ADF system anyone doing it???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
ADF system anyone doing it???

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Fatso Jackso 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi all, I was just wondering has any one being doing the ADF system and if so what are the times that you fast is it 24 hours exact on and 24 hours exact off or is it 36 hours fast and 12 hours non fast I am a bit confused not seeing much weight loss and was thinking that ADF may help, and how long should I use this system for until going back to 5:2, any help/advice appreciated

YES

carla

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/users/carla/

happy atfdays♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

thank you

memstarina

ur welcome

i also gave her ur link
    she just got back from a holiday
    give her awhile

happy adfdays♫♬♪♫♬

Hi Memstarina!

I have been doing the AFD for 11 weeks now. Took 4 weeks of that time off on holiday (and did not fast) Have lost 12.5 pounds as of this morning’s weigh in. Also 3.5 inches around my waist and dropped one size already. I am averaging around 1.5 – 2 pounds a week on an ADF. Best of all is the extra energy. I simply feel healthier. I find it easy to do ADF because if I have something I crave…I know the next day I can have it.

How are you finding it? How long have you been doing ADF? To answer your question…I keep the hours thing pretty simple…one day I fast…the next day I eat normally. I don’t count hours. If I fast on Sunday…then on Monday morning I fix a regular breakfast.

Happy Fasting 🙂

Carla

I have been doing ADF for six weeks now. And when it is a fast day, I really fast. Only water on those days. The really cool part is that I don’t restrain myself at all on my eating days. I have whatever in the world I want. Ultimately, in six weeks’ time, I have lost 25 lbs. It has been the easiest weight loss experience ever.

The reason I love it is that it requires almost no mental energy at all. On normal diets you have to expend a tremendous amount of mental energy on every meal. You have to stress about what to eat that is “good”, or feel guilt-ridden for being “bad”. A normal diet is, in my opinion, just an opportunity to fail three times a day and feel awful about yourself. ADF, on the other hand, requires almost no mental energy at all. On the fast days, you don’t have to wonder about what to eat or not eat. I already know I’m not eating. It’s no big deal. I can go out with other people and they can eat right in front of me. Even if I feel some hunger, it is never really a temptation for me. Besides, I only have to wait until the next day. Then, on the eating days, I get to eat whatever I want. Seriously. This past week I ate on Monday, Wed, & Fri. Monday night I had an enormous barbecue dinner with two gigantic beef ribs, sausage, brisket, bread, all the trimmings, and two beers. Wednesday night I had fabulous mexican food with chips, hot sauce, queso, tortillas, and two beers. Friday I had an outstanding burger, fries, onion rings, and a chocolate malt. And I still lost three pounds for the week.

That is, in my opinion, an awesome way to lose weight! I highly recommend ADF. It takes a little adjustment, but now I can’t even think of going back to the old ways.

For me, it winds up being about 36 hours for every fast period. I will stop eating by about 8 pm on the eating days, skip the next day entirely, and eat again at breakfast the day after that. So about 36 hours for me. Maybe a little less.

Hi Carla and Tom,

Thank you so much I have not started the ADF system yet I was just wanting to know how to go about it I think I may start tomorrow

Carla do you fast entirely like Tom with only water??

Tom thanks for that information it was exactly what I was after, I have about 10 kilos to lose I am going to Thailand in 6 weeks and wanted to drop some kilos fast, I having been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks and only lost 700gms which is slow I am ok with the slow progress but was thinking of doing ADF just until Thailand and then going back to 5:2

Thank you both for that info and the congratulations on the progress that you have made

Also Carla love the blog have been following it keep up the great work

Thanks for the inspiration

Memstarina,

No. I stay at the 500 calories on the Fast Days and generally between 1200-1500 on my Non-Fast. I started out counting my non-fast just to get a grip on portions…carloric intake…but now eat whatever I want on Non-Fast.

Good luck on ADF, and enjoy Thailand 🙂

Hi Tom,

I admire the fact that you are capable of being mentally tough enough to do a total fast on AD’s. I would find it very hard and since I expect this to be a way of eating for the rest of my life I have found the “normal” 5:2 way of eating really manageable. My weight loss is approx. 1/2 lb. a week on average but it is slowly going down.

Nice going.

Quick

Quick,

I actually don’t consider it being “mentally tough” on the fast days. It was a little difficult for the first 10 days, or so, but I don’t even notice it now. My body has gotten used to it. True, I do feel hunger on the fast days, but it isn’t extraordinary. It isn’t overwhelming. In fact, it isn’t anything more than just the normal level of hunger anyone might feel. And it does go in waves. I don’t even really feel anything, now, until the afternoon. And there’s another period in the evening. That’s about it. But it doesn’t require any mental toughness to not eat. As a matter of fact, it would feel more burdensome to me to worry about trying to stay under 500 calories. That requires a lot of thought. NOT eating doesn’t require any mental energy at all. The decision is already made, and I don’t even have to spend a second thinking about food during the day.

Truly, this requires almost no mental exertion at all. That’s why I know that I will be able to stick with it. Once I meet my weight loss goals, I may change to a 4:3, where it is a full fast on the 3 days, and I eat normally on the other 4. That would be really easy to maintain indefinitely, in my opinion.

So glad I saw this post today. Considering starting ADF. I started the 5:2 plan 3.5 weeks ago. I’ve lost 3 pounds, which is great since I don’t have a ton of weight to lose. However, I would like a faster loss than a pound a week…especially with the holidays fast approaching!! (I’m hosting my husband’s company Christmas program the first week of December & would like to rock a little black dress!! Ha!) I also feel like I could easily add another fast day. I feel so great when I fast & often feel like I could easily throw in another day. Think I’ll experiment this week & see how it goes. The only thing I see as an issue would be weekends.

It works! Weeks of thinking I was getting nowhere then suddenly – I was floating around instead of walking …so light!!

Two more pounds then I can ease up! Yeh!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.