wasted over 30 years dieting.. and I am exhausted

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
wasted over 30 years dieting.. and I am exhausted

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi I,m new …need to lose over 70 lbs.
    Did my first fast yesterday!!
    and excited for this LIFE change..
    I have wasted over 30 years obsessing about my weight !! and I am exhausted..I am excited to have 5 days a week to just eat normal!! I really feel that this is gonna be a good thing for me.
    God bless everyone on there journey!!

Well done Ipnlady. I’m new to this game too and think this lifestyle change is the way for me also. Keep it up!

lpnlady,

I have one over you – I have 47 years of dieting under my belt. Yes it’s exhausting. No it’s not lasting. How can you count calories, carbs, fat grams, Weight Watchers points, whatever all your life and make it a lifestyle??? YOU CAN’T. So the weight comes back.

God bless you too. We can do this.

Hi ipnlady

I envy you finding out about fast dieting when you are still a young woman. This means you can lose your weight and improve your health for the many years to come; making those years to come more enjoyable because you should be more healthy because you’ve been fast dieting for so many years.

Only one word of advice and caution; don’t equate ‘normal’ with ‘as much as you like’ of the foods that cause us to gain weight in the first place. Some people call them ‘feast days’ – I would strongly suggest you think of them right from the beginning as; non-fast days.

Good Luck

Welcome to this new way of life. I would like to echo PreciousBooBoo’s comment.

You will have to continue to watch your calories! On non fast days you have to stay under your TDEE and above your BMR and as you know on your fast days under 500/600 cal.

Now at the beginning you might be thrilled to see how quickly you can lose weight, but the closer you get to your goal the harder it will get and the closer you will have to watch your calorie intake.

At the end of the day the 5:2 diet’s goal is to create a calorie deficit per week and this will work only if you stay under your TDEE on your feed days. So in fact you can eat what you want but not how much you want!

Best of luck,
    Stef.

thanks for the advise 🙂 I ate normal yesterday. (didn’t feel like I could even eat as much as I normally would.). felt bloated I am trying another fast today. and then will try eating normal (TDEE) this weekend.

Well, I disagree that you have to count calories on your “eat” days. For me, that defeats the whole purpose of this way of eating. But I do agree that it’s not a free-for-all eat fest and we must be mindful when we do eat.

Instead of counting calories on my 5 days, I’m changing my old normal way of eating into a new normal. I’m slowing down my eating considerably and waiting 20 minutes for satiety signals to kick in, before I go back for seconds. Studies show that when you eat slowly, you eat less, and I’ve been known to shovel in my food!

I could never stick to this counting every day, but that’s just me.

Joyfulnoise, whatever works for you. If you can estimate your intake and you are under your TDEE on feed days then you will lose weight. I did under-estimate my intake so this did not work for me.
    Stef.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.