Alcohol!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• The fast diet has helped me cut down on alcohol!
    I used to have a glass of wine along with some crisps or sweets most evenings during the week. Have been on the diet 3 weeks and haven’t touched a drop until the weekend.
    I think this will be a new way of life as I’m not missing it.
    Look forward to a glass or 2 at the weekends though!
    Cheers
    Elaine

You’re not the only one mitches66. There’s an old thread or two on here somewhere, where several people talked about having the same effect. Handy little side effect eh!

Thanks Tracy, great side effect 🙂
    Never thought I could break the habit!!
    Elaine

I’m glad you posted this because I thought if I ate my required 500 calorie meal and continued to drink my wine on fast days, it wouldn’t matter, but it did! I gained 5 oz. overnight and that did it for me.

I don’t drink on fast days anymore. If I’m serious about my weight loss goal, then I will be diligent in my efforts. However, I will not give up my red wine during the week, because Dr. Moseley said you can drink a glass daily, just not on fast days. I didn’t believe him, but now I do. Lesson learned.

ps-Got a lot of compliments while visiting family during Thanksgiving weekend.

Good luck everyone.

I gave up most alcohol at the moment mostly because if I’d drink now I’d be drinking alone and that’s just meh. I’ll probably add some back into my diet when I get a social life again, but so far not drinking has been fine!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.