Fell off The Wagon Last Thursday Need a Diet Buddy or three

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Fell off The Wagon Last Thursday Need a Diet Buddy or three

This topic contains 88 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Izzy2015 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 89 total)

• Hi Guys

Anyone want to join me? I started the fast diet on 18th January. I have lost 7 kg since then. Really pleased … However last Thursday (my 2nd fast day) a friend in need asked me out on a girls night out and I said yes. Ooops

The next day I was too busy with kids to fast and then we were into the Easter break, as a result of not completing my fast day and Easter lunch at my mother in law’s I gained 1.8kg! Ouch!

Back on track now as on my 2nd fast day this week but a bit scared to get on the scales tomorrow morning… hoping I will be at least static or somwhere between my last weigh in and the 1.8 gain…

Anyway I am aiming to loose another 8kg so I need all the help I can get if anyone wants to join me.

Hi

yes I will be your diet buddy as I have never done this before and going to start next week

Thanks Lulu – Good Luck, I can highly reccomend it, very flexible. The day I started my mum phoned me up and invited me out to lunch so I just ended up postponing my start date by one day!

Have you got the recipe book. I find it really good, even for keeping within normal calorie intake on non fast days.

Go for it … Also well worth stocking up on some Fast diet friendly foods, smoked salmon, chicken, prawns, eggs, brocoli, sugar free alpen, fruit, ginger, herbs, low fat creme fraiche etc,etc.

I tend to eat breakfast and then don’t eat again until supper as it fits better with children but I know others prefer to skip breakfast and eat an earlier tea instead.

Cheers

Hi there,

I fell off the wagon last week also,was lucky enough not to have a gain, been good this week, today is my second fast, having chicken and mushroom omelette, first and only meal of the day.

Lets see what the scales say tomorrow.

I’ve fallen off the wagon a few times and you just get right back on! I am up a pound and a half in one day! after a night of shrimp tacos and wine. today is supposed to be a fast day. I had one coconut milk plus a red curry bowl with chicken, little grains, and veggies. I’m estimating I’m just over 510 or so…not more than 600. I’m eating nothing else! fingers crossed! and I did force myself to do a quick 2 mile run today! hoping to drop back by tomorrow…sometimes I fast all day until dinner but I seem to do better if I hold off and just have liquids until 130 or 2 and then eat a decent size healthy meal. later just have liquids or add an apple if I’m really feeling starved! does anyone else think this pattern works? when I hold off all day I feel bit out of it…

I can’t do all day, but can last till around 6pm, then have best part of 500 cals for dinner.

I’ll join you too! My second fast tomorrow so will be nice to help each other stay motivated. I’m doing this for health reasons mainly as dont need to lose much weight. I did all day fast Monday then used 600 for tea. I know it says 500 for women but as not dojng for weight loss thought 600 ok. Good luck!

Hi there! I’m also new, just did first fast on Tues, so-so 😉 felt “weak and feeble” rather than hungry , and it was first day back at work, so was not in the best frame of mind, kept to 450 cals though, had one meal around 7pm, which was too late, kept going with herbal tea and a tiny measure of almonds. Today has been fab though, and have kept well below TDEE. Hoping tomorrow’s fast will be easier and won’t feel like grabbing someones’ biscuits at 4pm. Good luck! will be great to share..

Hi there also I’m a newbe, I did my first fast day on Tuesday too… It went well just had 1/2grapefruit for breakfast slice of ham mid afternoon and chicken stir fry for supper and an apple for evening nibbles think it went well! Scales said 2kgs down today but I imagine some of that is water I’m 77kgs weight loss is important but I ‘m trying to reverse my Diabetes so I also follow the type 2 diabetes thread because I’m juggling blood sugars as well so if this is a buddy thread I’m in too please

Wow guys… Thanks for the support… So weigh in after a two day fast was down .8 kgs but not back as far as previous success. 1kg+ to go to get back to previous weight or less. I am going to do 3 fast days next week to help me get back on track. Also yoga starts again and I will see if I can get a swim in too. Probably Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks for the feedback on what everyone is doing. I tend to go for a small breakfast, liquids all day and then eat with my husband in the evening. I can’t last all day with nothing as I need some energy to get kids off to school before I hit my desk and we never eat until 7.30 after they are in bed.

just easing myself into it for a few days as got my mom over for the weekend and then will start monday

cant wait 🙂

Can i join?! i am in need of abuddy or two! I am aiming to loose one stone, i have yoyoed back and forward loosing a few pounds then putting them all back on again. I have no will power!!! Really really want this to work for the health benefits – heard that 2pm to 2pm is best way to fast?

Hi Nixie – You are welcome to join us, good luck for Monday. My will power is rubbish too, that’s what’s so great about this diet you are only on it for 2 days a week and you end up adopting healthier practices when you are on non fast days too.

Ok – thanks for accepting me into the group! I think what I will do is post my weigh in here once a week on a Monday morning – if i haven’t posted please prompt me!! If anyone else wants to post please join me !! Thanks for the support I need it!

Will be great to have some encouragement – we can all keep each other on track! I’m fasting today. Bit peckish to be honest but inking loads of water with lime juice to stave it off! Don’t feel too bad and nice to know I can eat what I want tomorrow!

Good luck! Ok all those that want to – weigh in Monday morning!

Sounds like a good idea…. weigh in Monday morning it is then.
    Got my second fast day tomorrow(Friday) the surprise for me is that I haven’t been tempted to eat silly stuff on on non fast days! It is much more fun to do this with buddies

Hello
    Can I join this group? I have just started the 5 2 diet and I’m just finishing day two of fast day. I’ve done two in a row and I’m struggling a bit today.

I ve been reading these forums and find them very motivating and would love to buddy up. I’m hoping to do my fast days on Mondays and Wednesdays!

Great ok all of us can post our weight Monday morning ( can i say i have never done that before!!) but think this will really help focus me. I am planning fasting 2pm tomorrow to 2pm Sat ( so i’ll have reasonable meal tomorrow night up to 400 cals then just try to survive on tea with splash of red milk on Saturday until 2pm. Good luck folks!

Wow- I’ve never shared by weight either because I’m so embarrassed!!!!

sounds like a great idea! am on 2nd fast day, impossible is nothing? arrrrgh! has been tough today, and have felt impatient and moody,although am not going to give up 😉
    Will catch up on Monday..hope it all goes well for everyone!

Good luck diet buddies…keep the faith XX

On my first fast day this week, aiming for three days this week as I want to get back to pre-easter weight.

Re Nixie’s comment about sharing weight, If anyone feels uncomfortable about this then fine to abstain, or just say how much they are trying to loose instead as I don’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I am not weighing in again until Friday morning after my 3rd fast day but I am happy to share last thursday’s weight if that is what everyone wants to do. I have about 8kg I would like to loose but I don’t know how realistic that is.

Had egg for breakfast sticking to fluids until tea time think I am having the chicken marinated in creme fraiche and dijon with green beans tonight as hubby will eat that too and I can give him some chips on the side… yum. Good luck ladies if anyone else is fasting today.

Welcome by the way Rubyredster 🙂

I too could do with buddies to motivate me and keep me on the straight and narrow. I started fast diet on 18th Jan too and lost 5lbs in 2 weeks ( I have about 70lbs to lose in total so know I’m in for a long haul.) Since then I’ve lost the plot and regained 2.5lbs! Anyway back on it today, feeling focused. Strawberry Smoothie for breakfast and will then have O’Kelly’s fish for tea. Good luck everyone.

Morning everyone! Well i weighed myself this morning and am 9 stone 10oz which for my height whilst not horrendous is a little heavy. I have set myself a goal of 9 stone which would be a healthy weight for me (i am 5″1).

Izzy – totally agree – please do noy feel inder any pressure to post weight here if that would not help you. I just feel it is a way that might help me focus on my weight loss but last thing I want is to make others feel pressure. We ate here to support each other! I am fasting today so have had a good breakfast of fruit and fibre and will try to have very little until supper of a boiled egg and one slice of brown toast. Good luck everyone hope you have a good day

Hi everyone, last week was my first week of doing this and this morning I weighed in at 77.6 kgs that’s 2.3kgs off my start weight of 79.9 so I call that a result!As important to me are my blood sugars as I’m diabetic and they seem to be much better but will only know over time.
    Tomorrow is my first day this week and I really like the sound of Izzie’s chicken dish I might give it a try!
    So good Luck to you all this week.

Morning everyone!
    Thanks izzy for my kind welcome to group!

I was too scared to weigh myself this morning as yesterday wS a non fast day and I think I ate too much! Did not calorie count. But if I weigh myself and I’ve gained i know that I will lose heart and give up and I can’t do that because I like this lifestyle of eating. I love reading the posts because they give me hope and motivation and it’s really lovely to be doing this with buddies who understand each other.
    I’m now on my fast day 2nd week and just having a cup of tea now, prepared chopped carrots for 12 noon and having an 81 cal soup for 2pm and fish with salad for dinner. I find that if I’m prepared for the day , I follow my plan to a tee. I’ve been looking forwRd to my fast day which is rather strange and want to hear my tummy rumbling- something that normally doesn’t happen. Last week I did the fast days back to back and found the 2nd day challenging but this week I’m sticking to Monday and wed. Good luck all of and may the numbers go down on the scales for all of you! Love ruby

Hi everyone!

Well done CaryAnn48! That’s rather excellent! I’m not calorie counting and I’ve been in London all weekend eating out and so on so I don’t really want to weigh in today either! I’m fasting today and Wednesday and strangely was rather looking forward to it too after a weekend of overeating! Let me know how you get in today Rubyredster. I’m having cups of tea and hot water with lemon all day then a bigger supper. If I eat during the day I find it harder!

Hi Ruby – thats a great idea about preparing carrots/ cuppa soup in advance. I have found worst time is when I am preparing kids meals and its just too tempting to keep snacking and )am embarrassed to say) eating their leftovers

Nixie- don’t be embarrassed- I do that too- I also snack on their meals while the kids are eating their food- how bad and sad is that???
    Now they are older they won’t let me go near their plates! Lol! I’m defo a snacker but these fast days are great because I’m rebooting my eating habits and setting new healthier habits.
    I have my chopped carrots in my handbag and soup ready for lunch later. I save my main meal for dinner as I have something to look forward to!
    Another strategy I use now is to leave the kids to eat at the table and I go on log on to these forums to keep my motivation up plus I m not tempted to snack on any left over food in the kitchen!
    Good luck all!

Carryanne – That is fantastic … Nixie thanks for your response and I am totally with you on the kids meals issue. I have just realised I need to do my daughters tea tonight so I am thinking of what I can give here that I won’t be tempted to nibble on but she loves… Fast days with childcare and food prep are not a good combination.

Off to make another cup of tea 🙂

Hi Everyone

Anyone fasting today? I made it through my first fast day yesterday, only slight hitch was a small glass of wine to be sociable …. think I am still within 500 cals though. My supper taseted amazing when I finally managed to sit down and eat at 8pm!

Strawberry and banana smothie for breakfast today and smoked fish and spinach for supper later with a poached egg thrown in.

Good luck everyone if you are fasting today.

Hi Izzy

I fasted yesterday, managed to stick to 500 and for first time ever stop habit of shoveling food into my mouth whislt preparing kids tea! Well done you! Today I have decided to go for 1000 cals and see how i get on. If this works I think I am going to rotate 500 one day 1000 next day then a day when I just dont think about calories at all. 1000 a day seems like loads after a 500 day – i’ll try it for a week. If I dont like it I’ll just revert to 2 days of 500 a day.

I struggled yesterday! Ok all day then ate tea at same time as kids which was a mistake because then I was hungry in the evening and sneaked a few bits of chocolate and done mints! And what’s worse is I scoffed a whole load of Easter egg this morning!! Think I’m a list cause! Will try again tomorrow, wish me luck!

Hi Izzy and company,

I know this thread has been running for a while now but I would love to join you guys as I have (after two and a half months and about 4lbs dropped) just gone back to my start weight and I am not feeling motivated!

You guys all seem so on top of what meals to have, I usually end up with half a can of beans on a slice or two of toast at the end of the day…

As everyone on here seems to be doing so well I hope I can absorb some of your amazing willpower!

Creeping Dragon and everyone else who has joined – the more the merrier! I think something we all seem to be good at is beating ourselves up about falling off thecwagon..i know myself i do ok for a while – then have a bad week and thats it – in mind i have no will power and give up. I thinkvwe have got to try to help wach other change that mindset. If you have a bad day well ok, its happened, draw a line under ut and plan your next fast day to give your system a rest and all the health benefits that flow from it.

I feel positive just now; but i know there will be days soon when I will be unable to think of anything other than food ( worst habit confession time again: eating nutella/and or peanut butter out of the jar…..!!

The fact that we are on here at all shows we do care about our health and want to improve ) if that means i go down a jeans size aswell then even better). Lets stop feeling bad about ourselves and lets be positive, understand we arecweak sometimes and just say hey ok it happened. Tomorrow i will do better!

Hi all,

I also over did it at weekend (alcohol and munching threw a 2 day hang over) so the scales are not being kind to me. Considering doing 3 days fasting to make up for it. Like you I can become unmotivated when I do not see a weight loss.

Good luck

Hi everyone!
    I fell off the wAgon yesterday and today and feel
    Cross with myself for not being stronger but having
    Read your lovely kind words nixie I’m going to draw a line under it and start tomorrow!
    It’s a fast day tomorrow and have plenty of food
    Ready. Tomorrow I will do better as nixie says.

Can I just say this is a lovely supportive group and everyone’s input is valuable! Good luck tomorrow!

We can but try!

Hi Ladies

Don’t beat yourselves up. I am joining you … I did really well all day today (supposed to be a fast day) but I am on my own with the kids till friday and the chocolate still lingering in my house was too tempting to ignore this evening.

My Monday fast day was really good, today not so good so I am taking a day off and taking my son swimming tomorrow and trying again on Thursday for my second fast day and just accept I won’t manage 3 days this week. I really liked Nixxie’s idea of being more aware of what you eat on non fast days untill I am back on track and trying to keep to 1000 on non fast days. Welcome to Creeping dragon and everyone else.

Try and stay positive 😉

Yippee lost the .8kg. Despite the chocolate! Back to my pre Easter weight of 66.9. Going to fast Thursday. Having an active day today but not fasting. Good luck if you are.

Well done izzy!
    It’s my fast day today and I’m raring to go!
    I’m armed with chopped carrots, a low cal cup a soup for emergency and cooking a veg soup for dinner with some salmon thrown in for protein!

I am going to weigh myself and measure myself tomorrow morning so will let you know how I’ve done. Even if I don’t lose weight , I know I’m feeling much better about myself and that I’m taking positive steps to be more healthy as we all are and that counts.

Stay positive and keep reminding yourselves of the health benefits! Bye for now!

Yipeeee! Well done Izzy that’s fantastic – i dropped .5 pound again so that’s 1.5 pounds since Saturday which I am really pleased with – my challenge now is to STICK AT IT – and not overdo it between now and my next fasting day. i am keeping focused on the health benefits – its so good for your whole system to fast.

Thanks guys … Glad it’s going well for everyone. Off to yoga now!

Morning diet buddies, hope everyone is feeling positive – today is a fast day – yesterday was not a good day foodwise. I ate sweets, homemade Bannoffee cupcakes, a scone….i felt bad last night but this morning I am up and thought Hey why feel bad? It was’t a fast day so who cares! Today is the important one so I am summoning all my will power to make sure i stick to my 500 cals and resist another cupcake……!! I have bought a healthy m and s salad meal (330 cals) so i plan to eat nothing all day – have that 6 and rubys advice re chopped carrots for snacks later on when i am weak!!! X

Hi All,

Thank you for the great welcome!

I can definitely feel the positive vibes coming through. Well done Izzy on getting back on target!

I think my lapse is actually making me more determined to stick to 500 calories on fast days so if I do get the munchies on non fast days (most of the time) I can have something and it not be the end of the world.

Good luck today nixie, think how nice the cupcake will taste tomorrow after you stick to 500 today!

Hi all!

Nixie and Izzy – brilliant weight losses! You;re both really inspirational! 🙂

I did a fast day yesterday but as usual the mid afternoon hunger pangs made me eat leftover pasta! 🙁 then ate a normal meal! Probably ate 700/800 cals overall so really am not going to lose weight fast at this rate. Im thinking when the kids go back to school next week, i will be more regimental in my approach. I weighed myself this morning and i have lost 1 pound over 1.5 weeks which isnt brilliant but hey its a loss and not a gain.

The next three days im eating out so will plan a fast day for Sunday, Monday and Wednesday next week. Im determined to make this work.

I found an Ainsley Harriet Soup at Waitrose which is on offer at the moment 62p and its only 66 cals – I go for the Schushwan (cant spell it!) veg soup as its got a chilli tang to it but the soups are really nice and filling if anyone like soups.

Bye for now! 🙂

Rubyredster, you should be really pleased with the 1 pound loss, you are still losing!
    My weight seems to be coming off at a snails pace so I can sympathise.

Does anyone on here vary between two and three fast days a week? I have been thinking about upping my fast days but not sure if I can handle three fast days every week I am entertaining the possibility of 2:5 one week and 3:4 the next and so on.

Good luck anyone on a fast day today!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply.