Nearly a Year on the Fast Diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kim1955wood 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Started nearly a year ago after reaching a weight I was ashamed of, and have kept to the 2 non-consecutive days 500 calorie rule and really have not found it hard, and is the most sustainable diet I have ever done. My husband just didn’t believe it could possibly work!! It really does become a way of life. If necessary I have changed the days – I have lost two & half stone and am delighted. My hips and knees no longer get sore when I play golf and have more energy. Did have two plateau periods in the summer but just kept going. I did cut out some of the sugar I had in my tea with sweeteners and this has certainly helped. At my annual health check up the nurse said I should aim at 13 stone but I want to lose another 10 lbs and then shall just do 1 day a week. This will give me a little lee way. I weigh once a week and have aimed to lose 1lb a week. Slow is best I believe!

Thanks Brian & Mimi – your diet has been a revelation

Hi KatrynHelen!

Wow that is quite a amazing journey, well done!!! I bet you are delighted, i hope you get to your goal soon and swtich to maintenance mode!

Congrats again, inspring story, happy continued fasting 🙂

Angie x

kathrynHelen
    It’s amazing I’ve lost 36 lbs as well and my 1 year is up Feb 20 th!!! Do you find like I have that people are suddenly starting to notice ….odd isn’t it??? I do feel so much better and as I get towards my goal I only plan in losing 2 more kg and then trying maintenance.MY husband has been on maintenance for 3 months now and has stayed on the same kilo in all that time. he tells me he’ll do 2 fasts in the week instead of one if he puts on weight and I guess that’ s a good way to look at maintanance.

I started this after viewing this program about fasting on PBS in August 2013! I hate to diet and found this very simple to do. I went to my yearly check up last month and was down 16 pounds from last year! The nurse asked me many questions on what I was doing! All I can say if that after the holidays it is easy to get back on track! This is not a diet but I way to eat for life! Thanks to Dr. Mosley & Mim Spencer. I plan to buy the book very soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.