5/1/1 or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf/1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• TidyChick wrote:

USA,

You mentioned something about 5:1:1 in an earlier post….eating regularly for 5 days, 500/600 calories on one day, and eating whatever you want on one day per week. Are you trying that? If so, is it working? On the “freebie” day, all you want, or just not as careful?

Was extremely discouraging for several weeks, because to be frank, I was sick of the whole fasting routine. So I took some time off and have started again with a renewed sense of vigor. As I’m close to my goal, I want to do 6:1 to see how that will work, but the 5:1:1 sounds intriguing.

tidychick

i’m now on a reversal journey because i’m unfortunatly a type2diab @

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/reversing-type-2-diabetes-the-fastday-lifestyle/

however i did try the 3/3/1

& it did lower not in 1 lbs a wk

since it has been more than 7 months it now
    goes down in millimeters & plateaus

did not seem 2 make a decision

i wish i could do the 5/1/1 however, congrats
    on being getting closer 2 the elite group of 6/1’s

please keep posting on how u r doing on the 5/1/1

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 5/2 & 4/3 & adf or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 & the fdl (fastday lifestyle) 😀

tidychick

“did not seem 2 make a decision”

ooops meant 2 say

“did not seem 2 make a difference”

take care

USA,

Sounds like 5:2 has really helped you. Wish I could get my hubby onboard, as he was diagnosed with type 2 almost 4 years ago. He dropped 70 lbs in 4 months, because it scared him. His mom is type 1, dad type 2, so it wasn’t a matter of if, but when he’d get it. He gained back 60, but won’t hear of any diet, let alone 5:2. Sounds like you can fast if you have diabetes. Is it only type 2, I wonder?

Thanks for all the good info you provide on this forum. It’s pretty helpful.

Hi, TidyChick. My step mum has type 2 diabetes (treated on diet alone, not by medication), and keeps snacking because reckons she mustn’t go more than two of three hours without food in the daytime. I totally disagree, but I say nothing. She’s very well, approaching 89 so I reckon she’s entitled to eat pretty much as she pleases without me fussing or contradicting. I believe that with type 2 diabetes you can fast, unless you are taking medication that might push your blood glucose too low, when combined with fasting. The advice would be obviously to check with one’s doctor, though there could be a degree of scepticism if they seemed to trot out some mantra that doesn’t fit the science.

My father in law has diabetes that is associated with and may have been caused by damage to his pancreas by cancer. His diabetes was initially treated with tablets, but now with insulin. He also sadly has dementia. Some days he eats well, others he hardly eats at all. Obviously, if he has his insulin injection and doesn’t eat, he is liable to become ‘hypo.’ He has finished up losing consciousness when he’s not eaten. Obviously common sense and professional guidance are needed for fasting with diabetes, but hopefully, where feasible, IF could help many people with type 2 diabetes.

tidychick

“He dropped 70 lbs in 4 months”

how did he do that?

i think men lose more & faster! ugh

i think it is type2 only

glad u liked the stuff

u might like this 2 u
    u can contribute there 2

everything a newbie/poster might want 2 c, use & read

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/everything-a-newbie-might-want-2-c-use-read/

don;t 4get 2 keep posting on ur 5/1/1

happy 5/1/1’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.