2 36 hour hast days and some meal skipping?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi

Is it ok to skip meals on non fasting days? I look forward to my fasting days because the following days my tastes completely change, for instance I used to take sugar in coffee and tea and I can’t abide it now. I don’t want to eat chocolate anymore and sweet things taste really sweet. I wondered if skipping a meal here and there would do me any harm.

I ‘skip meals’ all the time on non-fastdays, it’s not a problem.

I tend towards the 16:8 model of eating these days, having most of my calorie intake for any given day in an 8 hour ‘eating window’ during the day. I was always able to go long periods without food as long as I was busy and once I got used to missing out breakfast and lunch on fastdays I just found it easy to do the same on non-fastdays too, as I wasn’t actually hungry, so didn’t need those meals. Now, I sometimes have a ‘lunch’ (usually a hot chocolate as most of my social interaction at work revolves around the occasional coffee shop meet up) but usually I don’t actually eat all day and just have either 500-600 calories on a fastday, or somewhere between 1600-2000 calories on a non-fastday when I get home.

P.S. Sometimes I don’t get home until after 8pm and that’s usually after a good long swim, so no food does not equal no fuel. My fat is my fuel for those swims. Try exercising on an empty stomach it’ll blow your mind – I’m actually appreciably faster when I haven’t eaten a thing all day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.