Just starting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’ve been failing to be as good as I should be every day of the week. So the idea of only worrying about it 2 days a weeks seems to be achievable.

I’m female, 38, 5’3″ and 11st 7lb, BMI 28.5. The heaviest I’ve ever been. Hoping to get down to 11st as my first goal then ultimately 10st.

I did my first fasting day yesterday after an indulgent weekend of family and feasting.

It was as bad as I expected but the thought that I could eat normally the next day was highly motivating.

I have been following the C25K running plan (my way) for the past 16 months. Hope to complete that in the next 3 months. Not quite sure how that is going to work with fasting!

Here we go

Hi, hope you are still doing well, this is my 4th fasting day so only two weeks into 5-2 I lost 3 lb the week and I only wanted to lose about 8 lb I will be weighed in Weight Watchers on Tuesday morning, I am doing WW the other 5 days. So I will keep you posted. Good luck.

Woo hooo

Good luck Thermainermal and Jipwgp well done you!

I can’t wait to be able to post a loss even if it’s just One pound Woo hoo!!

well hello everyone, I am starting my first fast day tomorrow… I know I can do this as I have done a 3 day juice cleanse before…. I already train hard in the gym and don’t have any issues with that, I will be fasting on my rest days…. I am starting with one day, should I do 2 days right away??

Hi brigee and welcome. Best advice is read the book and forum comments including the FAQ. Ultimately work out what suits you best. This way of life is flexible and each individual can adjust his or her fast days to suit themselves, their health and lifestyle.
    Good luck and keep us updated.

Welcome to the forum!

As Couscous is saying we all have to adapt this style of living to our personnel needs. If one day of fasting works for you then by all means start this way. Just do not expect to lose weight quickly. One day per week is more for maintenance then for losing weight, but at the end of the day it is better than no fasting at all.

Make sure you have calculated your TDEE and BMR and try to stay under your TDEE on non fast days!

Best of luck to all of you,
    Stef.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.