techniques to take your mind off food.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Coping strategies for hunger
techniques to take your mind off food.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  greg smithe 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Currently on week 4. First 2 weeks lost 4lb but the 3rd was difficult as I had a stressful week at wirk and my dads 70th and my daughters 9th. I do like the versatility of this diet as any other id have given up. Im on a fast day today and because my routine has been messed up by a 2 hour meeting I feel oike I want to graze, even after my dinner. What strategies do you use to take your mind off it? I am ok once my girls go bed as I have a bath and go bed myself but this last hour is going to kill me. Helpppppp x

Hi Hmb!

Sorry i didnt see your post earlier so i hope you are going ok lol, fasting today as well and i am just glad the day is almost done!
    Re the techiniques, mm, that is a hard one, everyone copes differently i think, i try not to think about food grrrrr, stay away from the kitchen and keep water nearby so i am drinking often lol!!

Am sure you will be fine, hang in there!! X

Hi Hmb,

Oh, it’s awful, isn’t it? But you know you’re doing this for all the right reasons, your daughter for one (mine was 15 on the 27th – January babies!). The last hour? What about a cup of herbal tea and surf the forum? There’s usually someone on who’ll dissuade you from that beckoning biscuit tin, lol.

All the best and STAY STRONG

Aud x
    PS I also hate work meetings; HATE is not too strong a word *sigh*

Hi Hmb,

So my very best advice is to keep busy. I have only been doing intermittent fasting for 4 weeks too but when I am busy, either at work or just doing something at home I find that I very rarely notice the hunger and if I do it comes in waves and as soon as I notice a wave if i keep busy i actually forget about it and before I know it i am not hungry and its the next day!

I hope that helps – that’s what I do every fast day, especially when i don’t really want to be fasting I get more focused on something to get me through it!

Focus on something absolutely nothing to do with diet helps the best to take your mind off it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.