5 day fast started.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I began a 5 day fast on Sunday gone, and I feel good, even though I only get 200 cals per day.
    My goal is to complete at least 4 days, and try to last 5 days or longer.

If anyone is interested on swapping data and info, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Oh my god, are you sure that’s a good thing to do, have you checked with your doctor about this? Why aren’t you going by the diet where you eat normally for 5 days and reduce your calories to 600 calories. Surely if you loose a lot of weight quickly then when you stop this and return to eating normally, you’ll put all the weight back on again? My own GP is doing this diet and he has lost 1 and half stone in 4 months, that’s how I heard about the diet. If you loose a pound or 2 each week then it’s more likely that you will keep the diet off.

hi david:

Don’t know if this is you, but some people that watched the Australian version of Dr. M’s program got the idea that a four day water fast was the way to start 5:2. It is not, and he rejected the idea in favor of 5:2. Most people that think a 4 day fast is the way to start 5:2 do not go on successfully with 5:2 (or any other IF program).

If you plan on doing 4 day or more fasts for the health benefits, the current research shows they should be either water fasts or very low calorie eating days with those calories all coming from fat and protein – no carbs whatsoever, to get the ketogenic effect.

And, you need to do these 4 day fasts periodically – one every six weeks or so to ‘retain’ any benefits garnered by the fast.

The 4 day fasts are not designed for weight loss, and most people do not lose weight on them over time unless they go on a standard diet in between fasts.

Here are some tips for 5:2 if you decide to do that instead: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.