1st week done and I've gained!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
1st week done and I've gained!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Completed my first week and I have gained 3lbs. Has anyone else experienced this? I stuck to 500 cals on the fast days and calculated my TDEE for the other days and ensured I stuck to it.

Happy to keep going if this is just my body adapting but would appreciate some feedback from people with experience!

Many thanks in advance

Shells

Hi,
    You would have to eat in excess of 10000 calories to gain 3lbs so I doubt that you’ve gained fat.
    Our body weight can fluctuate wildly from day to day. I can weigh 4lbs more in the evening than the morning. There are many factors to be considered, what you’ve been eating as for example, lots of carbs such as bread can cause temporary gains on the scales. Food in transit, if you are constipated or not, retaining fluid, have recently done a heavy workout, and for women hormones and (if appropriate) time of the month can also have a huge bearing on what the scales say, which is not always a true indication of whether you’ve lost any fat. Certain types of medication can also have an effect.
    If you haven’t already done so, take some measurements, waist, chest, hips, thigh etc. Your measurements and the way your clothes feel are often a better indication than the scales.

It will also take your body a while to get used to fasting so be patient, stick with it and remember the average weight loss for women is around 1lb per week.

I expect to see a post from you next week telling us that the scales or the tape measure have proved to you that it works.

Good luck 🙂

Good advice, Amazon.
    Stick with it, Shellbe, and you will find what works and what doesn’t. Sometimes I don’t lose weight on a Fast Day, sometimes I lose 2 pounds. And then there’s what you do and eat on the Slow Days, and that matters, too.
    Good luck. I hope that since November you have been able to make this do-able for you.

I’m on week 3 and I’ve gained 800g! Ive also been strict with it and very careful on my non fast days. I have lost a few cms around the waist and thighs though. So I might give it another couple of weeks to settle

It’s probably just water weight. If your waist and thighs are smaller, you’re certainly losing fat. I bet it will change in a couple days. Hang in there!

Make sure you’re getting plenty of water/liquids, I think I read somewehere your body uses it to flush the fat cells, and certainly if you don’t take enough in, you will retain water and that can increase weight.

Sigh there are a lot of things involved in weight.

I was working really hard with my job for 2 months, but maintained fasting. However my weight moved up from typically around 78kg to as high as 85kg. However I can still ware the smallest clothes I got too, maybe a little tighter but not much.

Now I’m back on the war path and probably will work my weight down some but if I get back to 78kg it will probably be less fat than I had before.

Now over a week my weight can easily very by 5kg. It doesn’t mean much. Watch the fat not the weight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.