ONE DAY / 24 hours

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Miram 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi,
    I consider, if i stop eating after 7 pm, does my fast day end at 7 pm next evening – and after that i can eat, or shall fast go to and end day after that? If so, fasting time shall be quite much longer than 24 hours.

Thank for your answer! Have a great day – all the best!
    With beautiful greetings from Finland Miram ๐Ÿ™‚

hi Miram and welcome onboard!

when I fast, its from my last meal of the day, usually 7 pm like you, then the day AFTER the fast around breakfast time, say 8ish am, roughly 36 hours… you don’t have to carry on fasting after that unless you intend to do back to back fast days?

I hope this helps, am sure others will have a say on this to help you out! also please have a look around the site, plenty of resources on there too!

good luck and happy fasting ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Miriam, This is what Michael says in the FAQ section

“In reality a fast day is 36 hours. If you finish your last full evening meal at 7.30pm on Sunday, then Monday is your fast day, you are not going to be eating normally till Tuesday morning 7.30am. That is 36 hours. If you decide instead to fast from 2pm on Monday until 2pm on Tuesday, then that will only be 24 hours. Wait till 7pm and that is 29 hours. To do 36 hours you would have to hold off till 2am on Wednesday, which would be a little inconvenient”.

It took me a while to get my head round it but it’s not as bad as it sounds! I have been doing it and it works out fine. Sometimes I keep myself going with the thought of breakfast the following morning but I have never actually felt the need to rush and eat something when I get up.

Linda

Linda,
    thank you very much for your answer!
    Oooh – 36 hours sound like a lot ๐Ÿ™‚ But, i will try.

Have a great week end!

– Miram

Angie,
    thank you so much for your answer!
    As i told to Linda, this 36 hours sounds very long time. I have just started – had my first fast day yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚ (and only little bit more than 24 hours).

May your day be full of joy!
    Miram

hi Miram!

don’t worry if 36hrs seems like a long time, after a few fasts you will not even notice lol!!
    honestly, it soon passes and tomorrow always comes round and its all ours ๐Ÿ™‚

good luck and have a fab day too! xx

yes, like others, I find the 36 hour or so fasting is pretty easy, especially if I eat that evening around 6 pm, the next 4 or 5 hours are fine and then I’m off to bed and sleeping for 7 or 8. I get up, surf the net, have some black coffee, then a workout and it’s time for my normal day breakfast before heading off to work.
    My problem here in freezing cold Canada is on my normal days I have difficulty not eating everything in sight later that day after I get home from work(hibernation mode?)
    YMMV, but I’m sure you’ll find 36 hours fairly easy after a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Angie and dont diet live it,
    thank you for your answers, cheer and example! So very kind of you!

Now is my second fast day – 17 hours of fast behind – for see ….. ๐Ÿ™‚

May your new week be full of happiness – all the best!

– Miram

Hi I started this fasting but I am doing it everyother day and I just finished my first week and lost 8lbs. If my last meal is at 8pm and then I don’t eat again until 8am the next day. I did not find it to hard to do every other day since I knew the next day I could get normal.

Hi codymax,
    thank you for your tip!
    Do i understand right: you fast 12 hours everyother day – from 8pm to next dayยดs 8am?

– M

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.