This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaxx101 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I need to lose 20 lbs in 13weeks started on Monday done my fast days mon and wed love a drink at week ends . Exercising 3 times. Week and walking around 8 miles a week . I’m currently 12 4 lbs 5 feet 5 size 14 want to be comfortable in size 12 again any tips would be helpful and what affects does doing more exercise have? I’ve just realised I’ve been doing 600 cals instead of 500 will this make a big difference.

I think you are being unrealistic with your weight loss. That’s about 1.5 pounds per week or about 700g per week. Its doable but I say its going to be very hard. Initially you will lose a lot of associated water as well but that disappears after about a week or two. After that its just fat loss. Fat has 9 calories per gram. If you want to lose 700g per week then that means a reduction of 700 x 9 = 6300 calories for the week. If I make the assumption that youre eating 2000 cal per day, that means a water only fast three times per week. This is hard but doable. I managed to do 2 water only fasts per week for five months before I reached my weight target.

Exercise has a small to moderate impact on weight loss. 600 instead of 500 cals means youre losing 11g less per fast day. So 22 grams for the week.

My tip? Cut out the drinking on the weekends. Alcohol is 7 calories per gram and it is sent to the liver and stored as fat. Lets assume you like spirits at 40%. A shot of 30mL will be 70 calories. 5 drinks will be 340 calories. If its a cocktail with sugar water of some description then add 100 calories per glass, so 5 drinks will be 840 calories. You burn about 100 calories per mile. So that 8 mile walk will offset your 5 drinks on the weekend.

Thanks for your reply

Sorry I meant I want to lose 13 lb I. 12 weeks 20 in total

Bigbooty thanks for all your info it’s very useful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.