3-4 kilos to lose

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  birdie78 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello everyone,

It’s my fourth week on 5:2 and I’d like to share my experience with people with similar goals.
    I’m 27 and my weight fluctuates between 59 and 62 kg (I’m 166cm). A year ago I lost 10kg and I’ve been able to maintain it (nevertheless, the fluctuation continues) but still had those few kilos that don’t want to go.

I’d like to go to my 57kg so I have 3-4 kilos to lose.

Mimi Spencer’s story in the “Fast Diet” book – whose starting weight was similar – inspired me to change to the 5:2 lifestyle. The first week was tough: I was overeating on non-fasting days and feeling like I was starving on fasting days. So I tried 16:8 for a couple of days and ended up with sugar dropping like crazy and the worst mood ever. And so I went back to 5:2 and didn’t regret it for one second. My apetite feels more natural: I eat with my stomach telling me how much I should eat – and not with my eyes. I started skipping breakfast and realised that this makes me feel best. I drink warm water with lemon + spoon of honey after waking up and then around 11:30-12:00.

I haven’t weighed myself in the last two weeks, but a couple of inches (or as we call them here – centimeters 😉 ) went off my tighs and waist.

However, I did weigh myself in the first two weeks and didn’t lose anything.

My question goes out to other fellow fasters, whose goal is to lose 3-4 kg: did you also feel that your weight loss was waaaaaaay less spectacular when compared to other people out there? Did you manage to achieve your goals?

thanks for the response, topcat69 – but it seems to me that this link is trying to rather sell me something than tell me something

sorry for the blank response, I was trying to delete it but I can’t! so it wasn’t my intention to spam!

Hi mynie,

If you’re already pretty slim, which you appear to be, and not carrying much fat, then you can’t expect the big losses that much heavier/ fatter people will achieve.

However, that doesn’t mean that you won’t lose weight. Just that you probably shouldn’t expect to lose any more than 0.5kg per week max.

I lost 14kg last year and have been maintaining at under 60kg since last June. I rarely fast now as I do lose weight each time. So it is possible!

I can’t remember ever before saying that I didn’t want to lose weight 🙂

Hey HappyNow,
    You’re right – this is also what I’ve been thinking. I’m aware that I’m not overweight, but this fluctuation is annoying. Actually, my biggest goal with 5:2 is to stop this fluctuation and stay around 59 (or a bit less).

I’m not crazy about the scale as I do a lot of sports and sometimes a few muscles here and there weigh more than a few fat rolls here and there.

Congratulations to your loss!! And good luck with the healthy maintenance!

Hi mynie and welcome:

Your weight can vary two or more pounds either way each day without you doing anything different in your diet or exercise. So having a goal of not having weight fluctuations is sort of like wanting to go swimming without getting wet.

As for spectacular weight losses that you are not sharing – well, only a few people have ‘spectacular’ losses, and most of the weight they are losing is water weight. The heavier they are, the more they can lose initially. But those levels of losses will not continue. The average weight loss on 5:2 over time is about a pound a week – more for people with very high beginning weights and less for people who are only moderately overweight at the start. Remember, it is a ‘average’, which means for everyone losing over a pound a week, there are some losing less.

Here are some tips going forward – number 4 will allow you to compute how much you might reasonably expect to lose over time on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I weigh daily so know my weight can fluctuate wildly too, particularly if I’ve eaten a lot of refined carbs (pasta and bread especially).

And it varies by maybe 2kg on a weekly basis. Monday is heaviest (unsurprising after the weekend of relative excess) and Friday/Saturday morning are lightest (I tend not to eat refined carbs or sugars, and don’t drink during the week).

Although I weigh daily, Saturday is the only weight I record 🙂

Hi mynie,

I had the same problem as you. Although I’m trying to lose around 5-6 kilos. I’m not particularly overweight but I have certain problem areas – as anyone has – and I really want to get back to my weight of 10 years ago.
    I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet for four weeks and I haven’t lost a kilo yet…but my clothes fit looser. I don’t eat that much on fest days, I never did (that is why I wanted to try this diet because I’m not a big eater, although year by year I gained a few extra kilos) I won’t give up but to tell the truth I got a bit less enthusiastic by the results of this diet…no results, anyway. Now I see that this is a common problem with those who have not so much weight to lose. So let’s keep on doing the diet!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.