About to Start 5:2…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I folks, I’m about to start my 5:2 fasting after wanting to do something more radical to loose some weight.
    I’m looking for your thoughts on my (current) and on going diet plan;

Background
    I am 36 year old male, who has always been fat.
    A couple of years ago I decided to make a change and loose some weight.
    Fast forward a year and I had gone from early 20 stone down to 12.5 and felt amazing.
    I recognised I have a very slow metabolism so ate little and often and walked up to 30 miles a week.
    Now I have changed jobs, I’m working much longer hours, much more desk-bound and my knock-on effect is my walking is down to 20sih miles and the weight is back on – how up to 15 stone – time for a change.

My Plan
    So 5:2 – my thoughts are to eat my usual daily diet Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat & Sun, 24 hour fasting for Tues & Thurs.
    To maintain my regular exercise regime.

My Diet
    Breakfast 9am Small Cereal with Semi-skinned Milk
    Snack 11am Apple
    Lunch 12pm 2x Chunks of Cucumber + SlimFast Shake
    Snack 2pm Skinny Whip Chocolate Bar
    Snack 4pm Home-made PopCorn (air popped with Coconut Oil, Salt + Pepper)
    Various Cups of Coffee + Tea throughout the day
    2x 500ml Bottles of Water + Squash
    Dinner 7pm Whatever’s been cooked for the rest of the family.

Exercise
    Mon None
    Tues 5mile/1hr Fast Walk, with wrist weights
    Weds Weights, Lunges & Stretches
    Thurs 5mile/1hr Fast Walk, with wrist weights
    Fri Weights, Lunges & Stretches
    Sat Weights, Lunges & Stretches
    Sun 10mile/2hr Fast Walk, no wrist weights

So thoughts?
    I’m thinking of maybe switching my SlimFast for Huel but I need convincing its worth the extra ££ compared to a product I know works for me.

Thanks

Hi. I went from 20 to 17 stone so far this year, mostly from the 5:2 I started on May 11. I’m a 46 year old male, and have been impressed with the results. Although I do make healthier choices, I still eat some occasional fast food and junk food. I think eating almost to your regular TDEE is necessary on Monday days to keep the metabolism high, so I’m not sure how an already calorie restricted diet would affect weight loss. The weight gain you’re experiencing… do you think it was from calorie increase or less exercise after going to your desk job? Generally, it seems like sneaky snacking is the culprit during times of change or stress… Welcome to the forums!

I still eat some occasional fast food and junk food. I think eating almost to your regular TDEE is necessary on Monday days to keep the metabolism high

Sorry, I meant to say “is necessary on Non-fast days” not “Monday days,” although some weeks feel like they are filled with lots of “Monday days” to me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.