5:2 and Intermittent Fasting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 and Intermittent Fasting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ahmedmilton 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone, I want to thank you in advance for looking at my post 😉
    So i am knew to this whole diet but wanted to find out how it all worked to lose weight. My goal is to lose 2lb’s a week and a stone in a month – roughly!!

So this is what i have been doing? Can someone tell me if this is correct or if what i am doing is not providing the health and weight loss benefits.

2 days a week i have my last meal at 6pm and then at 10am to 6pm i have 500 calories.
    The other 5 days i try to fast 16 hours so from 6pm to 10am but have low carbs and at around 1500 calories in the day.

So when i am having my 500 calories i am not having these over a 24 hour period but over 8 and and fasting for 16 hours.

So this is the plan:
    Monday – 10am to 6pm – 500 calories
    Tuesday – 10am – 6pm – 1500 calories
    Wednesday – 10am tp 6pm – 500 caloris
    Thursday – 10am – 8pm – eat 1500-2000 calories
    Friday – 10am – 10pm – eat 2000 calories
    Saturday – 10am to 6pm – 100o calories
    Sunday 10am to 6pm – 1500 calories.

Thanks!!!

I want the quickets way to weight loss and then a way of life!!!

Hi blinkers and welcome:

Your eating pattern is fine, but unnecessary if you find it too restrictive. There is no need for specific times between meals on 5:2. Just make sure you do your two 500 calorie days each week correctly, regardless of when you eat the calories.

Losing 2 pounds a week over time is hard, but you might do it for a month with additional water weight loss you might experience at the start. You don’t mention your TDEE, so I can’t estimate what your weight loss might be.

Number 4 on this thread will tell you about TDEE. There are some other tips in the thread, too: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi

My details are below:

BMR is: 5471 kJ / 1308 calories
    TDEE is: 7523 kJ / 1798 calories

I just thought that with Intermittant Fasting the health results are better and also 16 hours of no food i find quite easy now!! Am hoping that by combining them i can lose even more weight!!

Blinkers

Hi blinkers:

Your TDEE is the number to focus on. The TDEE thread will explain more, but your quick numbers go like this assuming the TDEE estimate is reasonably close – 1800 (TDEE rounded) x 7 = 12,600 cal per week to neither gain nor lose weight. 8750 = number of calories you plan on eating. 12,600 – 8750 = 3850 – the number of calories you are taking out of your diet with your plan. 3850/3500 (3500 is the number of calories you need to take out of your diet to lose a pound) = 1.1, so you might expect to lose around 1.1 pound a week over time with your plan.

I do the numbers for anybody reading this so you can understand how to figure out how much you might expect to lose over time and why I say it is hard to lose a couple of pounds a week consistently. Many lose more than that quickly at the start, but then ‘plateau’ and quit the diet because that rate of loss does not continue. The TDEE thread explains how the numbers work and is designed to ‘temper expectations’ so people won’t quit because 5:2 ‘does not work’.

It does, but, as with any reasonable diet, it works slowly.

Good Luck!

hi blinkers
    thnks i like ur post

Its not possible for me because i can’t fast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.