My positive Forum by DD: Jan 5th start date

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  msjaffacake 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

• I thought I would start my own forum, as I read everyone’s post and believe me, its kept me motivated and there is so much information which has helped me continue with positive results on this new change of life living, is what I call the 5:2 Fast Diet.

I am now on my 3rd week. I have done a total of 6 fasting days. However, only 1 of the the fast days I stuck to 500 calories, the other 5 I had anywhere between 600-800 calories. On my non-fast days I eat about 1000-1200 calories and I work out about 6 days a week.

I have successfully lost 7 pounds so far. I lost 5 pounds the first week, a pound the 2nd and 3rd. I heard that is the normal weight loss on this diet, a pound a week.

I am sure it will still be a struggle for me, but I am keeping positive that I will reach my goal by the end of May 2015 of a weight loss of 24 pounds. Only 17 more pounds to go!!

Keep up the good work everyone, and keep posting away. I love reading all these forums!!

Happy Friday and keep up the great work!!

Dawn

Hi Dawn
    I started on 5th January too. I always keep well under the 500 limit on fast days and try to be under my TDEE on non fast days. It probably makes a difference that you work out 6 days a week. I am not that good, I do some moderate exercise every day, just enough to get my heart working. I will do more in the summer.
    My 6th fast day today, doing really well up to now.
    I need to lose about 20 – 25 lbs, 7 lbs gone already.
    We can do this!!

Awesome Job Applepie!! So we are on the same weight loss plan, I see!!

Keep up the great work!!

Yes, we can do this.

Feel free to keep checking in! 🙂

Well I am done with week 4 of this awesome change of life way of eatting and I am happy to say I am down 8.5 pounds!! I even went out last night and enjoyed a slice and a 1/2 of pizza and a few glass of Cab!! Although, I do find drinking alcohol increases my appetite in the morning. Prior, I have found I am not all that hungry in the morning.

My fast days are going really well, I am at the point now I actually forget to eat, I bring my lunch to work everyday. Still eatting 2 boiled eggs and a piece of Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanutbutter everymorning. I munch on carrots and cucumber througout the day, sometimes I dip them into this yogurt chipotle dipping sauce just to spice things up!

My energy level on my fast days are amazing! Although, the Green Tea with Lemon Ginsing probably helps me a bit!

How have you been doing Applepie?

I hope everyone is still going strong!

Well done on your 8.5 pounds loss. 2 boiled eggs??? I used to work as a carer and one of the ladies I cared for had 2 boiled eggs every morning, it put me off for life haha!

I am fasting today, this is my 3rd fast this week because last week I put a pound on 🙁 On Tuesday I had a zero calorie day, it was surprisingly easy.
    Today is going ok, 0% yogurt for breakfast, fuet and olives for dinner (we live in Spain) homemade pea and ham soup for tea (I am from Manchester) will end up around 360 calories altogether. Tomorrow evening we are going out for a meal with a neighbour who is out on holiday this week, we can’t really say no. Anyway I intend to enjoy it!

Weigh day for me is Monday, and as it will be the 1st Monday in the month that means measurements too. Hope I have good news …….. I flippin hope so after 2 fasts and a zero calorie day!

Even though you gained a pound, you may of lost inches, so please don’t let that measly pound distract you. Keep on keeping on!

I have yet to measure myself, that will be on my to-do list this weekend.

That is awesome, 2 0 calorie days. I may give that a try next week to see if will boost my metabolism.

Good luck on you weigh day and measurement day…keep me posted, Applepie!

Only one zero calorie day, I am not that good!

Hi DD and Applepie
    I have also got 20-25 pounds to lose. I started last Monday (for the second time.. the first was in the summer then went to pot after a holiday and Christmas). My weigh in day is Friday after my second FD and found that I’ve lost 3 lbs since Monday. I’m really pleased with that so now my next challenge is not to blow it by going mad over the week-end. I’m not sure if I could manage a 0 cal day…I really look forward to my 500 cals in the evening!!!! But well done Applepie for doing that. That 1 lb on will mean nothing in the “big picture”.

Hi Pag9667, welcome! I never in a million years thought I could manage a zero calorie day but you know what, it was dead easy!
    I had a good fast day yesterday, 360 calories, I always stay well below the 500 allowance. Weigh in on Monday, I think weighing in the day after a fast day gives a false impression, I would rather hear the worst and work on it.
    Have a great weekend. We can do this!!

Welcome Pag9667! Awesome job on the 3 pound loss!

Hi. I started Jan 12. And have lost no weight since I started. My BMI is 20. TDEE 1600. I have a personal trainer one day a week and I train myself on the other 3. Feeling very demotivated. I tend to meet the TDEE or below on NFD. And meet the 500 or below on FD. Am I missing something? I only want to lose 7 Lbs and get the other benefits from IFD.

Hello
    I am new here!
    After having yo yo diets for as long as I can remember, I find it really hard to lose weight, and when I do I seem to put it all back on really easily. I am coming up 30, and my doctor said I was “overweight” because my BMI was in that section. Since then its really brought me down. I am getting married at the end of the year, and would like to be happy with how I look. Apparently to be in the “normal” range I need to lose about a stone and a half!! 🙁 Its the motivation thats hard, I love food (bad stuff) too much!
    Never tried this 5:2 diet. What stuff can I eat on the non fasting days? Obviously after reading your posts, you seem to be getting to your goals successfully 🙂 I need to keep my goals small I think. Are we allowed alcohol? x

Welcome msjaffacake and x1LDV.

My BMI states I am overweight but what BMI does not know is I have a lot of muscle which ways in on that scale, as they say, muscle weighs more than fat, so don’t let that BMI make you think something your not.

It will be a month February 5th since I started this diet, 8.5 pounds later, I fell pretty good and I can actually tell I’ve lost weight, I want to lose another 16 pounds by the end of May, which, if I keep following this diet, I am sure I will reach that goal.

So msjaffacake you want to lose about 21 pounds? You can do it. Non fast days you can pretty much eat about anything as long as you say with in your calorie range, you can find that on the very first page how much calories you can consume a day. I can eat anywhere between 1300 calories to 2100 calories because I work out actively, at least 6 times a week. However, I am finding it hard to even eat 1200 calories. I track my calories on My Fitness Pal. My non fast days and fast days always start, generally, with 2 boiled eggs and a piece of toast. I usualy have 1 tblsp of peanut butter on my toast. I really not hungry until dinner time but I do have a salad or a sandwich for lunch.

Yes, you can drink alcohol, but I would limited as much as you can. My husband and I are both doing this diet and we limit alcohol to the weekends.

Give yourself a week on this and I bet you will be very happy with your first weeks weight loss. I did not drink for 9 days in the very beginning and lost 6 pounds with in a week and a 1/2.

Keep me posted on your progress. 🙂

End of my 5th week and I gained 1.5 pounds. I know its because I had a lot going on this week, only worked out 2 days this week, drank cocktails 3 days this week do to social events, and my fast days were not the best. But I am not giving up, today is another day and next week I think I will do a 4:3 week. Anyways, hope everyone is having success still and we just gotta keep on keeping on even if you have a uneventful week.

I’ll check in next week!

Hello
    Ive been doing well this week, my fasting days were pretty tough, I have a physical job, so was getting pretty hungry/weak but I managed it! Last night (non fast day) I had a take away, but I counted it into my 200 calories, so hopefully that hasnt ruined it. I will weigh myself Mon and let you know, how much, if any, I have lost! well done DawnieDawn, for getting back into so quickly rather than giving up! 🙂

*2000 calories, not 200!

End of our 6th week and I lost the 1.5 pounds I gained last week, plus .5 pounds, I am down 9 pounds in 6 weeks! That is great since the goal is only to lose 1 pound a week. My husband is down 12 pounds!!

I finally fit into my jeans from last spring!! Slowly but surely I am getting there.

My fast days are going great. I am hardly even hungry, not to mention, on my non-fast days, I barely get over 1000 calories.

I am still rocking it out with Zumba 6 days a week, you would think with me working out like a mad woman I would drop the pounds quicker, but not sure how the science works in all that.

Applepie, pag9667, X1LDV, and Msjaffacake, how are you all doing?

Wow Dawniedawn, great news about your last spring’s jeans! Well done!

I am starving right now. We are having turkey curry tonight with a bottle of wine, and I am going to enjoy every single mouthful. It smells delicious hmmm.

I did a 350 calorie fast on Monday, then a no food day on Tuesday, then a 350 fast again yesterday. I am amazed at myself, I would not have believed I could do it, but it works, it’s easy and I am in control of what I eat and when. Win, win,win, win!

I have lost 10lbs up to now. Next weigh in Monday.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi all, well done Dawniedawn and Applepie.You are my roll models!!! I stayed the same this week but I feel as though I have lost a little (I think I might be constipated 🙁 ….anyone else have this problem?).My fasts have been going well thanks to herbal tea and weakish cordial with fizzy water.

Hi Pag9667,my OH says he hasn’t been since last Saturday!!! I had the opposite problem after my no food day, good job I was at home on Wednesday! As long as we lose weight, who cares?

The turkey curry was delish! now just finishing off the white wine,as you do, might have a cherry liqueur 🙂

Hi again. I weighed myself on Mon and I lost 3 pounds in my first 5:2 week! :)That was as well as that takeaway. I hadnt done any “extra” exercise, although my job is quite physical. I went swimming once this week it was actually on a fast day, so I didnt have that much energy to do it 🙁 Well see again on Mon. Glad everyones is going well. Stick in there!! xx

Applepie I think I am in sync with your OH there MUST be a weight loss when it happens surely !!!I’ll keep you posted!!!!!!!

Awesome job msjaffacake. And PAG9667, I had a small issue with constipation in the beginning but haven’t had any issues since. Maybe add some fiber into your diet. And Applepie, I like the idea of your calorie intake 350, zero, 350. I am fasting today and I am trying to eat as little as possible. May do fast day #2 tomorrow, which would be back to back.

This weekend went pretty good but its tough for me to be good. I guess as long as I am on track during the week, its ok to be bad, on occassions, on the weekends.

I am going to Florida in 7 weeks…I would love to lose at least 10 pounds.

Have a super week everyone!!

Major disaster here today!! The scales are not working! They needed a new battery, which of course I got in plenty of time for our Monday weigh in, but the display just says error. I have tired different batteries, jumping on it, bashing it, everything, to no avail 🙁

Having a fast day. I had a rice cake with a very thin coating of cream cheese for dinner. Carrot and lentil soup for tea. I am sure that is well within the 350 calories I allow myself. Fasting again on Wednesday, then a zero food day on Thursday.

PAG my OH went properly as he says on Saturday. He is hoping it won’t be another full week before he goes again 🙂 Hope you are ok.

Ok I weighed myself today, and I lost NOTHING, but gained NOTHING. I am the exact same weight right to up to the 1/8th of a pound! I suppose thats ok. Fast day today. Good luck with this week everyone! x

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply.