2nd time around – Need to get my fat butt into gear!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2nd time around – Need to get my fat butt into gear!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)

• Hello folks,

Well I started the F2F diet in January and loved it losing 10lbs in 3 weeks. However….. I fell massively off the wagon after I went into hospital, changed jobs and whatever other excuses I can come up with. I also joined a running club after running years ago and found it a pretty demoralising experience as basically they just took the mick out of people who were overweight so there went my new years diet and fitness regime. Anyway roll the clock forward two months and here I am probably 10lbs put back off and more so now that I have finished my teaching stint (work) and am back feeling semi fit again I’m going to stop putting things off and start again this Monday. I used to fast Monday and Thursday but am pretty desperate to loose some weight quickly as its really effecting my confidence and stopping me doing things so considering doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Or, do I do two days to start off with and then when things slow down up it to 3 days. Hum…. decisions, decisions.
    I also a bit unsure as to what to do about the exercise thing as have a gym membership but can’t always get to classes regularly and like to run outside but preferably with others. I have downloaded the NHS coach to 5k app which looks pretty good so that might also be my plan. Its been great reading all the other posts and I remember last time reading them was really inspirational so plan to keep up with all the threads like last time.
    Well I will post again when I have got on the dreaded scales on Monday morning but in the meantime if anybody had any thoughts on starting off with 2 or 3 days I would love to hear them.
    Happy Easter everyone!
    Claire x

Hi and welcome:

5:2 is not a fast weight loss process. Although you might lose some water weight at the start, the average weight loss over time is around a pound a week. People that lose more than that at the start often ‘hit a plateau’ a couple of weeks in, declare that 5:2 does not work, and quit. So please start with the idea that it is going to take awhile to lose a lot of weight and don’t quit when it does not just fall off consistently and quickly.

Here are some tips: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

So I would start with two days. Focus on eating 500 calories or less each, and reevaluate after two or so successful months.

As for exercise, it will not help you lose weight faster, and if you do a lot at the start, it might cause you to gain weight. Here is how exercise and weight loss go together: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/exercise-is-dangerous-for-your-diet/

Bottom line, do 5:2 correctly and be patient.

Good Luck!

Hi, I am only in my third week so new to fasting 5-2 too. I have dried Monday and Thursday and then Monday and Wednesday . I did a fasting day yesterday and I am doing a back to back fast today. I read about this on here so I am giving it a try. I think I am very brave because doing this over Easter and all the lovely things around to eat but I don’t have any kids so there is no temptation there. I do have a nice box of black magic in the freezer and I will have a few tomorrow but only a few. I lost 3 lbs in 4 days but not lost anything since but I only have 5 lbs to go or there about. Hope this helps. Try anything and everything to get that weight off. Good luck. JIP

Hi Simcoeluv and JIPWGP,

Thanks both for your comments its always really helpful to hear from others. It sounds like you have the easter fasting well under control JIPWGP, I also am lucky that I don’t have loads of choc easter eggs lying around hence being confident to start on Monday

Simcoeluv – I fully share your views about making it more of a life style choice and think definitely the wise move would be to two days a week but agree with you JIPWGP that’s its what works for you individually and I remember last time that one of the reasons I liked it was the fact I could change the fasting days dependant upon social events etc. In terms of exercise its more about making me feel psychologically better and more toned but am considering more yoga/swimming/walking approach rather than more physical but did enjoy running hence still considering it.

Thanks again for your encouragement

Claire

Well I did that dreaded weigh in this morning and have started the fasting lifestyle today.

Starting Weight – 16st 3.5lbs (BMI 35.6)I am going to weigh in on Tuesday mornings and ultimately would like to be in a healthy BMI though appreciate this is going to take some time which is fine. Just getting below 30 BMI is my initial goal which means for my height being about 13 10

I have just come back from the gym as Tuesdays have historically (I say historically because I haven’t been for months!!) have been my day when I went to my Body Pump class so I’m sat here feeling smug at home but appreciate it needs to become part of my normal lifestyle. I’m going to stick to just having the one meal about 5pm and then I have a full 24hr fast but my other day might have to be tomorrow as I’m at a celebratory meal for my husband on Thursday and then out with the in-laws for a Chinese banquet on Friday and they are staying all weekend. I remember doing two consecutive days before and not finding it too bad but that was after a few weeks in so am a bit nervous about 2 consecutive days in my first week. Also going to do first coach to 5k run in the morning so hope this rain here in notts disappears, though come rain or shine I will be off out pounding the pavement.

Hope everyone’s back on it after Easter!

Claire

Hi Claire,

I’ve got the couch to 5k app too – been using it for about 4 weeks now – it’s really great. Finally got me into running after all these years (and I’m actually enjoying it!) I’d love to know what you think of it when you start! I’m feeling so much better with all the running (although it’s not actually that intense with the app) and the fasting – been doing it on and off for almost a year now and it’s really helped with keeping the weight off too… FINALLY got a BMI of 29.9 – hopefully it’ll still keep going down.

Good luck!

Hi Hena,

Thanks for your post and words of encouragement. It sounds like you have a good balance of fasting and with the running. I used to run a bit a few years ago but struggle with running up stairs and am mindful with my weight I don’t want to damage my knees so want to start slow and build things up. Will let you know how I get on.

Claire

Well first week done with three fast days, two BP classes, three runs and three shred workouts and just trying to be careful(ish on the other days). I have lost 2.5lbs so stats are as follows

Starting weight 16 3.5lbs (BMI 35.6)
    Week 1 – 16.1 (2.5 loss) (BMI 35.2)

I’m a bit disappointed with this for my first week as was expecting a bit more but haven’t found the fast days too bad. I’m going to try and be more careful on the non fast days as although I never felt like I had over eaten I didn’t count calories in anyway so have downloaded the myfitnesspal app to do that.

Onwards and upwards although I have a weekend with the girls this weekend so will have to try and make a concerted effort before Friday to be extra good!

Claire

Well week 2 done and dusted. Did a 2 day b2b fast which was awful but needed to do it to fit them in as weekend away with the girls was the plan for BH weekend. Ate and drank loads so to be honest happy with my weight loss
    Wk 2 -15 12.5lbs (2.5 off)
    5lbs overall
    BMI 34.7
    Feel quite relaxed about everything so trying not to get too fixated. Oohh and myfitnesspal is my new best friend, love it!

Have a good week everyone

Claire

Me again,

Only managed to fast once this week but managed to have a low calorie diet most other days apart from Friday where I had a splurge day. Stupidly weighed myself at the weekend (after said splurge day) and also when it is my time of the month and was horrified for some reason why I had put on 2lbs but all is now well with the world as I have lost another lb this week (in addition to the 2 I had put on) so this weeks measurements are as follow;

Starting weight 16 3.5lbs
    Week 1 – 16.1 (2.5 loss) 2.5b overall
    Week 2 – 15 12.5lb (2.5 loss) 5lb overall
    Week 2 – 15 11.5lb 1lb loss) 6lb overall

Would really like another lb off this week to get my half a stone but can’t get to the gym much as am a lecturer and its a marking frenzy but am going to be super good on non fast days and you never know a miracle might happen!

Cheers

Claire

p.s BMI is now 34.6 🙂

Well me again,

Managed to do 4:3 this week, check me out! Ironically though my biggest achievement was going to the fish and chip ship on Friday and actually only asking for a small portion of chips as I have always seen people do it before and thought why on earth would you only want a small portion of chips! Well that was me and even then I didn’t eat them all. Sad I know but to me it’s definitely a sign my eating habits are changing. I’m off on holiday on Friday so am doing a back to back fast today and then another later in the week in preparation for the likelihood I’m not going to be able to fast much next week.
    Anyway weigh in figures for this week are as follow;

Starting weight 16 3.5lbs
    Week 3 – 15 11.5lb (lb loss) 6lb overall
    Week 4 – 15 10lbs (1.5lb loss) 7.5lb overall

(BMI now 34.4)

Yay, got my first half a stone. Its slow and steady but I’m reminding myself of the saying the slowest it comes off the slowest it goes on.

Happy fasting

Claire

Hi Claire,
    First off, well done on the weight loss! I can totally relate to all that you’ve written.
    But more importantly, well done on the small portion of chips and recognising that achievement. It’s easy sometimes to get caught up in the numbers and forgetting about the change in mindset. It’s just as important if not more so to be able to control the ‘want’ feelings with food.
    I’ve been doing the FD since mid January and have lost just over 2 stone. Of course i’m really happy about that, but also with my new thinking – I used to drink a lot before I started the diet and now I find myself happily being the designated driver and ordering small glasses of wine when I do drink instead of big bucketfuls like I used to.
    Well done again and keep it going. I found the 4th week quite hard but I slogged through it and soon it started moving again.
    All the best!
    Lotta

Hi all

Hope you don’t mind me joining your chat, well done to everyone on the progress so far

I’m on week 4 a total newbie to the FD I’m loving it’s but this week I seem to be having a meltdown , I’m being so good on non fast days using the my fitness pal app to count cals , I’ve cut out most carbs apart form say n Sunday and swapped to black coffee and doing power walks etc but I feel so bloated this week and having a. Little sneaky peak halfway through my week on the scales no change ………. I should say three weeks I have lost 7lbs which is great but I just want it to continue ……. I’m worried about the body going I to this whole starvation mode thing but if I’m not strict with. Yosef on non fast days I think I will just undo all,the hard work on fast days ……… Omg I’m even sending myself crazy lol lol

Any advice from you long termers would be great
    Xx

Hi Mamabelly:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week, less for most women. Your two pounds a week loss so far will probably result in a ‘plateau’ where you don’t lose for a couple of weeks. That would be normal. Just keep on doing your diet days properly and things should work out fine.

Here are some tips for newbies: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

There is no such thing as ‘starvation mode’ from doing 5:2 or any other standard diet, so you need not worry about it (see the FAQ on the top of the page for confirmation).

Good Luck!

Hello all,

Myggan – thankyou for your comments and support. I absolutely agree that it is the little things that you need to pick up on. My mind has completely changed about food but am aware that I can’t get complacent. Another little triumph I had last week was the fact 2 cream eggs sat staring at me on the kitchen shelf for 2 whole days and I didn’t touch them as I genuinely didn’t want them which is unheard of for me, I even have socks which say chocoholic 🙂

Mamabelly – just keep telling yourself that aslong as you fast for your 2 days and eat sensibly on the others it will loose weight but maybe not regularly. Before when I have dieted I have traditionally had big losses and then nothing for a few weeks and then a big loss again. This time it seems smaller but steadier but I’m sure I will plato at some stage it happens to everyone. 7lbs in 3 weeks is great, well done!

Claire

Hi Claire

That’s kind thank you , I am really pleased and I actually enjoy the fasting not feeling completely uncomfortably full every night going to bed , I refused cake when I took my mum for coffee today woop lol

I will treat myself to a creme egg once I hit a stone .

It is all about it being steady your right not just big losses as it’s more about a lifestyle change than a diet.

Does anyone have sweetener In their coffee , ?? I use to have two sugars but have swapped to sweetener not sure if this has any impact of weight loss

Thanks again xx

Thank you simcoeluv for your reply I see you post a lot on here with very informative info so that’s great I appreciate your encouragement and taking time to reply to my post , very grateful

Ha, ha Claire… Love the idea of choccoholic socks! 😀
    Wonder if there are ones with ‘cheesecake’ on them… 😉
    I too have had moments when I could have had chocolate and decided not to. It’s great to be in control of the ‘craving’… even if it’s just at that particular moment.
    I’m weighing in again tomorrow after 2 fast days on the trot ( I usually do Tuesday and Thursday but not this week) but I had a bad week last week and I think I might be just holding on rather than loosing. We’ll see.
    Good luck and keep it going!
    Lotta

That is brilliant weight-loss mamabelly75, well done!
    And not having cake or pastries with coffee is one of the hardest things so well done there too!
    It’s one of the things I’ve really cut down on, pastries, but every now and then I have one just to treat myself.
    Keep it going and good luck.
    Lotta

Thank you and good luck with the weigh in today xx

Thanks Mamabelly75.
    I surprised myself by loosing 2lb during the week so I must have worked harder at the gym than anticipated.
    Good luck with the fasting!
    Lotta

Well done ladies, some fab results.

I did a back to back fast and lost another 1lb and a half and didn’t feel hungry till this lunch time then ooh dear have just had a takeaway, a glass of wine and a chocolate bar. I know that’s generally not an issue with this diet but I’m meant to be having a good week before I go on holiday.

Oh well, am going to skulk off to bed now to start again tomorrow as am having another fast day

Happy fasting all

Claire

Well done on losing 1lb and a half Claire. Are you having a 3:4 week this week? Is it a lot harder than 2:5? I’ve not tried one yet.
    I did two back to back days as well but am also off on holiday next week so am contemplating doing another day this week to balance out some of the over indulgence I know will happen.
    Might sneak in a fast day on Friday if I can.
    Good luck and have a great holiday.
    Lotta

Thanks Lotta and you have a good holiday too,

Yep I’m going to do a 4:3 this week just because I’m on holiday next week. I’ve done it once before and to be honest don’t think it makes a great deal of difference but just helps me feel in control a bit more as I’ve got hubbies birthday meal out and my brothers and hols so going to do a 16:8 those days to try and get me through without too much of a weight gain.

Claire

Cool. Might try that for myself. Enjoy the hols.
    Lotta

Well back off the hols and have just done that dreaded first weigh in. My plan to maybe try and do a fast or two over my ten days blatantly didn’t happen and in fact I stuffed my face with all sorts of rubbish. It didn’t help the fact that we had different visitors stay with us who being at the sea side all just wanted to go and have fish and chips so my holiday food intake included three visits to the fish and chip shop, two indian meals, lots of trips to the pub and copious amounts of birthday cake as my husband got three of them. The first few days of eating larger amounts than normal I actually felt rather full and bloated and not well at all but it didn’t take long for me to be back in my old eating patterns. Saying that I have been looking forward to getting back to 5:2 all week and haven’t been too concerned about weighing in this morning as I know I can get back to it straightaway as long as I don’t put off getting on the scales. So this weeks weight is as follows;
    Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 5 – 15 11lbs (1lb gain) 6.5lb overall Holiday

So officially 1lb gain though being honest the day I went on holiday (the Friday) I had got down to 15 8.5lb so by rights its more like a gain of 2.5lb! Oh well, for some reason I’m ok with this and now have a good run of 9 weeks before my next holiday to Venice so would really like to get down into the 14’s for that. I was thinking about going at it like a bat out of hell until them with 4:3 every week and being strict on my non fast days but I think I’m just going to continue trying to integrate this woe into my life and if I do it properly I know the weight will drop off anyway. So with that in mind I have two fasts this week today (Tuesday & Thursday.
    Happy Fasting
    Claire

Claire – my situation sounds pretty much like yours. Total overeating and drinking during my week on holiday (3lb on… Aaargh!) but then I thought that might happen… Although a bit shocked at the total weight gain… 🙁
    Just like you I’m glad to get back to order this week with a trip to France in August to focus the weightloss for.
    I find I have been snacking (one of my downfalls) more than before I went on holiday and with the First fast day this week tomorrow and I think it’ll be tough.
    How did you do today and how did you find it?
    All the best!
    Lotta

Hi Lotta,

Sounds like you enjoyed your hols despite the visit to the scales on your return. It’s weird isn’t it how you go back to your old habits and whereas when I’m fasting I wouldn’t even want to eat half a packet of biscuits on my holiday I had no problems at all polishing off loads of biccies and didn’t even give it a second thought. I’m surprised though at how ok I am at putting on weight as before it has upset me but I knew that aslong as I got straight back into fasting I would be ok. So, as for today…… In all honesty its been quite hard and certainly not as enjoyable as before my hols. There is no way on earth I could this week do a back to back fast last I did before I went away. Oh well, almost done now. I’m sure once we both get this week out of the way it will be fine.
    Good luck tomorrow!

Claire

Hi Claire
    Well done for getting through the day so far. Almost there.
    Thanks for the candid answer about fasting today. I think I’ll find it hard too tomorrow but like you I hope it will be easier next week.

Yes it’s a little scary how easy it is to go back to the old ways but I agree it’s not as depressing as before when there was no concrete hope of losing the weight again.
    Now we have a way and we know it works.

Onwards and downwards (on the scales) it is!
    Good luck!
    Lotta

Well another week down and its been a weird old week for me. I did 4:3 to try and shift the weight I put on on holiday and didn’t find my fast days too bad so think I’m back in the swing of it now. Had a bit of a blow out at the weekend so wasn’t too hopeful and also don’t particularly feel like I had lost weight this week so wasn’t too excited about stepping on those pesky scales. However…..
    Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 6- 15 7.5lbs (3.5lb loss) 10lb overall

BMI – 33.9 (Start 35.6)

I actually got a real shock when I stepped on the scales this morning. This is my biggest loss to date and a real boost as I was feeling really fat and sluggish yesterday even at the end of a back to back fast. It has helped that I have found an amazing dress I have promised myself when I hit the stone mark. I have logged most days on my MFP even if that has involved two courses at the pub so that has really helped keep things in perspective. My BMI is now 33.9 so that’s gone down a fair bit aswell. Am going to try another 4:3 this week as not got a lot of time for exercise but not hoping for too much of a loss after this mornings weigh in but another 2 lbs would be nice. My goal is to get down into the 14’s for my holiday to Venice at the end of July so hopefully will reach that. Finger crossed

Claire

Hi all

Congrats on weight loss 🙂

Have had two tough weeks , a hen weekend and a surprise family birthday weekend both resulting in meals out every day and wine wine wine

HELP

i weighed today I was dreading it and I’ve stayed the same as I did 4:3 as I knew was going to be really over indulging on the 3 days non fasting . So although pleased I didn’t put on I’m gutted that two weeks have passed and no loss

I am visual loss person so those little ounces and pounds that slip off the scales keep me going , I need to get focused as I can feel old habits creeping in on non fast days I have an 8 week goal as I’m going to france on holiday so will try really hard.

Hope your all well and any advice or recipes welcome

Good luck all chat soon xx

Hi lotta

I’m a snacker and I need to stop too I’m starting do my own head in lol xx

Hi Claire and Mamabelly75.
    Well done Claire on the weightloss that is amazing! Briliant work. This fasting rewards us when we least expect it. Hope you have an equally good week this week.
    Mamabelly75 – I know the snacking is my big downfall but I feel like I have more control over it now.
    Hope you have a good week too.

I have had a week off fasting this week as I had a horrible throatinfection at the weekend and am on antibiotics now. I will re-start my efforts next week and hope that the scales haven’t changed too much in the upward direction.

Have a good weekend!
    Lotta

Hello Claire and Mamabelly75
    I’m back to a “normal” week this week with fasting Wednesday and Thursday, Logging my food and excercise in MFP.
    This after a couple of unsettled weeks with illness and holidays.
    Amazingly enough I hadn’t put on more than 0.5 kg since my last fastweek so am quite determinded now to get below the elusive 70kg this week. Will have to work extra hard though but it’s good to have small goals to aim for.
    Hope all of you who are fasting today find it easy and good luck for the week.
    Lotta

Hello ladies,

Thins sound like they are going ok for the both of you and hope you are feeling better Lotta its amazing how sometimes life can throw us and the diet a bit of a curve ball. My last week hasn’t been too bad. I knew I had a pretty heavy weekend so did 4:3 again but one of my fast days was Friday which is usually tmy feast day and this was psychologically so hard but I managed sticking to my 500 calories. I haven’t been so good logging everything in my fitness pal this last week so need to pull my finger out and do that. I don’t feel I have changed physically a great deal yet but I had a nice suprise yesterday when I went shopping and whilst I normally just grad the largest size on the rack yesterday I bought two skirts in a large and even the size 16 was too big in some shops. Its weird how it can sometimes show of the scales and not clothes and visa-versa. Anyway I will stop prattling on! My weight for this week is as follows;

Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 7 – 15 6.5lbs (1lb loss) 11lb overall

BMI – 33.8 (Start 35.6)

So another 1lb off and can’t argue with that seen as though I had a good loss last week. Its weird though because I feel like I have lost loads this week but only lost a pound in comparision to last week where I didn’t feel any different but lost 3.5lbs They are such weird things bodies!

Anyway happy fasting ladies, hope we all have a good week

Claire

Hi Claire.
    Well done on the fasting and weight loss. And on the change in size! It’s so uplifting to be able to look at clothes that before you wouldn’t have considered. Isn’t it strange though how conditioned we are to not expect our shape to change but we go by habit for the larger clothes.
    Enjoy the feeling and hope it keeps going.
    I’m fasting today and I’m finding it quite hard. Hard not to eat and to motivate myself to do anything constructive. Was supposed to go for a fitness class but now I can’t because of bad time planning.
    Will be busy this afternoon so just trying to get the hours to pass… Have been feeling cold as well which I am used to on Fast days…
    Right – this just motivated me to go and sort out the garden.
    Good luck and well done again!
    Lotta

Hi Lotta, Thanks for your support and hope you managed to get your garden sorted. That is my task for this afternoon once I get all my marking done. Had a weird week this week as managed my fast but not a great deal more as haven’t felt particularly motivated to watch what I have been eating on the other days but I did 3 fasts to conteract this. I know from previous diets that the 8 week mark is when I wobble so I’m trying to keep my head on the fact this is a life long way of life and not a short fix. Saying that I haven’t found the fast days too hard its at the weekend when I have eaten loads, just because I can. However, maybe Im being too hard on myself as have lost weight this week and the important facts and figures are as follows;
    Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 8 – 15.5lbs (1.5lb loss) 12.5lb overall

BMI – 33.6 (Start 35.6)

So I’m nearly at my first stone marker and I would love to loose the 1.5 lbs that will take me there so that’s my inspiration for this week. Fingers crossed!

Claire

Hi Claire
    Brilliant to hear about your weight loss! That is fab. Well done! Hope this week has gone well too. That first stone lost is an amazing boost and I know so what you mean about the 8 wk thing. It’s like ‘this is routine now’ so it can be hard to keep going but you can do it!!
    I’ve not fasted this week as I’ve been ill (again) with a cold and now sinus pain which is such a boring thing to have when it’s summer.
    Surely that’s a winter thing?!? :-/
    But next week I will be back on and hopefully fit and well again.
    Have a good weekend!
    Lotta

Hi Lotta,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. Hope you are already starting to feel better and back on the fast train. I feel rude as I don’t know much about your fast journey in relation to how long you have been a 5:2’er or how much you have lost?

I haven’t had a bad week and done 3 fast though the last one was nearly 650 calories so not exactly a fast but have still lost 0.5 lbs which is a bit disappointing but a loss is a loss. I have realised I maybe need to do more exercise and for years have really forced myself to the gym and then beat myself up when I don’t go so have decided to do something I really enjoying – swimming. I went for the first time yesterday and loved it so am planning on going again tomorrow. I planning on doing 4:3 again this week as I have a feeling my weight loss would stop if I did 5:2 but hopefully I will get to my 1 stone mark next week. So, my stats for this week are as follows;

Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 9 – 15 4.5lbs (.5lbs loss)13lb overall

BMI – 33.5

Hi Claire,
    Sorry for the absence recently on the forum. I’ve been busy with the kids school stuff lately as they have only 2 weeks left befor the summer hilidays kicks in…:)
    Yes I realised I never properly stated my 5:2 journey… I’ve found it quite hard to talk about mainly because
    I’ve always thought ‘no-one wants to hear me bang on about my ‘diet”, but of course it’s different here… The forum is here to enable us to share our stories… I just have to get used to being a bit more open.
    So anyway… I’m 41 and I started the 5:2 fast diet in the middle of January this year. I was then in the obese BMI range with a weight of 85kg to my 160cm height which put me at 33.2 BMI.
    I’ve always been quite sporty and have a good set of muscles under my ever increasing layer of flab. After having my 2 children (now 7 & 5) and staying home to look after them, I put on more weight and started to get a sore back and knees whenever I tried exercising again.
    I got given the FAST diet book by my mother in law at New Year but not as a slight but just because she’d ordered two. I’d heard if lots of people doing it last year but wasn’t ready then.
    This time it was different. I started and have never looked back! I felt that the first few weeks were quite easy but then I stalled around week 8.. I kept going, loosing on average 0.5 kg a week (sometimes more sometimes nothing) I went from a small size 18 to a comfortable 16 and I have now reached a small size 14 which I still find amazing.
    I now weigh 69 kg with a BMI of 27. My goal was initially 65 kg but I am now aiming for 63 which takes me just below the overweight BMI level (25) of 24.6.
    I keep exercising and fasting and eating very carefully these days. I drink A LOT less alcohol than I used to and that makes a big difference. I have lots of incredibly supportive friends who are very sweet and keep telling me how well I’m doing which makes it so much easier.
    In the last 2 weeks I haven’t manage to fast or exercise due to a horrible strep throat and a nasty sinus infection. But because I’ve been unwell I’ve not eaten much and haven’t put on any weight really. Phew!
    Next week I’m hoping to get back to the routine as there is only 2 weeks to go until the summer break. Right that’s it from me for now! Well done on the progress and good luck!
    I’ll be back next week when the FAST bites again 🙂
    Lotta

Hi Lotta,

Wow your story is very inspirational and really motivational, thank you for sharing as I know it can be a bit weird divulging information. It sounds like you have the way of life well and truly sorted and I think at week 10 I’m just about starting to see this just as part of my week rather than a diet. I’m also counting down to the school holidays but not because I have children but because my husband is a teacher. I must say I’m expected my weight loss to slow down over the summer as I do find it harder to fast when the hubbie is around even though he is really supportive of me though has this week said he is worried my bum is disappearing 🙂

The other thing I have realised is that I have stopped counting on my non fast days and this had led me to spending some days eating rubbish and making not too healthy choices. I don’t want to get into the habit of eating two forms of extremes and so I’m going to make more a conscious effort to eat more healthily on non fast days. I’m doing 4:3 again this week as I don’t think I will have loads of opportunity to exercise. Anyway I will stop wittering on and go onto the all important stats!

Start – 16 3.5lbs
    Week 9 – 15 4.5lbs (.5lbs loss)13lb overall
    Week 10 – 15.3lbs (1.5lbs) 14.5lb overall

BMI – 33.3

Yay, I have reached the 1 stone mark 🙂 It was my goal to reach it for Thursday so am really chuffed that I have met my goal. My next goal is to get into the 14’s for my holiday in Venice in 2 weeks time. So will need to be really careful for the next fortnight to try and get those 3lbs off but have got a quiet fortnight so hopefully will be able to up the exercise.

Happy fasting

Claire

Hi Claire
    Thanks for the comments. They make me feel like sticking to it even more.
    It’s so motivational to read about others progress too.
    That’s great news about your weightloss, great work, well done. I had quite a few weeks around wk 8 when
    I plataued and didn’t move my weight at all but then it got going again. I checked in a few places on these forums and it seems a few people have had the same issue. So well done you for not ‘stalling’ at this point.
    I agree with time it becomes just a part of your week more than a ‘diet’ which is great.

Next monday it will be 6 months since I started this and I must say it’s been the best and most empowering thing I’ve done in a long time. I am hoping that I will have broken 67.5 kg mark so I only have 2.5 kg left to my original goal. But even if I haven’t I’m still so happy with what I’ve done so far.

Fasting today and it’s been ok. Even managed a body combat session although now I’m really hungry… Might have dinner early 🙂

Good luck with the week!
    Lotta

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply.