Addicted to peanut butter!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Addicted to peanut butter!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  galexinda 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• HI, my name is fitnfast, and I am a peanut butter addict! And it’s killing my eating plan!

Specifically, I found a recipe for protein balls using oats, cocoa honey and peanut butter, and now I just love it! But it is wrecking my non fast day calories. Most days I force myself to go without, but it’s hard! Why can’t I be addicted to broccoli?!

hi there fitnfast I too cannot resist peanut butter so I try not to have it in the house as I have a tendency to scoops teaspoons of the stuff out of the jar and straight into my mouth! Will buy it occasionally because my husband and one of my boys like it – but would rather leave it off the shopping list and avoid the temptation altogether (would not count willpower as one of my strengths

Hi fit:

Sounds more like a carb ball to me. How much sugar is in the peanut butter you use?

Too depressing to even look at the label! It is natural pb but still 190 calories per 2 T.

I think getting it out of the house is key!

And the original recipe had flax seed in it.

I used to make the flax seed balls. I bet it is the same recipe only mine didn’t have oats in them. They were quite tasty. I would stick with the flax seeds. They are much better for you. Also, I bet simcoeluv is correct. It’s probably the combo of the fat in the peanut butter and the sugar that is making them so addictive.

Hi ya, I just saw your post and I had to post back! I also have massive peanut butter addiction. I used to go through maybe a large jar every week! Any way , I have found the most amazing substitute , it’s called PB2 and it’s made from peanuts after the oil has been taken out , the peanuts are then crushed into a powder… You basically just add water! Now, I was very sceptical. But My God has it changed my life! I love it. I have not touched peanut butter since. It’s 45 cals for a portion which equals aprox 18 grams ( once water is added , depending on how much water you choose to add to get the texture you like ) . Id definitely recommend! Also comes in chocolate flavour which is my fave. Hope it helps 🙂

@jessicamai12 – where does one buy chocolate PB2? sounds delicious!

Hi viberadiant, I ordered mine from Amazon, seemed to be be cheapest place. As it’s got the fat removed it’s not as nice as peanut butter on toast because it doesn’t melt, but mixed in Greek yougurt , dipped in bannanas, in porridge, on pancakes or just eaten with a spoon 😉 it’s delicious! As its a powder you can add it too smoothies and all sorts. Worth a try!

I also love peanut butter and I have cut down to two teaspoons per serving from 3 tablespoons and have it approx every three days. I have cut out chocolate and the peanut butter seems to address those cravings too.

I’ll check out amazon for some PB2. thanks.

Well, I finished off a jar of PB on Thursday and said to myself I won’t buy any more but then I looked at the nutritional values and health benefits and went out and bought Waitrose brand which just has the peanuts, oil and salt. Two teaspoons (level) are very satisfying and I’m still not missing the chocolate bars!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.