Anxiety and fasting

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Stefanelle44 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Has anyone experience of fasting having a positive effect on anxiety? I’ve had significant anxiety all my life. Medication helps a lot, but the last year it has definitely been getting worse, to the point that I thought I would need to up my meds. I’ve been fasting since August, when I also drastically cut my alcohol consumption. I also started running in September, though currently off that due to a stupid injury. Since about September my anxiety has been markedly improved – I can go out on my own and do things that I couldn’t before. I know that it is probably a combination of things that have helped, and that cutting alcohol and exercise are probably quite significant. But I am just curious what, if any, contribution fasting might have. I have to say that fasting generally makes me feel really well and positive, but I just wonder if anyone else has experience of a seemingly significant impact on anxiety?

Dont do fasting if you fill anxiety.

Well clearly I’m not as I have said my anxiety has improved. Why would you imagine that a diagnosis of anxiety would preclude someone from fasting?

Fasting has many advantages for individuals living with psychological disorders such as mild degrees of depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Fasting, and the spiritual and social practices that accompany it enable these individuals to withstand and cope with life’s worries and woes and, as a result, reach a state of tranquillity.

Hi Batfink, I hope you have a professional health person to talk it over with.

I had anxieties around food and hunger and 5:2 has helped me with them because I find it easy and sustainable.

Thanks. As I say, I think it might be a combination of things that is working for me, but just curious as to what the contribution of fasting might be to this. Strangely I really enjoy fasting and I think feel better for it. So generally all is good.

Sorry Batfink, I rewrote my post after reading what you wrote more carefully.
    Good luck with it all.

Some scientists believe that tryptophan has a positive effect on stress, because this amino acid helps the brain to produce substances of good mood

According to research, some foods have a calming effect on us, while others have a stimulating effect, at least temporarily.If you are experiencing stress, anxiety, or panic attacks, try changing your diet to relieve these symptoms, but in no case should you starve. You should solve this problem if it affects your daily life but not by starving. I went to therapy, and I really like the effect it has on me. In addition, I use kratom products, as the usual antidepressants are too heavy for me. I usually use kratom because I can really carry them around with me all the time and have one when I feel bad in the middle of the day.If you don’t know what kratom is, you can easily look it up https://amazingbotanicals.net/product-category/buy-kratom-capsules/ and make sure of its effectiveness.

Depending on how severe your anxiety is, fasting can actually be a good thing. I think making sure that you do not lack and vitamines is the main important thing when you start fasting. Start with longer eating windows, rather than OMAD (one meal a day), just to make sure that you know what you will be eating during that window of time and take supplements if needed. I usually take a multivitamin every day and also vitamin C. Also I found some great protein shakes on https://www.vitaminexpress.org/uk/ but whatever you do test and see how your body reacts to it first. Fasting can be an amazing experience, if you do this correctly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.