Starting tomorrow (2nd June)

This topic contains 77 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cheeseplease 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 51 through 78 (of 78 total)

• Wagons is wagons, CP, rickety wheels and all! Well done on the weight loss so far…from your BMI sounds like you are well on the way!

I did well yesterday, lost a bit more so nearly a stone gone in 6 and a half weeks. Fasting again tomorrow and playing golf so hopefully a bit more gone by Thursday!

Enjoy the sunshine.

MC

Hi CP!

Sorry to have left it a while…been a tad busy finishing off at work. How’s it been going? Hope the wheels have stayed on the wagon!

I’m just 1lb away from target as of today….the rate of loss is slowing but I am confident I can get there before we go off visiting my husband’s kids next month. We head off on 7th Aug for 10 days to see Ron’s daughter and her husband in W Yorks and then his son, his wife and son (Step-grandson…weird!) in Sale, Manchester. I should manage a fast day or two while we’re away so hopefully not too much damage will be done.

Right, off to enjoy the peace and quiet in the garden.

MC

Hi Metchick
    No worries about posting – it’s good to have a life! Ours has been taken over by builders recently – dust everywhere.

Wagon bumping along. I was doing really well, then life got in the way in the shape of my som’s birthday, husband Jim’s birthday and our granddaughter’s birthday within the space of about three weeks. Cue cake, meals out, wine, pudding etc etc and tomorrow we are hosting a BBQ for thirteen – soooo back to FD Monday and toeing the line on non FDs to rein myself back in. You are doing so well, you will be off to the Maintainers thread before the month is out!

CP

Hi Cheeseplease

I don’t envy you the builders – at least the weather isn’t against them at the moment! Must be hard work at the allotment though…

Life has this habit, doesn’t it! I’ve managed to plan FDs pretty well apart from this week. The only day I wasn’t playing golf was Tuesday so that was designated as one but I had an evening social with my Small Group from church. Somehow I managed to resist peanuts, crisps and homemade cookies and nibbled on carrot and cucumber sticks instead. Willpower of that magnitude is unheard of in my world!

Anyhow, hopefully 3 more fast days before we go away. I’m off to watch some of the rugby 7s at the Commonwealth Games. Have fun at the BBQ….I’m guessing hubbie will be in charge of burning, I mean cooking!

MC

*fanfare*

I’ve reached my target weight, in fact I’m 0.8lbs below as of this morning!! I’m going to do 2 more fast days before we go away on 7th August to give myself some leeway…

Hope you’re having a good week, CP. I’m off to play golf (again)….

MC

Bells, whistles, flags, celebrations! Congratulations on your brilliant achievement. It’s taken you less than two months to reach your goal, which I think is fantastic. Here’s a big virtual pat on the back for you!

I am creeping downwards very very slowly – on account of having some very naughty days when not fasting. It’s the FDs that are keeping me at least on an even keel. I know if I stick to my TDEE the rest of the time I will lose faster – but just can’t / won’t do it most of the time! Ah well, it’s all in the right direction and the Trousers of Truth aren’t lying!

Enjoy your success.

CP

Thank you, CP!

Downwards is downwards….and the Trousers of Truth definitely don’t lie! One day at a time…or in my case, one hour at a time…..

MC

Well, I did manage to get to 1.4lbs below target weight….and then we went away for 10 days. No proper fasting days, only a bit of exercise and I managed to put on 4.5lbs. However, I have lost most of that but the weight is very up and down at the moment. Trying another fast day today (not easy when OH buys fresh, warm, crusty bread in Sainsbury’s….) but I want to get to just below target again before I go back to work on 1st September. The less than summery weather is not helping….!

How’s it going, CP?

MC

Hi Metchick, great to get the update. I am sure you will soon be back on track. Isn’t that what is so great about this WOE, I just love it.

The change in the weather has lifted my spirits. Got out cooler weather chinos, needed a belt (yay). Got the belt out, not enough holes, wow! The Trousers of Truth and the Belt of …..?

I am quite content with my weight even though there are a few pounds to my rather arbitrary goal. I don’t want to look “scraggy” after all! I have just realised that it’s September on Monday – where did the summer go? We are planning on going away for ten days or so in the motorhome, going to Snowdonia, Chatsworth in Derbyshire for the annual Beyond Limits sculpture exhibition and maybe visit old friends, and then possibly Yorkshire. That should put paid to the diet for a bit, but it’s so reassuring to know you can jump back on the wagon!

CP

Great news, CP about trousers and belt. I’ve been racking my brains and so far no inspiration regarding Belt of …..?

Yes, it may be September on Monday but it looks like the weather is going to cheer up which is rather annoying being back at work but I will get some golf in before it goes completely bonkers with my teaching load.

Your motorhome trip sounds lovely. We were in W Yorks earlier this month visiting OH’s daughter and her husband – lovely part of the world – just a shame it was raining this time!

The scales were good news again this morning and I’m back to within 0.4lbs of target although I’ve decided to revise it downwards slightly to give myself some breathing room as we’re off to our little boat in St Lucia at the end of November for 8 weeks.

Have a good rest of week, CP and enjoy the sunshine when we get some!

MC

All well in sunny Warsash. I’ve managed to lose the gains from the holiday and a bit more….nearly 19lbs gone in total!

How was the trip, CP?

MC

Hi Metchick
    I am at 18 lb loss so following behind you! I have substantially reduced carbs and that is working well.

We are off to Wales tomorrow, then to Yorkshire, back to Derbyshire and then home via lunch with a close friend in Birmingham. Ten days in all, but as lots of walking involved I may allow myself a little indulgence of a biscuit or two and a glass of wine or three!

St Lucia sounds fab, I bet you will have a bikini body by then!

CP

Way to go, CP!! I reckon the walking definitely entitles you to a indulgence or three.

I must confess to a large cream tea yesterday – seems to be becoming a regular occurrence on a Sunday! It was at the end of a lovely drive into the New Forest but very little walking done as I’d forgotten suitable footware – doh!

Really looking forward to getting back to St Lucia. We’ve bought the air tickets now so rather poor but given me plenty of incentive to stick with 5:2.

Right, better get back to the marking…..have a fab trip – look forward to hearing about it on your return.

MC

I’m guessing you’ll be back very soon, CP. Hope you’ve had a fab time – weather has been amazing here, hope it was the same for you!

MC

Hi Metchick
    Yes, we are back. The weather was wonderful, never had the like in Snowdonia! We had planned on moving on after a few days but it was so lovely we didn’t want to move on, so made the most of it. Needless to say, wine was drunk, Welsh cakes were consumed and any thoughts of FDs went out the window! Haven’t dared to get on the Scales of Deceit, but am trying to knuckle down. How about you, have you got that bikini yet?

CP

Hi CP! So glad you had good weather and certainly can’t blame you for making the most of it in Snowdonia!

Holidays should be about letting our hair down in all sorts of ways. I expect you will be avoiding the Scales of Deceit for a while (always the best way, I feel) and I’m sure you’ll be on the downward trend again soon.

I’ve not bothered with a new bikini as the ones I bought last year will do for another season (even if the tops are a smidgen on the big side now!).

Work is hectic which works brilliantly on my FDs. Darling OH doesn’t want me to lose any more weight so I’m trying 6:1 and monitoring what happens. We did have a weekend with friends last weekend as were fed a watered very well but a FD on Tuesday seems to have sorted the damage out.

How’s things on the allotment? We have a single dwarf apple tree in our garden (not of our doing) and it had very little blossom this year and produced a grand total of 6 apples. The last 2 years’ crops were huge so not sure what happened this year.

Right, off to veg in front of the TV for an hour.

Take care and keep in touch.

MC
    x

Hi Metchick
    Well done on reaching maintenance level, what an achievement! I am still trugging on with twice weekly but am looking forward to dropping down to once a week – although I do quite like the discipline of the FDs (today being one of them). I have noticed the effect on my top half as well, a definite reduction and have had to change to a smaller cup size – I hope I don’t lose too much more in that area as I am now in an AA – at this rate I will be in one of those teenage trainer bras!

The allotment is terrifically weedy! I am paying for going away, but it was lovely to be up there yesterday, it is very scenic, on a hill with a view of the church spire. We don’t have room for trees as we only have a half plot, but we do have a new apple tree in the garden which my husband was watching in anticipation – sadly most of the apples (seven in all) were eaten by the birds. I have planted far too much of certain things – too many potatoes (especially as I am cutting down on carbs), courgettes (a fridge full) and chard (getting bored with this now), so lessons to be learned (it is my first year after all!)

This weather is wonderful!

CP

x

Hi CP! Sorry for the delay in replying….life has got a bit manic. I’m busy teaching now and have a large marking pile.

I’m managing to maintain on one FD a week although I might need to up it to two as the cold weather has increased my appetite, especially at the weekends when I’m not as busy.

The allotment sounds wonderful. Where are you?! We’re lucky to be close to the sea (well, Southampton Water and the Solent) so we have varied walks to do although the weather is making that more and more difficult. Didn’t we have a wonderful September?!

Right, off to impart some knowledge……

MC
    x

Hi MC
    No worries about the delay – life has a habit of getting in the way.

We are on the outskirts of Petersfield, lots of lovely countryside around. The allotment is a ten minute walk away. I thought you might be seaside-ish as you are yachties!

I have got myself a pedometer and trying for 10,000 steps a day. I may be getting a little fixated, I find myself walking on the spot whilst brushing my teeth to make up the count – sad or what :-)) good job no one is watching. I imagine with all your golf you would find it a doddle.

Life sounds hectic for you. I hope it’s not going to be rain here on in, I swear I am already getting SAD!

Don’t work too hard :-))

CP
    X

Yes, we’re in Warsash so there are some lovely walks to be had. It’s just a shame the centre of the village is dominated by two car showrooms!

I’ve used a pedometer quite a bit in recent years as we have Pedometer challenges regularly at work. Golf does indeed contribute significantly to my totals! And I can totally relate to the walking on the spot bit.

Life (well, work) will be bonkers this week as I have an assessment to administer tomorrow which has to be marked and returned by Thursday as they have another assessment on Friday! No peace for the wicked….

I’m afraid I can offer you no hope regarding the weather. Autumn looks to be well and truly here to stay……

Have a good week!

MC
    x

Hi MC
    How’s it going – a hectic week? Who are you assessing and what for??

I had to share the recent high (or low). I had on a size 14,Fat Face top and it seemed a bit on the large side. I know they do come up large anyway. I took myself off to the shop to replace it – and for a bit of retail therapy. I picked up a 12 and the girl in the shop warned me about them coming up big and urged me to try a 10 – well it fits!!! OK, there is no way I am a 10, but it looks like I might be a 12. Bearing in mind I was just going into a 14 when I got married xxxxx years ago, I am just so tickled pink, trying very hard not to wear it inside out ….

How is life on the old 6:1? Have you had to add in another FD now and then? Seems to be the way from the maintainers thread I have read.

CP
    X

Whoop whoop, CP – that’s fantastic!! Yes, I am aware the Fat Face does come up a bit larger but who cares?!

Work is manic. Last week I did 6.30pm, 7pm and 6.30pm on consecutive days and took marking home on the Friday (so I could slope off early to play golf!). I am teaching maths to the entry course on the Deck cadet HND (GCSE mostly) but we cram it all into 8 weeks and expect the poor chaps to be able to consolidate it all (which on the whole they can’t). To add to the pressure, rather than passing the exam at 40%, they now have to provide evidence through assessments that they can meet 21 different assessment criteria. They get multiple attempts for each one and I have to mark all the assessments which so far has been 3 in 5 weeks. There’s another one at the end of the week, and two more before the teaching ends on 7th November. Then the End Exam in the exam week followed by a resit the following week followed by one to one Professional Discussions if they still haven’t met all the Assessment Criteria. I will be away for that part, and bad management means that it looks like there aren’t lecturers around with maths experience who can do them…. I am now waiting to be told that I can’t go on leave at the end of November! That will cost them as I’d have to rearrange 2 flights (me and OH) plus the admin fees (£100 each!). Hey ho, such is life.

How is it going on the allotment? Still fruitful?

I’m maintaining reasonably well on 6:1 with the occasional 5:2. I may need another blitz just before we go away! I do eat c**p occasionally but it’s great to know that I can repair most of the damage with a FD or two.

Are you maintaining now?

Oooops, is that the time?! Better get on with dinner! Have a good week.

MC
    x

Wow MC, I feel exhausted just reading that – what is this the pass rate? I hope you don’t lose your November trip, you have definitely earned it.

No I am not maintaining, still on the twice a week wagon due to my wine/cheese/chocolate addiction! Twice a week enables me to be naughty AND still slowly lose a few ounces a week. I am a bit nervous of dropping it down to once a week.

The allotment is winding down now, although I do have garlic to plant and broad beans to sow. I shall be getting a good workout soon as I have ordered 40 bags of organic stable manure, half of which are for the lottie, to be dug in – deep joy!

I have also started a Body Balance class for extra exercise. I was surprised at just how energetic it is, bearing in mind it advertises itself as calming and centring – yes, but with a raised BP and heavy breathing! Does your golf wind down over the winter?

Have a good one.

CP x

Hi CP. How the time flies! Sorry for the delay in replying. Work is manic to say the least but at least my teaching hours have reduced significantly. Just got to get a resit exam marked and all the paperwork produced for their final attempt to pass in the form of a Professional Discussion (oral exam effectively). I won’t be around to administer them so I’ll have to do the prep and fully brief the lecturer who is!

Can’t believe we fly to St Lucia in 2 weeks. We’ve had the boat on the market for a month and it looks like we have a buyer. It’s great news but very, very sad and my OH is struggling with it all. He knows it’s the right thing to do and he’s stopped worrying in the wee small hours about it all but having been part of the family for 20 years, it’s going to be very difficult to say goodbye, not only to the boat, but to a wonderful group of people who we’ve got to know and love in St Lucia. I’m sure we’ll go back but it won’t be the same….

I can sympathise with the cheese and chocolate addiction! It’s very dark chocolate that’s my downfall but thankfully it’s difficult to consume too much in one sitting (although I have been known to give it a try!). How’s it going with the digging in of manure?! And how are you getting on with Body Balance? Not heard of that….

We managed 9 holed of golf yesterday afternoon which was a bonus as I’d pretty much given up on playing again this year. It was very we underfoot after the morning rain but the sunshine was delightful – what a privilege! We’ll start again next year, probably in March but it depends on the weather – neither of us does cold very well!

Right, better get on with some admin – got Christmas cards to write and several birthday cards to organise for when we’re away.

Hope you’re having a good weekend!

MC
    x

Hi CP! How are you?

I’m back on the Fast Train having returned from St Lucia 3 and a half weeks ago with a bit of a spare tyre….then proceeded to gain another 5lbs! This weather is really getting to me but I’m determined to be on a downward trend by my birthday on 7th March (it’s a biggie……).

How are you getting on? How’s the allotment? We have a stack of clearing up to do in the garden…not sure it’ll all get done before it starts sprouting again! Also hoping for some action in our two nest boxes. We did spot some mating frogs in our pond the other evening but no sign of frogs spawn yet….

Right, better get on with some lesson prep.

MC
    x

Hi MC, good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a great time away – maybe too good a time?! I have also gained some unwelcome pounds over Christmas etc and finding it hard to get going again with the FD. I am ok until it comes to the evening meal and then I can’t seem to stop myself just nibbling on a bit of cheese, a few nuts etc, and it all goes to pot. Must try harder!

We have put our broad bean plants in now, and we also have garlic on the go as well as leeks and kale. We are going to be away for all of May – to France in the motorhome – so shall have to get organised. I’ve a
    So started volunteering for the CAB which is taking up quite a bit of time as I have a days training plus a day in the bureau and then all the studying in between. Plus there’s my French course (in readiness for said trip) so I’m a busy bee at the moment. It will be good when the training stops, although the learning never ends – as you know.

So, I must get into shape before the baguettes and cheese fest – so any words of inspiration?

CP xx

Well, CP, rather a lot of time has elapsed! Shame the summer never quite arrived….but I imagine the allotment is flourishing.

Hope you had a good time in France. Plenty of cheese consumed I hope!

I never quite managed to get back into the groove and I’m back to my weight post Caribbean. Looking back, I was also playing golf 3 or 4 times a week this time last year. Alas, due to OH’s health, we’ve only managed once a week at best and only 9 holes so that could explain the lack of weight loss!

We’re just back from 10 days split between his 2 grown up children, a daughter in W Yorkshire and a son in Manchester. We had a lovely time, ate far too much (including plenty of cheese from the Wensleydale creamery, yum!) but it was lovely to spend time with them – I couldn’t wish for lovelier step children and step grand-child.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and the family. How’s the CAB work going?

MC
    x

Well hi yourself MC, and how splendid, albeit rather spooky to hear from you. I was gazing glumly at the scales the other day (well what I could see of the scales past my stomach ha ha), and idly wondered how you were doing – and up you pop!

The summer has indeed been so so. France was great thanks, but too much cheese, wine, artisan bread, little patisserie, etc etc. that and a long line of visitors and finishing off grandchildrens puddings has blown the diet out of the water. See, I haven’t called it a way of life even!!! Must must get back on track, shall we make a pact? Unfortunately (well not really) we are off to Croatia for 8 days on Monday and I just bet they have some yummy things to eat and drink. ……. There’s always an excuse isn’t there?

The lottie is busy growing marrows out of courgettes with all this rain, and some stuff still playing catch up from us being away in May. The CAB is great, so much so that I have signed up for Adviser training in September which is quite full on for some months. That and the French lessons should keep me out of trouble!

Sorry to hear about health problems, is it something that will resolve itself or a slow age related decline? My own activity levels have been low of late. New start come Autumn- how about it?

CP x

Viewing 28 posts - 51 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply.