New at this!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone, I have just finished day 2 of my first week. I must say I didn’t find it as hard as I thought. Currently I am having breakfast and then eating again about 7 pm at night. I’m a little confused because I thought from Michael’s book the aim is to go 12 hours without eating, so my breakfast sets my dinner time. However, from some of the posts I have been reading here people are doing quite different things and don’t appear to be adhering to the 12 hour fast. Am I interpreting incorrectly? Have also noticed I don’t feel inclined to eat so much on the non fasting days as what the fasting has highlighted to me is exactly how much I eat from habit – a lot!

Hi and welcome:

There are no time or hour requirements between meals. 5:2 works on calorie restriction. Some people eat three times a day, some graze all day, some eat once in the evening, and many don’t eat at all. The key is to eat 500 or less on your diet day.

Here are some tips: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum!

I have been doing a combination of 5:2; 4:3; ADF; 16:8; 22:2, with the last two numbers being the time between meals. It is beneficial apparently the longer you fast between meals.

So in my case I eat for example my last dinner at 7 PM on a Sunday night. Monday is then my fast day and I would not eat anything until dinner time 7 PM again. This gives me a fast of 24 hours. Tuesday is then a feed day, but I would only eat my breakfast after 11 AM which gives me a fast of 16 hours.

I have to say though that I am not doing this religiously every day, but I do try to do them as often as possible.

Those fasting periods are apparently good for your body to give it a rest and it can repair itself.

Best of luck,
    Stef.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.