First Week

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I think fasting does work. I have lost 4 kilos in my first week. I am still working out the diet and I am not sure whether my calories per day are correct. My fasting days I am hungry but for my first week I am happy with the result and I am not finding it hard to do. I live in Sydney, Australia.

Hi, I’m also in the UK and about to start, a little confused about the timing and the 24 hrs bit.

If you were to start at for example 6 am and you fasted until 6 am (or breakfast) the next morning, would this class as 24 hours or 36 if you don’t eat after 6pm the previous evening?

Would you recommend a snack before bed or not?
    Or would it be better to do a mid day start?

Appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Hi Newme,

You go to bed, get up the next day and eat 500 calories or less, then go to bed, get up the next day and eat normally (i.e. within TDEE). That is one fasting period.

How you choose to spread your 500 calories is up to you. I tend to hold off til maybe 11 or 12 before I start eating and have 2 meals. Some people eat 3, some 1. Find what works for you.

I would not suggest you eat a late snack the night before. Why would you? Eat less, not more.

Also I find I am less hungry on a fast day if I avoid white bread, pasta, rice, cakes, biscuits etc the evening before and on the fast day itself.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.