Newbie time to change for good!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  loadstolose 10 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi I’m starting tomorrow, it really is time to make a change. I am atleast 2.5 stone overweight and in my 40’s.
    I did slimming world for a while and did lose weight but then I was diagnosed with colitis and ended up on steroids, which has now seen me gain everything I lost and alot more!!
    I have been looking at diets and I feel this one is the right one for me, if I don’t eat breakfast I can go until the afternoon without eating, yet if I have breakfast I then am constantly picking!
    So tomorrow is the start of the rest of my life 🙂

Hi there,

welcome to Intermmittent Fasting. I started on Jan 6th and have lost a stone, so an definitely tell you it works.

If you look at the forums different things work for different people, some save all 500 for a happy “feast” at the end of the day, some skip breakfast and have a light lunch and slightly bigger dinner. I’m a breakfaster and a no luncher!!

Anyway well done you on making a positive decision to get started and good luck on your fasting journey – you’ll love it I promise x

Thankyou 🙂 I think I will try and save everything up for later as i can skip breakfast just see how lunchtime goes! Congratulations on your fantastic weightloss 🙂

hi, welcome!
    i did the 5:2 diet last year for a few months and lost 13lbs, my husband 1.5 stone. we then let the diet slip after our wedding but we’re both back on it now, i have already lost 7lbs in 2 weeks, so it does work!
    if you haven’t already got michael’s book i’d highly recommend you get it (only £3 in most supermarkets) – last year i did the diet just from what i had read on the internet and seen on tv, but the book gives you such a better understanding of the deeper/metabolic benefits and really helps you ‘stick with it’.
    good luck! 🙂
    gemma

Hi Gemma, Thankyou, Good to read your weight loss well done. I have got the book,i bought it last year fully intending to start but had a bad flare with my illness so ended up on steroids and any thought of dieting went out the window.
    Have read it cover to cover a few times to get my head round it all. Its time to sort myself out once and for all,my weight is the highest its ever been and as my dad is diabetic i know its something that could easily happen to me if i dont tackle it now 🙂 Mia

How did your first day of fasting go Mia?

Hope you didn’t find it too hard.

I’m fasting tomorrow 🙂

Gail
    x

Hi Gail

I survived!!, it was ok,got to 4pm before eating,had lots of water and that helped, although now i have a terrible headache but other than that i actually feel better not so sluggish.
    Hope your day goes well tomorrow Gail.
    Mia x

Well done on your first day Mia, the hardest thing is starting and as you find what works for you it gets easier and just a way of life, (although I still have odd days where I literally think I could eat a scabby donkey!) I too save all my calories for the evening and the later I can eat the easier I find it.

Good luck on your new journey, I am sure you will feel the benefits in no time.

Rach x

Thanks Rach 🙂

Evening Mia,

hope things are still going well for you. Bet you have a good feeling for your achievements so far.

Have fasted again today – I had an egg and a slice of ham for breakfast, then nothing but drinks til dinner. Tonight I had Huevos Rancheros from the Fast Cook Book ( basically tomatoes, chilli, pepper, bit of onion, and two eggs cooked in the sauce), it was ok but I did miss having rice or something with it.

xxx

Hi Hilly66

it was a normal day for me today but i really struggled to eat, i found i wasnt hungry at all this morning. I finally had breakfast about 11am, i found that im looking at everything i eat, i think i just need to get my head round it abit more. Fast day tomorrow,hoping for no headache

I think i need to get the cook book for more ideas 🙂

Hi there, forgot to say the two most common causes of the headaches is lack of fluids or more commonly caffeine withdrawal. Have a black coffee or if like me you don’t like it black, have a dash of skimmed milk in your tea or coffee (14 calories).

Enjoy your freedom from food tomorrow.

Gail x

Thanks Gail,its caffeine withdrawal then, I drink far too much tea normally and really cut back yesterday,have tried not to drink as much today too 🙂
    Mia

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.