Anyone got less than 10lbs to go?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone got less than 10lbs to go?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kelltoch 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi just started although I have dieted for years but stuck on plateau. I have fasted Tuesday and today is fast day too.

I only have under 10lbs to go but still have mummy tummy I can’t shift so hoping this helps.

Anyone else struggling to shift last bit? I also count calories using MFP but only count to 500 on fast days and set limit to 1500 non fast days.

Looking for others that are in same position or fast Tuesdays and Thursdays or on MFP for support as really getting frustrating now.

Got 4kg (9lbs) to go. Have made my fast days (which I do consecutively) zero calorie days for the last month. Im not overly careful about what I eat on my non fast days and I suspect that I now need nowhere near the amount of calories that I used to. Trouble is I haven’t changed my eating habits on non fast days. As a result I put on about 2 lbs during the week, so end up losing about only about 1 lb overall after two days of fasting. I’ll get there eventually. Maybe try backing off to zero calories for the first fast day and see how it goes?

Thanks for reply, my problem is that I’m used to weighing and tracking weight every day.

1lb a week would be fine but we will see what happens but don’t think I could do zero calories but may try if I can’t shift.

I’m trying exercising today so will see how I feel as I have only had a coffee this morning and only plan on baked potato for dinner.

Been having a discussion on a cycling forum about the type of energy you burn at different exercise intensities (I cycle a lot). Basically for weight loss its best to do low intensity exercise for a reasonable amount of time. Try going for a walk for one hour each day, or if you prefer like me, go for a bike ride. This activity will mostly burn fat and not muscle glycogen (this is the stored form of glucose). By doing this low intensity exercise youre less likely to want to eat lots afterwards as there is no need to top up with sugar/carbohydrates, as you haven’t used any, or at best only a small amount. Ive gone from 92kg to 78kg in one year (Im 5′ 11″ guy). Getting down to 80kg was pretty easy. After that its been very slow but still going in the right direction. Definitely try exercising and try and do one hours worth. That’s about the equivalent of burning a small donut.

Thanks I have been using runtastic six pack app and use hoop for 30 mins a day but trying to add treadmill in but that is soo hard to motivate for but needs must I guess. But due to asthma it knackers me for running so can only walk on it.

I just hope I’m not wasting time trying to get rid of mummy tummy as it seems there to stay lol

I started at 10 stone 2, aiming to get to 8 stone 7. Am now 9 stone 3 so 10 pounds to go. But I’m only losing about half a pound a week now at best. At least digital scales mean I can see that half pound so it doesn’t feel like I’m losing nothing.

My 36″ belly has not shifted at all though since I started.

Thanks I started at 144 now 122 but been trying for years after last kid I still haven’t seen much loss on stomach though.

Hopefully this diet will help!

Hi, I have just under 10lbs to lose. I find that the fast diet is slower than others I have used in the past but I much prefer the ability to eat certain foods that I love 5 days a week. Also, there have been positive changes in my choices on non-fast days. In the past, I would cut down on or eliminate certain foods everyday for a fixed period of time. I usually lost approx. 2lbs per week. The problem was that I’d return to old eating habits and eventually gain it all back if not more! So, I now believe that slow and steady wins the race. I’m not fretting about the number on the scale and I only weigh myself in the morning after a fast day. I’m noticing that my clothes fit better and I feel better. Knowing that the fasting phase is giving me health benefits as well is fantastic. I just have to be patient.

Yeah I suffer from a chronic cough which I am hoping fasting might help too(wishful thinking) but I can now eat the stuff I have denied myself for years which is a plus!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.