New Member – From the US – turning 60 soon – oh – and my pants are too tight!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
New Member – From the US – turning 60 soon – oh – and my pants are too tight!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CopyCowgirl 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• What a glamorous description, right? I’m here to learn and be inspired by all of you who have adopted this way of eating. I learned about the Fast Diet a few years ago and dabbled in it, then went Keto and lost 25 pounds. During this stay at home order, I’ve realized several things:
    1. I like bread – sourdough to be specific
    2. I love chocolate
    3. I have weighed less before and I love the way it feels – and want to get back to it
    4. Life is too short to give up bread, chocolate, and wine, even if there are keto versions, because really, they just don’t taste as good no matter how much you tweak the recipe.
    I’ll still eat primarily keto, but I think the fasting days will help me mentally, as in no shaming or beating myself up.
    I’m also not weighing, but will consistently use my hip, waist, and bust measurements to track my progress. In the past, the scale has been a source of anxiety and obsession for me, so I’ll bypass that trigger for now. I may eventually step on the scale (such as dr visits) and gauge my progress from there.
    Hopefully that’s not too much info – looking forward to learning more about everyone here. 🙂

Hi and welcome,

I’m from New Zealand and I’ve been on this site for the last 17 months or so. The site is great and there are lots of support and challenge forums to keep you motivated. I managed to drop 45 kilos (99 pounds) in the first 11 months and maintained it for the last 5 months.

But it certainly has been difficult during lockdown. There has been not a lot to do besides bake treats, eat treats and spend a lot of time on screens. Luckily we’re allowed out to exercise (as long as we keep a social distance of 2 meters from anyone else out exercising)

I got a real shock this morning as I stood on the scales and this week I’d gained 3.2 kilos (7 pounds!) I guess the baking will have to be cut out this week to see if I can get that back down, because that’s not where I want to be 🙁

Hi Neilithicman –
    You are so right about baking and eating treats! The stores here are sold out of pantry staples like spices, extracts, and low on flour. Everyone is baking and then to make matters worse, they show photos of their creations on FB.

Thankfully I have a dog that is eager for walks and we are out 2-3 times a day for at least 20 minutes at a time. Listening to books on audible makes it a good break.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.