Starting again!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PoshBird01 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I started the 5:2 this time last year and loved it, I found it so easy and despite being menopausal managed to lose 33ilbs in 5 months, I was averaging 7lbs a month for the first four months. The weight loss slowed down quite dramatically after that but I stuck with it until early July when following a death in the family things went a bit pear shaped, I gained about 5 – 7lbs but was still making fairly healthy choices. Two big holidays followed and finally the death of my lovely Mum followed by Christmas which tipped me into gluttony!
    Not only am I gutted with gaining weight I have lost the sense of well being that the plan gave me, feeling happier, healthier and having more energy plus the very definite health benefit of a lower blood pressure.
    Enough!! I know this eating plan works and I know that within reason I should be able to stick with this as a lifestyle change for ever and ever amen.
    The one positive thing I can find is this;
    I have been a yo yo dieter for years, losing four stones, gaining five, losing three, gaining three and a half and so on and so on.
    Yes, I have yo yo’d again but for the first time ever I have not gained more than I lost and in fact I am still 16lbs lighter so with that in mind I have started again.
    I started yesterday and looking for inspiration and support I stumbled on this forum, hopefully it will help fuel my positivity.

You poor thing, sounds like a proper ‘annus horribilis’ for you but so glad to see that you’re still positive and looking forward instead of back. You will slip back into this easily I think and now you’ll have more tools to help, with the forum and an easy TDEE calculator.

I didn’t have any of this, or the books or anything really but having seen the documentary once, when I started but since discovering this forum in the summer I feel like I’m not on my own.

If your weight loss was starting to tail off towards the end. You might want to bear in mind that you’d lost a heck of a lot of weight by that point and the standard 2000 vs 500 calories may not have been applicable for you any more. Once you start to tail off you need to recalculate your individual TDEE (in the How tab above) to reflect your current stats.

Good luck on your continuing journey 😉

I am starting the 5:2 next Monday (awaiting the arrival of cookbook, new scales and a tape measure). I have worked out using the TDEE calculator that i can have 2000 calories a day on non fast days which seems such a huge amount of calories that I cannot quite get my head around it. I do need to loose approx 3 stone so i guess i reduce this amount as time goes by. Any input gratefully received and very excited to get started.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.