18 year old girl just starting ,anyone want to join ?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
18 year old girl just starting ,anyone want to join ?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nadia189 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Hello ,I am a newby here.I am really happy i found this page ,it`s great community.i am looking for people who are just starting and want some support.my goal is to lose about 10 kilos in 4 months .

Hi I would Love to start with you!!
    Although I was on this forum about 3 years ago and did the diet or lifestyle change for a few weeks and had some success I can’t remember what happened …maybe I went overseas I went on a holiday? anyway I stopped doing it but as of yesterday I’ve started again!!! so I had my 500 calories yesterday or slightly under because I actually couldn’t finish all the food it’s amazing how much celery you can have for 20 calories and I’m starting again from this week for maybe the rest of my life I hope..!?!!
    I would love to lose some weight I don’t care how much but I need to see it drop quickly or I get really bored I stopped sugar for 3 months and I lost 1 kilo in the last few weeks I was trying to have a wheat and sugar free day 4 days a week and I put on 2 kilos so for me I need something that will work and I’m hoping that this is it

even if it’s just for the health benefits I’m sure this is the way I should eat for my body

also on my fast days I’m going to be doing a total body Joyce vedral weight workout in the luxury of my own bedroom and on the other days I will walk the dog 1 and a half kms
    As it’s a round trip..750 Mets one way,to the end of the road then back

I live in New Zealand way at the top of the country away from the earthquakes where do you come from?

welcome ,great you want to join .
    I also have had quite some attempt to lose weight but did not see much result.i tried low fat and also low carb diets ,but for some reason i was always falling off the wagon. Intermittent fasting seems more stable lifestyle for me .Today was my second day of fasting .I had really busy day ,was out all the time and had dinner at around 6 pm .During the weekdays i will try to keep this way and fast as long as i can ,not restricting calories though(as i see i dont eat more than 1000 calories) .Every day i start my day with lemon water and drink about 2 litres of water during the day ,it keeps me full ,other than that i take my unsweatened green tea with me and drink all day. so far it has not been really tough and i dont feel very hungry.
    I also try to eat as healthy as i can ,have not used sugar for 4 months now ,do not drink sodas and try to restrict junk food ,sometimes i have to reward myself with it though.
    By the way i am from georgia.i LOVE New Zealand`s beautiful landscapes and nature.

Georgia in America or Europe ?

Wow…no sugar, well done you are my hero !!!
    Second fast day for me today.

If you hardly eat anything, why would you want to lose 10 kilo. Yould be a skeleton !?

Congrats on your day 2. My 3thd day went well also.
    Actually it is the 10 kilos i gained last 1.5 years ,i had quite stressful year and did not look at what i was eating .Some of it may be muscle weight ,because i was lifting weights for several months for my scoliosis .My goal is to lose weight while eating clean and healthy ,if i see even a small result i do not care how much time it will take ,just knowing that at some point i will reach my goal is enough.while i am home i will try to eat during 8 hour window ,but usually i am out all day at uni ,than at library and do not think about food at all ,so in the evenings i have big bowl of veggies and some grains ,also drink green smoothie for nutrients and some fruits.I do not count calories ,i eat unit i am full ,but as it comes out if i do OMAD(one meal a day) it`s below 1000 ccals.
    how old are you? How does your eating routine looks like?
    It`s in europe ,not america.

I’m as old as your mother haha I have a son who is 18 one who is 20 one who is 26 and two girls 14 and 15 so you could be my son’s twin!

My routine involved eating chocolate as soon as I woke up and then eating all day or grazing all day shall we say but as of Monday when it was my first fast day Tuesday and Wednesday involved a lot more mindful eating and also not wanting to ruin what I had done on Monday

so I’m very much more aware of what’s going in my mouth and I know that this is something I can actually do

I can have control over food for at least 2 days of the week and the other days I can kind of try because we are in summer now in New Zealand it is warm and there’s salads and vegetables and tomatoes are $2 a kilo and so things are a lot cheaper which makes it easier to eat healthy

I was doing smoothies as well in the past and I may take that up again now that cucumbers and celery and carrots are cheaper and plentiful and so forth

I’ve also started doing a weight workout each fast day have you heard of Joyce vedral and her DVDs she’s an American lady who is about 75?
    I don’t do the gym!!

Hah ,Thats why i love internet ,it can unite all kind of people from around the world for the same goal .Thank you for your support ,its really helping me and keeps me motivated. Keep your work and set your children good example.
    I checked joyce`s videos , she looks so young and healthy ,but there are only small parts on youtube. i started HIIT(high intensity interval training),i just search it on youtube and do it every other day (to give my body time to recover) .I have heard that it is the best exercise for burning fat.
    On day 4 i was at home all the day and ate during 8 hour .It still counts as intermittent fasting ,but i am not content with how full i am feeling now .Probably i have had too much bread. I am trying to stay away from it but it`s so hard ,in my country we eat it with everything .Maybe i will do 10 days no bread challenge for myself and then it will be easier to cut it out.

They eat it with every meal in France as well it does taste really good though but maybe you just need to have a piece and not all of it like I would

Yea Joyce has been around for about 50 years I think when she did her first videos she was about 56 and last video she was in her sixties

Hit is great, I sometimes do it On a bike

It’s good at your age to want to try and live a lifestyle that will set you up for the rest of your life

so well done!

the health benefits of this I think outweigh the weight loss but over time you won’t put any weight on and your body will be very healthy because of doing this even if it’s 6:1 forever

Hi mika12,

On a more serious note, 18 is a bit young to be fasting. It’s not meant for teenagers whose bodies and brains are still growing. It’s good that you want to be healthy, but you really need to wait another 2-3 yrs before doing fasting.

I wish you well,
    Merry

Meeryme
    Thanks a lot for the information. I will check it out , bacause I do not want to harm my body. I really enjoyed it and was looking forward to continuing it. bad news for me.

Milk I’m a 19 year old male, I need a buddy to fast with too keep me motivated !!

Hi gerkelly97.
    Welcome . are you trying to lose weight? As it comes out I have been too harsh on myself. As much as I liked beeing light all day and concentrate more on studying and mental clearness , I have to wait for several years .as I found out more safer way is to fast 12-13 hours .so I am gonna stick to it during weekdays. Are you doing 5:2 diet or just intermittent fasting?

Hi I’m Bella,

I’ll join. I’m trying to lose weight really bad,so can anyone help me

Hi I’m Bella,

I’ll join.

Hey!!
    I’m 24 just starting this, I’ve done it before and lost 1 stone in 4 weeks.

I am back again to drop some more now 😀

I want to loose a grand total of 3 stone.

Whoop whopppp!

Hi guys. Welcome you all to our little squad.

Can we create a group chat on Facebook or something ? Haha

how did you day go? mine not so well .i binged on food all day .Eating more mindfully tomorrow and the rest of the week .
    Gerkelly97 ,good idea ,how can i find you on fb?

My name is Ger Kelly I’m from Ireland, from a town called Mountmellick, so if you type in “get Kelly mountmellick” you should find me 🙂 my profiler is me in a suit, looking at my phone, it’s in black and white 🙂

me! im 18 too 🙂

Hello everyone, I’m 19 from Edinburgh. I’m new to the 5:2 world but its so lovely to see everyone being so encouraging its so motivating!

As a newbie I am more than open to any advice! I will try some suggestions I have found on here and see what works best for me 🙂

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely sunshine!

– Nadia

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply.