Mr Heart Bypass says Hello

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Firefox7275 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there,just wanna say hi and I am looking to start a variation of fasting but will see my doctor before I begin.
    5 years ago I had to have an emergency double heart bypass without a heart attack at the age of 43,weighing 13 stone ,id always been a runner,I’m now just over 10 stone ,and have to take a cocktail of drugs ,Bisoprolol,Ramiprill,Clopidogral and Sinvastatin.I’m now a competing long distance runner,but would like to lower my body fat from 15 to 10 % .I also suffer bad mental health and have recently had to come off sertraline,as not helping.But I know that a small amount of fasting may be beneficial to my physical and cognitive health and maybe even reduce some of my meds.Anyways have a nice night and I’ll be in here tomoz reading some of the posts

Welcome here Shelly. What a rotten run you have had.
    5:2 is probably the most gentle way of fasting, especially if you make the two fast days 800 calorie maximum, so it might suit you really well.

I developed a debilitating chronic illness in the prime of my life, so I know what it is like to have health stripped away, life totally changed (and then weight piling on). Nightmare. I am down to the lower end of my healthy weight range, thanks to 5:2, and I really hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

I do hope you can find a way to get good support from this forum. Checkout the biggest threads https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/view/popular/
    and see if you would like to join one. I’m in the Southern Hemispherites and we would welcome you even if you live in the northern hemisphere!

Best wishes

Shelly1651: Do you have a registered dietician or other medical professional working with you on diet modification?

Certain nutrients are very important in mental wellbeing, including long chain omega-3s (oily fish), magnesium (various seeds/ cocoa/ low sugar dark chocolate), vitamin D (oily fish again).

Please DO NOT supplement unless cleared by your doctor, pharmacist or dietician, stick to wholefoods. Similarly please double check before fasting.

HTH!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.