Newbie starting to feel HUNGRY!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  flower power 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, this is my first day and I really want to kick it this time. Tried before on so many diets but I need this to be a change of life rather than a fad. I’m hoping we can all do this journey together and fingers crossed we can achieve our goals.

Feeling really hungry and got a headache event though I have drunk a load of water today (I’m usually naff at the water stuff, even though I know it’s a big key to lose weight! I guess I wouldn’t be the size I am if I did everything correct!!

How do you keep going on this? Huge question I know but any clues would be great. Cheers Bar

Bar, some days are harder than others, and the first couple of fasting days are often the hardest. I started last August and have lost 38 pounds so far. I figure with this, I can put up with being hungry 2 days a week, whereas with daily calorie restriction I was hungry almost all the time and could only lose about a pound a month. Some fasting days I really don’t even get hungry any more, but on most I do, at least for a while; the hunger eventually goes away once my stomach figures out I’m not going to feed it. Distraction helps. For some reason moderate physical activity, such as taking a brisk walk, helps. Just knowing it *will* eventually go away helps. Of course, once you see results, it’s easier to keep going, because you know it’s worth it. I’m not sure about the headache, others may have more advice on that. Fresh air might help. Hang in there, it’s worth it!

Just wanted to say, hang in there Bar and well done for fasting today. You’ll notice that you may appreciate/enjoy the hunger pangs as you do more fast diet days. Well done on the water intake! Hot herbal tea may take your mind off your hunger. Distract yourself with a chore/hobby/friend etc.

I’m feeling peckish now too and feel your pain! Good luck

Hi and thank you for your replies. Will keep going as the results seem to be amazing and so want to feel better about myself. Chat soon and again thanks for your help.

Hi all, this is my second week on 5:2 diet. Weighing is tomorrow. Was meant to fast for 3 days this week,after having lots of choc over Easter. Today was my 3rd in a row but i think my body had enough and i got really light headed and very sleepy, than had to break it but never went over board with dinner. Glad i have found another thread for 5:2. X

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.