Why I’m Such A Fan of Dr. Mosley And 5:2

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sherylfromCA 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m not really new to 5:2. I always thought the concept was perfect, and in 2013 I lost weight, but after about a month, I had to admit those 500 calorie days were just not sustainable long term. Even so, I bought all of Dr. Mosley’s books, enjoyed reading them, and wished I too could be one of the success stories.

Fast forward to 2016. I read Dr. Mosley’s The 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet where he talked about doing 5:2 on 800 calories. I thought “nice”, but I couldn’t muster up enough courage for another failure. Fast forward to March 2017. I read a vey nice interview, I believe it was in The Daily Mail or Telegraph, where he talked convincingly about being successful on 5:2 doing the 800 calories. A light bulb went off, and I thought, “I can do this!” And I am. I’ve heard it said before, and it’s true that those extra 300 calories are the difference between success and failure. I AM DOING THIS. I am losing weight. Slow and steady. I’m vegetarian and sometimes eat junk, but overall, I eat healthy.

This will be my year to reach a healthy BMI. I’ve quit some of the Facebook 5:2 groups, because some of them akin the 800 calories to blasphemy! Even 5:2 author Kate Harrison, in her new 5:2 vegetarian book, gets passive aggressive by talking about Dr. Mosley’s update, but then giving all the reasons it may not work, and then basically recommending 500 calories throughout the book. Sure, some of us may need less, but I have to tell you, I’m not even 5 feet 3 inches, and I’m losing well. I guess my point is, why not start from a place of encouragement instead of discouragement?

I’m sorry to go on and on, but I’m just so happy to be regaining my health. After a lifetime of one diet after another. Thank you Dr. Mosley.

Wow, I thought this was deleted, but it just popped up today! I have to learn my tablet better!
    I redid a shorter post after I thought the first was deleted….in any event, 5:2 rocks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.