sound a lot but s I only have about 10lbs to lose I was really struggling to shift the last few stubborn pounds!

Keep with it everyone, I am enjoying my food today reading for fasting tomorrow!

Were strong and weโ€™ve got this! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Alexandra,

Great to read of your progress! Well done for shedding a whole 15 pounds! When I think of carrying 15 pounds of apples around, that would be a lot of apples!

I’m working on my last few pounds and at one point the loss slowed down to nothing, although during that time I did see improvement in fat, muscle and hydration percentages, so accepted that there were positive results taking place under the surface that didn’t register as pounds/kilograms lost.

There was one week though where the scales didn’t register any improvement. On my next FD I reviewed my life over the previous week and realized that my particular weakness was and tends to be what I eat on NFDs. Kind of like what you describe as being ‘sloppy’, my version entailed lots of snacking outside of mealtimes. I’m not on my case about it, because it was fun, and I was eating healthy foods. However, I now ask myself if/whether there is another way to go about my NFDs and as a result am now living those days with more care, kind of like being a better mother to myself, if that makes sense. The result is that just by approaching those NFDs with that extra TLC towards me, I discovered that I shed 2.2 pounds over the past week. On some level I feel as if my body wouldn’t let go of those couple of pounds until I showed it that extra respect that had been lacking.

So that’s me for now and a little bit about this magical journey I’m on called 5:2!

It is a paradox: the less pounds to lose, the harder it is. ๐Ÿ™

i am finding this now cold pizza! I have 5lbs to go until my first target target of 9 stone 7 and hoping to get at least 3 of these before my holiday to in 23 days time to florida!

wish me luck!

To get rid of the paradox just lower your goal weight by another 15 pounds. That way you’ll still be a long way away from your target and the weight will start to move more quickly…… yes I have my tongue firmly in my cheek.

bigbooty, LOL!!

Bigbooty,

You say tongue in cheek but actually you’re on to something. I’ve posted about the arbitrary nature of goal weight elsewhere.

What are ‘the last few lbs’ and why should it be hard to lose them?

We all know that as we get lighter the rate at which we lose weight slows. But that doesn’t mean the last few lbs are stubborn, just slower to go.

And the concept of last few lbs is somewhat arbitrary in any case, based on our goal weight.

My goal weight was 140lbs, but going from 145 to 140 (theoretically my last few lbs) was no harder than 155 to 150. And I then carried on losing until I worked out how to stop. I’ve been about 130 now for two years but can still lose more weight if I fast. So does that mean that I’m not yet thin enough to have reached the stubborn ‘last few lbs’ (I’m 5ft7, UK size 8. BMI 20.4ish)?!

I don’t think our bodies have a concept of the last few lbs. We’ve taken a conscious decision about what weight/size we want to be. So for most people ‘the last few lbs’ will be psychological not physiological? In which case moving the goalpost might just work!

Good luck all ๐Ÿ™‚

Happynow,

Once you train yourself in 5:2 then I think it does come down to a psychological barrier rather than a physiological. I had two plateaus along the way but basically I was losing weight doing 5:2 and swapped over to 6:1 when I hit my target weight. Some weeks I “force” myself to have a little more than I want to as Im edging downwards and other weeks I have to be a bit more mindful as Im edging upwards. For me Monday is like my big reset switch. Treat it like a journey rather than a destination and 5:2 (or 6:1) will serve you well.

Moving the goal post is something I’m contemplating! …All the copies of 5:2 in my local library system had long reservation queues except the original 2013 version, so I’m currently reading it. In the first section I learned that Mimi Spencer is the same height as I am and that she started 5:2 already weighing my goal weight! After 6 months on 5:2 she reached a bikini worthy weight! Though I have no desire to again wear a bikini, I’m now rethinking my plan since I realize that for much of my adult life, I too weighed the 54 kilograms that freed Mimi from her her bikini dread!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.