Maintenance isn't working!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,
    I’ve been on the 5.2 for a little over a month, all going well 3kilos lost.
    This week I have family staying with me and decided to just do 6.1. I stayed under 500cals that one day and the other 6 ate normally (didn’t overindulge).
    I’ve gained a lb why??
    I thought the 6.1 was going to my way of life once I lost the weight I want to, or am i just going to put it all back on slowly???

One pound up or down is a very normal fluctuation, I regularly go up and down more than this. It is the overall trend that is important, just get back on track and that pound plus another will soon go. 3 kilos is actually a lot to lose in one month anyway, I found my weight loss settled to about 1lb per week or less, it really depends how close you are to target. It got more difficult to lose as I approached ideal weight.

Emlo6 – surely you shouldn’t be concerned about what your body does in one week? We all go up and down a bit in the short term, and these things have to be part of the longer view. 1lb is nothing either way. Far too early in the process to be downhearted. Not sure if you’re male or female but there are lots of non-food reasons for the bumps in the road of weight loss. How are your measurements doing? Keep positive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.