First Day

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Hi everyone well i am doing quite well with my very first “Fast day” I wonder if anyone else has started today maybe we could all help each other , plus all the help from everyone else too, Thank you Ken

hi Ken and welcome to the forum!

sounds like you are doing great on your first fast, so the others will get even easier!
    good luck and happy fasting ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all, this is my first day and I am feeling good so far. Your posts sre encouraging, I have 15 lbs to lose.

Hello to Marciajok & Angie090465 thank you Angie for your support my next fast day is Thursday , i do hope it gets easier , i found the middle of the afternoon quite difficult with hunger pains , i would appreciate your thoughts or ideas for that

fast day number 2 and i am looking forward to it

Good luck Ken, let us know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚

Kits

Thank you Kits , had my soft boiled egg and 6 asparagus for my breakfast yummy , how do you get the “Smileies” on ?

Very nice! I just use : and ) together to make mine ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi everyone I’m also new to posting! Been following a few threads since I started (3 weeks ago)! I strangely enjoy my fast days which I never thought I would, it makes me feel in control :). I have been weighing myself every week but didn’t see any change until this week, 2lb off! I know it’s not a huge amount but I’m very aware that this is a slow process so I’m happy. I need to lose about 24lb at least. I’m a little worried that I’m either over eating or under eating on non fast days but I really don’t want to get stuck in the habit of counting calories on these days, otherwise it will start to feel like a diet. Anybody else have that problem?

Hi Kitty , yes i feel the same as you on non fast days what i have started to do is just be more aware of what i eat and my portion sizes , I know i have cut them down so i will see on friday at my first wiegh in ๐Ÿ™‚

Kittykat I completely agree ๐Ÿ™‚ and today is the first of my fast days (my 6th), that I’ve felt great all day, I haven’t had anything apart from a little skimmed milk in a couple of coffees, and 1 chicken oxo, so I’ve saved nearly all my calories for dinner, and actually, if it didn’t bother my husband I would probably not bother with dinner and just have a really early night, as it is, I will eat with him but just some lovely barbecued chicken breast and grilled veggies. I feel almost weirdly euphoric at the moment, and not hungry at all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all,

My first day. Had just over 700 calories today, found it easier than I thought it would be!
    Would like to lose about 4 stone at least. Tried Atkins recently but it didn’t seem maintainable for a longer period of time. My TDEE is 3222 so my understanding is that I have 1/4 of that (805.5) on my fasting days?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, It’s also my first day today. So far so good. I’ve used up 290 of 600 cals so far (a hard boiled egg for bfast and a salad consisting of greens, cukes, tomatoes, carrots, hot peppers, and mixed beans for lunch.) I’ve been drinking lots of water and green tea as well. No hunger pangs yet. I think the hard part was obsessing all day about food. It also helps that I keep busy (I’m still at work). Will see what the evening brings as I tend to binge on snack while watching TV. Wish me luck!

Larko89 that sounds about right for your daily allowance calculated from your TDE. Although do remember to recalculate as you lose weight! I’ve been fasting today, normally do it mon/Thursday because I’m at work and that helps to keep me busy! It has been far harder today at home, while cooking for my family and not eating….. Feel sorry for any of you that don’t work but I’m sure you probably have your own way of dealing with it and getting through the day. I’ve just had my first food of the day and it was 225 cals so at least I’ve got something for later when I feed my family, think we will all just be having salad ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a little mad with myself for eating a lot of junk in the last few days but I’m blaming my routine being out of sync while kids are off etc… I’m sure I can back on track next week. Not weighing myself thus week, going to start doing it every 2 weeks because I never see much change in just a week. Well done everyone so far, we can do it!!!

Started two days ago with two fast days. I have lost 6 pounds.I do need to lose 3-4 stones. Think the 4 milke walks on both days helped. Going for curry for kids birthday. Hope it does not blow it.

Starting my fast diet tomorrow, need to lose 20 pounds. Looking forward to loosing it, tried almost everything so I am hoping this works ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just wanted to report that Iยดve sucsessfully finished my first day, and I feel great ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi how does this work please some one tell me

Hi and welcome:

Here are some tips: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

One of them is to go to the top of the page and read the FAQs. Also, at the top of the page, is the category “How”. That will explain a lot.

In a nutshell, you eat 500 or fewer calories two days a week (any days you choose). The other five days you eat normally (unless your normal is to pig out, at which point you should cut down on the calories a bit). There are no foods you have to eat, and no foods you cannot eat. It is that simple.

Good Luck!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.