Newbie here :)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dlroseberry 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hey Im new here and read about this diet am still a bit confused about the diet can somebody help me? Just what does it mean about fasting do we not eat at all for the 2 2 chosen days? Can u give me an example please. What you eat for the 5days
    Sorry all just really want to loose weight for myself but most of al for my daughter. Want to be fit and healthy for her. Thank you in advance all x

If possible, I would recommend you read the book, it can really answer a lot of questions for you and provide you with guidelines on food choices. In the meantime….My understanding of the program is that, for 5 days, you eat what you want and the two days of fasting, limit your calories to 500 for a woman and 600 for a man. It is recommended that you divide those 500 calories equally into two meals, breakfast and dinner, and bypass lunch, if possible. This allows your body the time to get the benefits of the fast. I try to make wise food choices on my “fast” days. Today, breakfast for me was oatmeal and ff greek yogurt with a few fresh blueberries. For dinner, I am thinking of having tofu, (making sure to check the calorie count) with sauteed baby spinach, onion and cherry tomato. Vegetables can be a great filler, if needed. Also, if you review this website, you may find additional guidance on how to live this program. Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome 🙂 this is how I do 5:2 – on my fast days I eat breakfast at 7am them my evening meal at 7pm – having 500 calories between the 2 meals. I drink plenty of water and herbal teas during the day. On my non fast days I still count calories – you can work out would your recommend calorie allowance is on the calculator found on the home page – (I use the MyFitnessPal app to count calories), so I don’t over eat and undo the good work! The app is really easy to use 🙂

I get it now! Thank you both hmm i shall start today lets see how i get on x thank you again 🙂

🙂 enjoy!

Hi fb just to give you another point of view from someone who is only on their 3rd week. I find it much easier not to eat until late in the afternoon as when I eat breakfast I am starving. So I have blueberries with natural greek fat free yoghurt about 4 then home made thick carrot and coriander soup (or equivalent) at about 7 and this sees me through apart from drinking 2 coffees with milk then lots of water. I also watch what I eat on my non fast days so I don’t go over my normal typical weight. You can calculate that on this site. I have lost nearly 5lbs in my first 2 weeks which has amazed me. Hope it went well yesterday x x

You can divide the fast day calories any way you want but it’s important to understand that the 500-600 calorie count is just a simple guideline. The number should be less then 25% of your normal intake, so make an adjustment if necessary. It’s important to reach the fasting state, what Dr. Longo called “repair mode” in the TV documentary. On non-fast days you should eat “normally”. You’ll probably eat somewhat more than normal and part of the advantage of intermittent fasting is the freedom you have on the non-fast days, still, if you overdo too much, you won’t lose any weight. So you should continue to try to eat right on non-fast days. Fasting isn’t magic, at least as far as weight goes (it’s been pretty “magical” for me as regards blood sugar, blood pressure and lipid panel), but it gives you a huge leg up versus just dieting, so many of us have lost weight.

I personally, with months of experience, find it easy to do with just 200-300 calories from just fruits and veggies. I’ve lost a lot of weight, but not every week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.